Code of Conduct
Page 414 of 436 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,420 of 13075
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

...Reminds me that The Rottweiler, a mystery novel by Ruth Rendell, actually features perfume prominently.

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice MM. Is it a new buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Very nice MM. Is it a new buy?
    Thank you Ciprian. No it isn't a new buy. I bought it a couple of years ago but don't wear it oft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Attachment 100771

This potato right here is the chewer of said Kong toys.
    Hahaaaa...you just can't help but smile from ear to ear when lookin' at that pooch
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Hahaaaa...you just can't help but smile from ear to ear when lookin' at that pooch
    He doesn't appreciate me smelling good though.
    oh look, I have a signature

Dali Pour Homme. Not bothering with a picture as it will come out sideways again!
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

Basenotes Plus

Went with Polo Crest today.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    He doesn't appreciate me smelling good though.
    Dang...

SOTD is this new acquisition. Never been opened. The cap, nozzle and every single groove was bone-dry and squeeky-clean... O M G this smells good! This is hands down one of the best frags I have ever smelled.. Damn it's good! And it doesn't hurt that the opening smells like '84 Lacoste.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    SOTD is this new acquisition. Never been opened. The cap, nozzle and every single groove was bone-dry and squeeky-clean... O M G this smells good! This is hands down one of the best frags I have ever smelled.. Damn it's good! And it doesn't hurt that the opening smells like '84 Lacoste.
    Yessssss. Very good. Wish you lived closer so I could easily let you smell the first edition. Just for the experience. It’s a little different. I’m not going to put it in your head that one is better than the other. I’ll say that they’re both really good. And you may enjoy the version you have the best anyways. Enjoy that goodie!

Vintage Mitsouko edt for the second day. Will be adding a second bottle soon, along with a mini VDN parfum extrait.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Royal Scottish Lavender by Creed

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Yessssss. Very good. Wish you lived closer so I could easily let you smell the first edition. Just for the experience. It’s a little different. I’m not going to put it in your head that one is better than the other. I’ll say that they’re both really good. And you may enjoy the version you have the best anyways. Enjoy that goodie!
    What a nice offer, Diddy, thank you! Don't really know the age of my bottle. I re-applied earlier and found that especially the opening is in fact much closer to Armani Eau Pour Homme, than it is Lacoste. Other than that, it is it's own elegant master. Beautiful.

Basenotes Plus

Just received, and I've fallen helplessly in love:

Eau de Patou (1976)
    EauDePatou_125mlSplash_04.16.19_.jpg

I've been trying to figure out if this is the "Pour Homme" version, as opposed to the tapered-cone bottle of the "Pour Femme". Information is kinda scarce, and sketchy. There's also a cylindrical bottle with a square cap that is a likely Homme version too, and I see that RoRo owns it:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/231618-Eau-de-Patou-pour-Homme-smells-like?p=3849356&viewfull=1#post3849356

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post

Eau de Patou (1976)

I've been trying to figure out if this is the "Pour Homme" version, as opposed to the tapered-cone bottle of the "Pour Femme". Information is kinda scarce, and sketchy. There's also a cylindrical bottle with a square cap that is a likely Homme version too, and I see that RoRo owns it:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/231618-Eau-de-Patou-pour-Homme-smells-like?p=3849356&viewfull=1#post3849356

Stop tempting me!!!!!

Eau de Patou (1976)

I have the one cone/tapered bottle, whatever it is, and smells it perfectly unisex to me, extremely citric, green, and bright, cut like a diamond. It retains that personality for a long time before moving into (still bright) white floral/soapy/powdery/mossy territory. Is that what yours smells like?

Some of the comments indicate the "masculine" one (again, if it exists) has spicy elements, perhaps like Equipage. Mine is not like that.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I assume you've revewied this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/231...me-smells-like
    ...still sketchy information, 50/50 on whether it's the same scent as the "feminine" one, if there is indeed a feminine one and it's not just a different bottle.
    Yeah, that's where I found RoRo's bottle. Plus I scanned every blog review I could find about it. It's odd, nobody seems to really know if there's a true Homme or Femme version. And Patou didn't help, not marking the bottles one way or the other. I'm inclined to think the tapered cone bottles were marketed to women, (though I haven't smelled them) and the cylindrical ones to men. But that's purely a guess. Opinions vary on whether there's any real difference in smell, too.

Parfumo has a great array of photos of the different bottles -- but no consensus there on which is which, either:
    https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Jea...u/Eau_de_Patou

I have the one cone/tapered bottle, whatever it is, and smells it perfectly unisex to me, extremely citric, green, and bright, cut like a diamond. It retains that personality for a long time before moving into (still bright) white floral/soapy/powdery/mossy territory. Is that what yours smells like?
    Yes, for the opening, which is very much like Eau d'Hermes's opening. And I wouldn't say soapy or powdery for the middle; at that point I get a definite civet vibe, warm and human skin-like (but not sweaty). And there's oakmoss throughout the entire run, but soft and not bitter.

Some of the comments indicate the "masculine" one (again, if it exists) has spicy elements, perhaps like Equipage. Mine is not like that.
    Defnitely no on the spices. And I've only smelled Equipage once, but I don't see get that association either.

Yeah, that's where I found RoRo's bottle. Plus I scanned every blog review I could find about it. It's odd, nobody seems to really know if there's a true Homme or Femme version. And Patou didn't help, not marking the bottles one way or the other. I'm inclined to think the tapered cone bottles were marketed to women, (though I haven't smelled them) and the cylindrical ones to men. But that's purely a guess. Opinions vary on whether there's any real difference in smell, too.

Parfumo has a great array of photos of the different bottles -- but no consensus there on which is which, either:
    https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Jea...u/Eau_de_Patou

Yes, for the opening, which is very much like Eau d'Hermes's opening. And I wouldn't say soapy or powdery for the middle; at that point I get a definite civet vibe, warm and human skin-like (but not sweaty). And there's oakmoss throughout the entire run, but soft and not bitter.

Defnitely no on the spices. And I've only smelled Equipage once, but I don't see get that association either.
    Oops, I saw you had linked to that thread right after I posted. Derp.

Interesting about the Eau d'Hermes connection. I definitely did not get that association with my bottle. It does not have the same warmth, no cumin, not powdery in the leathery/skinscent way of Eau d'Hermes...more of a soapy-fresh powdery, and the civet is of the higher pitched tone type. Yes on the soft oakmoss. So maybe they are different! Or maybe we're just picking up different things. More investigation/side by side sniffing needed.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I would have sent you some! Then you could have discovered it sooner.

Since that thread, I've come to accept that the stuff in my cylindrical bottle is the Pour Femme. The smell is different enough from the tapered bottle edition -- and to my mind, more unisex -- that I got it into my head that it must be the Pour Homme. The tapered bottle is the one I acquired first. But make no mistake, they smell pretty similar overall. No doubt the Pour Homme is clearly a different animal. I never did get a chance to smell it.

I regret commenting as I did on Eau de Patou in those old threads (I think there were two). It just muddied the waters.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Since that thread, I've come to accept that the stuff in my cylindrical bottle is the Pour Femme.
    The smell is different enough from the tapered bottle edition -- and to my mind, more unisex -- that I got it into my head that it must be the Pour Homme.
    What made you change your mind?

And what would account for the (slight) difference in their smells? Variations in formulae between bottle changes?

No doubt the Pour Homme is clearly a different animal. I never did get a chance to smell it.
    If it even existed. And if it did, why in the world would Patou not differentiate them by marking the bottles and boxes? None of this makes any sense to me.

I regret commenting as I did on Eau de Patou in those old threads (I think there were two). It just muddied the waters.
    Ha -- it could hardly have gotten worse than it already was. Nobody seems to know anything.

Basenotes Plus

Eau de Lanvin For Men

SOTM

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20181205_225447_868.jpg

Avon Black Suede (1980)

Basenotes Plus

Today is Masculin 2 by Bourjois.

Thanks for pointing me to this fragrance, allaboutwatches!

SOTA

Basenotes Plus

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20180927_145753_477.jpg

Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme (1999)

Page 414 of 436 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 ... LastLast