Code of Conduct
Page 313 of 316 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,390 of 9480
    People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

Yesterday:

Eau d'Hermès 2001 coppertop/dirty duracell

Today:

Moschino Pour Homme and throwing on some Herb Alpert to compliment the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    SOTD: Joop! What About Adam (sample)

First time smelling or wearing this one.
    Nice! I hardly ever see this get mentioned. Funny enough, I recently reacquainted myself with it just a few days ago. Easily my favorite from Yope. I owned a bottle years ago (along with Jump, Go, and Nightflight) but What About Adam got purged along with a few dozen other bottles in ~2011 or so. What About Adam was one from the bunch that I've always regretted getting rid of and I finally picked up a few minis last week.

It's one of Calice Becker's first outings and, while still plenty potent, is quite different that most other fragrances from the house, in both volume and finesse. To me, it's primarily an almost aggressively fresh, tomato leaf-driven, green masculine - in a good way. Some parts of it seem at home in 1997 (the fresh 'masculine cologne' bits), others seem ahead of their time (the tomato leaf, the overall construction). A good deal of complexity but totally easy to wear. The tomato leaf/minty/grassy accord pairs really well with the citrus in the top, and with the fresh woody/mossy base.

Totally fun and easy to wear, Becker does pretty masterful things in the way of taming potentially harsh attributes...and of course, starting to climb in price now that it's disco'd. Will occasionally pop up at sub-$50 for 75ml though. I think it's my favorite tomato leaf rendition in perfumery, beating out Eau de Campagne.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Don't have Cabochard so will join you with YSL RGPH
    You don't have any Cabochard?? We have to fix that. Although I don't have a clear idea of your reactions to all leathers.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Yesterday:

Today:

Moschino Pour Homme and throwing on some Herb Alpert to compliment the packaging.

Nice! I hardly ever see this get mentioned. Funny enough, I recently reacquainted myself with it just a few days ago. Easily my favorite from Yope. I owned a bottle years ago (along with Jump, Go, and Nightflight) but What About Adam got purged along with a few dozen other bottles in ~2011 or so. What About Adam was one from the bunch that I've always regretted getting rid of and I finally picked up a few minis last week.

It's one of Calice Becker's first outings and, while still plenty potent, is quite different that most other fragrances from the house, in both volume and finesse. To me, it's primarily an almost aggressively fresh, tomato leaf-driven, green masculine - in a good way. Some parts of it seem at home in 1997 (the fresh 'masculine cologne' bits), others seem ahead of their time (the tomato leaf, the overall construction). A good deal of complexity but totally easy to wear. The tomato leaf/minty/grassy accord pairs really well with the citrus in the top, and with the fresh woody/mossy base.

Totally fun and easy to wear, Becker does pretty masterful things in the way of taming potentially harsh attributes...and of course, starting to climb in price now that it's disco'd. Will occasionally pop up at sub-$50 for 75ml though. I think it's my favorite tomato leaf rendition in perfumery, beating out Eau de Campagne.
    Calice Becker actually composed Avon HisStory (2003), and it's super green leathery fresh.. weird but good. Plentiful and cheap in aftermarkets
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Timeless by Avon

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Calice Becker actually composed Avon HisStory (2003), and it's super green leathery fresh.. weird but good. Plentiful and cheap in aftermarkets
    That sounds fun, fresh green-leathery. She has a way with doing weird/quirky themes without making them unwearable. A talented perfumer to be sure.

Something tells me there has gotta be a HerStory pairing to that one, right? A quick Google turned up nothing, just a 2014 Our Story for Her (and for Him). If there's not a HerStory I'll be sad - take that kitschy naming all the way, Avon!

Yesterday:

Today:

Sandalo - Etro
    (Eau de Cologne)

Forgot+added ^^^ Etro Sandalo, worn as my SOTD. Lovely on a cool sunny fall day. Lovely on any day really.

Yesterday:

Today:

Thank you for that response. I agree with you. I also pick up a vanilla-like accord in the drydown. The fragrance has surprising complexity and depth, yet maintains an ease of wear. I like it enough to put in my collection but not at $100-125 /4.2oz. It's hard for me to come to terms with what FleeceBay is asking. I'd maybe swap something of that value. Idk. Good fragrance and easy to wear, like a LOT, but it also doesn't dethrone other ones or greats which is why I wouldn't pay the current asking rate. It's just not important enough IMO.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20181108_141418_332.jpg
    Last night was
    Avon Topaze (1959)
    Launch-vintage pressurized atomizer. Wicked strong. Has top notes. Blessed be.

IMG_20181108_141425_386.jpg
    IMG_20181108_141427_845.jpg
    Today is:
    Avon Charisma (1970)
    MKII bottle (mid-70's). MKI bottles have a gold plastic ornament on cap (easily broken). MKII bottles have cursive "C" on cap instead.
    A soapier, cleaner Jicky without the cinnamon. Civeted savon with styrax, amber, and a touch of tonka. Beautiful.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Basala by Shiseido

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Vintage Caron

I'll let you guess, as my upload of pics don't work no more.

Attachment 91021
    Oh, wow!!! Do you know how this one stacks up against the parfum?
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Parfumeur Les Lilas de Trianon
    Overcome by Fumes

Guerlain Derby

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Oh, wow!!! Do you know how this one stacks up against the parfum?
    With Vintage Extrait (a small sample I had) it held closer to the skin and developed slower. I could feel whispers of it's magic 6-7 hours. This EDC lotion, I have, develops quicker and I can slather on if I want. I recognize the Castoreum sooner. The Carnation pops out, closer to, however finer, than the EDT and Parfum of Contemporary. Overall It's pretty much done after 2 hours.
    I have a sample of Vintage 80's EDT that starts almost Adelehydic. Not quite as complex as the older stuff.
    The real treat for me, is a sample of the Vintage EDC, which opens quicker than the Extrait, however maintains the Leather whip undercurrent for about 4-5 hours. mixerscent, Scentastic have samples of this batch.
    Putting my nose to all, however, has me recognize just how nice Cuir Cannage is. It's Lipsticky cosmetic may be difficult for some men, however it really is stuff to have these days.
    Like you, I'd be willing to bruise my credit rating for the pristine un-breached, Deep Vintage, Parfum.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Giorgio for Men - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20181108_141422_908.jpg
    Persian Wood by Avon (1956)
    Original pressurized atomizer

Freed from BN Institution

Chanel Egoiste
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...d-Fridays-2018

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Today I am trying Gucci Nobile. Why do they discontinue such great scents!!!! I guess the must make room for others
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

The original Calvin by Calvin Klein.

I picked up a couple of minis of this elusive, magical, 80’s masterpiece... I’d put it in the top 3 for 80’s era of male perfumery.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Basenotes Plus

Pour un Homme de Caron at the moment.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    The original Calvin by Calvin Klein.

I picked up a couple of minis of this elusive, magical, 80’s masterpiece... I’d put it in the top 3 for 80’s era of male perfumery.
    Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bogart One Man Show

Full bottle should be delivered today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

splash or spray me

Today it's GFFM from a 2nd gen Diana di Silva bottling.

/Acey
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AceyMan; 9th November 2018 at 06:42 PM. Reason: photo added

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    IMG_20181108_141422_908.jpg
    Persian Wood by Avon (1956)
    Original pressurized atomizer
    I used to love this one!
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Pour un Homme de Caron at the moment.
    Syncing with ILikePeeps today!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

Default Your vintage SOTD

SOTE is Basile Uomo Forte from a sample generously donated by epapsiou (yes, a genuine depapsicant!).
    Thank you, sir!

I really like this one. It has a certain 'something'. Not a specific note, but something that creates a quite special and very nice touch to the aroma. Cannot put my finger on it yet. Almost a kinda semi-sweet mossy leathery accord.
    Longevity is impressive. It feels quite persistant.
    Must be explored further!

Sent from my foil-hat using Tapatalk
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Vintage Yatagan
    Beer? The kids' new gear?
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    SOTE is Basile Uomo Forte from a sample generously donated by epapsiou (yes, a genuine depapsicant!).
    Thank you, sir!

I really like this one. It has a certain 'something'. Not a specific note, but something that creates a quite special and very nice touch to the aroma. Cannot put my finger on it yet. Almost a kinda semi-sweet mossy leathery accord.

Yes, a good one! I was surprised by it. I was also a recepiant of a dePapsiciant from Ole Papsi Van Winkle. Extremely generous. I was expecting a green herbal machine and then very surprised that once the citrus sparkle left off the top that it became an aromatic fougere that has a soft spice running through it. Longevity was ALL day for me. Good fragrance.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Thank you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Yes, a good one! I was surprised by it. I was also a recepiant of a dePapsiciant from Ole Papsi Van Winkle. Extremely generous. I was expecting a green herbal machine and then very surprised that once the citrus sparkle left off the top that it became an aromatic fougere that has a soft spice running through it. Longevity was ALL day for me. Good fragrance.
    Glad you guys liked it. It was dmitrios who told us about it in "Vintages I bought thread".
    I got it from Beautyencounter.

I find it has the similar base as Tiffany for Men/Bugatti. Not as good but similar.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Capucci Pour Homme as my SOTD.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    I used to love this one!
    It proved to be a very good "to bed" scent for me.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Glad you guys liked it. It was dmitrios who told us about it in "Vintages I bought thread".
    I got it from Beautyencounter.

I find it has the similar base as Tiffany for Men/Bugatti. Not as good but similar.
    Tiffany has that powder though. Even though I'm not a powder fan, I can handle the Tiffany and appreciate how very good it is. I've always been curious about the Bugatti. I know at least 2 people here love it. I've just never had the nerve to buy it blind.

Page 313 of 316 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 ... LastLast