Code of Conduct
Page 426 of 470 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,780 of 14076
  1. #12751
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Your vintage SOTD

    Sota Aramis Super Eau de Cologne/Super Cologne ('77)
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

  2. #12752
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Polo (Cosmair). I'm happy with it, happy to have something this good in my collection. It's soft and agreeable today. No sharpness that I get from some wearings.
    You certainly smell great today, sir!
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

  3. #12753
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,393

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    You certainly smell great today, sir!
    Thanks for the shout out, Martin. Your Aramis Super edc looks rad.

  4. #12754

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD




    Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

  5. #12755
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Thanks for the shout out, Martin. Your Aramis Super edc looks rad.
    My absolute pleasure, Bavard. Yeah, it's a beauty. A 60ml atomizer. It's basically a beefed-up version of the regular with maybe a tad more pronounciation of the florals and feels a bit more rounded. Nice and musky, with lots of oomph still
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

  6. #12756

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Mitsouko extrait - 80s Vintage

  7. #12757
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    A fish burrito from Wahoo's Fish Taco. A SoCal original and my go-to lunch place.

    /Acey
    So a Paco Taco de Mayo!
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  8. #12758
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,649

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    SOTE: Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #12759

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Or Masculin EdT by Bourjois

  10. #12760
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,387
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    IMG_20190506_144910_506.jpg

    Aramis by Estée Lauder (1965)
    oh look, I have a signature

  11. #12761
    Basenotes Junkie
    RoRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    929
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Eau Sauvage



    60g / 60ml atomizer. I'm sure the spray will stop working long before I use up the juice, but it sure is good while it lasts.

  12. #12762
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    20,043

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    SOTE

    Basile Uomo Forte
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

    Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

  13. #12763
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    37,286

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Chanel Egoiste
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  14. #12764
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    37,286

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Eau Sauvage



    60g / 60ml atomizer. I'm sure the spray will stop working long before I use up the juice, but it sure is good while it lasts.
    Was this one of the original releases?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  15. #12765
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    37,286

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by cuneytakcetin View Post



    Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi
    Very nice bottle of Pour Monsieur.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  16. #12766

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Very nice bottle of Pour Monsieur.
    Yes its very nice and citrus qualty great.


    Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

  17. #12767
    Basenotes Junkie
    RoRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    929
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Was this one of the original releases?
    I doubt it's that old. It didn't come with a box, and there's no batch code, so I'm just going by the label on the bottle.

    The "60g" on the label suggests that it's pretty old, but I'm not sure when Christian Dior stopped using that unit of measurement. Maybe early '80s? When I see a "g" on fragrance packaging, I typically think "pre-1980s". Dior may have stuck with it a little longer.

    Do you happen to know if Eau Sauvage was even available as a spray in the early years?

  18. #12768

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Eau Sauvage



    60g / 60ml atomizer. I'm sure the spray will stop working long before I use up the juice, but it sure is good while it lasts.
    Why do you think of that? Having issues with your sprayer?
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

  19. #12769
    Basenotes Junkie
    RoRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    929
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    Why do you think of that? Having issues with your sprayer?
    It's a pressurized bottle, and the liquid comes out in a weak stream. Sure does smell fine, though.

    Could be pressure loss, or the nozzle could be partially blocked. Either way, I figure the problem will only get worse.



  20. #12770
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,125

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    It's a pressurized bottle, and the liquid comes out in a weak stream. Sure does smell fine, though.

    Could be pressure loss, or the nozzle could be partially blocked. Either way, I figure the problem will only get worse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    Why do you think of that? Having issues with your sprayer?
    Atomiseurs are notorious for problems. Everyone who is into vintages has faced problem with atomiseurs .
    They eventually stop working and either not spray or spray everything out. Many here have lost precious juice. But there is a silver lining. Atomiseurs preserve the fragrance much better than splash/natural spray. I guess the pressure does not let oxygen and humidity come in the bottle.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  21. #12771
    Basenotes Junkie
    RoRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    929
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Atomiseurs are notorious for problems. Everyone who is into vintages has faced problem with atomiseurs .
    They eventually stop working and either not spray or spray everything out. Many here have lost precious juice. But there is a silver lining. Atomiseurs preserve the fragrance much better than splash/natural spray. I guess the pressure does not let oxygen and humidity come in the bottle.
    Yep. I'm generally willing to risk buying an atomiseur for just the reason you mentioned. I've had several bottles of Givenchy Gentleman (splash and spray), and while they've all smelled pretty great, the one atomiseur I have is a cut above.

    The atomiseurs I've had problems with have stopped spraying. I seem to remember you had the opposite problem with something. PRPH?


    I went with GG for my SOTE. I'd hate to have a runaway spray incident with this one.


  22. #12772
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,125

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Yep. I'm generally willing to risk buying an atomiseur for just the reason you mentioned. I've had several bottles of Givenchy Gentleman (splash and spray), and while they've all smelled pretty great, the one atomiseur I have is a cut above.

    The atomiseurs I've had problems with have stopped spraying. I seem to remember you had the opposite problem with something. PRPH?


    I went with GG for my SOTE. I'd hate to have a runaway spray incident with this one.

    My problem was it would spray too much and everywhere. There must be a leak in the spray head.
    So I wanted to decant it out. But decanting a pressurized bottle is a project. Took me a while to figure it out. Turn the bottle upside down such that the stem is not in the juice and then spray. That will remove the gas in the bottle (including the one dissolved in juice) and you will be left with extrait.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  23. #12773
    Dependent allkindsofwatches1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    D&G Masculine

    I know ya'll know it but this is a great summer fragrance. So fresh and so clean!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  24. #12774
    Basenotes Plus

    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    26,122

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD


  25. #12775
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    But decanting a pressurized bottle is a project. Took me a while to figure it out. Turn the bottle upside down such that the stem is not in the juice and then spray. That will remove the gas in the bottle (including the one dissolved in juice) and you will be left with extrait.
    Does this not affect the ability of the nozzle to release spray? I always assumed the nozzle on these was specialized, and would only operate if there was gas in the bottle.

  26. #12776
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,125

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Does this not affect the ability of the nozzle to release spray? I always assumed the nozzle on these was specialized, and would only operate if there was gas in the bottle.
    Ah I did not try using the same nozzle. I decanted it into a smaller bottle.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  27. #12777
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Ah I did not try using the same nozzle. I decanted it into a smaller bottle.
    How did you decant it without using the nozzle to spray it out?

  28. #12778
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,125

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    How did you decant it without using the nozzle to spray it out?
    Pliers to uncrimp bottle.
    Slowly in case it is still pressurized.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  29. #12779

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Must de Cartier Pour Homme

    Needed something soft, creamy, easy and relaxing today. This fits the bill!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Jaďpur Homme by Boucheron

  30. #12780
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Shower up, powder up, lather up...GO!
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!




Page 426 of 470 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th January 2016, 06:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000