Code of Conduct
Page 436 of 469 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,080 of 14070
    The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Amen to that. I've got a whole list of stuff I don't even WANT to try for that very reason.

FTFY.
    If only Avon had kept novelty decanters into the 21st century we might have gotten iPhones and Androids filled with Wild Country and Timeless.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Skin Bracer by Mennen

Basenotes Plus

Massive heat wave settling in here Friday for a week of +100F/38C temps, so tonight I'll have one last fling with

Halston Z-14

and make out with myself.

I'm actually confused about the age of my older 4oz bottle. The bottom label says "Halston Fragrances Inc. Distr NY NY 10019". According to Cleo, it could be an original 1974-1981 (but I doubt that because it smells too fresh), or it could be a 1991-1996 (but the zip code is wrong for that).

https://cleopatrasboudoir.blogspot.c...1/halston.html

Whatever. It smells smoother and oakier than my Jeff Gordon era 8oz bottle. And they're both good.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I'm actually confused about the age of my older 4oz bottle. The bottom label says "Halston Fragrances Inc. Distr NY NY 10019". According to Cleo, it could be an original 1974-1981 (but I doubt that because it smells too fresh), or it could be a 1991-1996 (but the zip code is wrong for that).

Whatever. It smells smoother and oakier than my Jeff Gordon era 8oz bottle. And they're both good.
    You mean with more moss? Or oak? Or smoke?

Massive heat wave settling in here Friday for a week of +100F/38C temps
    Oh god, I'm dreading summer already.

so tonight I'll have one last fling with

Halston Z-14

Interesting.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    You mean with more moss? Or oak? Or smoke?
    Moss. Sorry, I was drinking some chardonnay and got my liquids confused.

Oh god, I'm dreading summer already.
    Oh hush. It doesn't even get really hot in Toronto! Here, it's just 5 months of steambath.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Trophée Lancôme (1982)

This is the 20th anniversary edition, produced in '02. Smells the same as an early-'90s mini that I have.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    You have to already know what it smells like beforehand for that. I'm grateful that a lot of what's hyped in the discontinued realm is so far beyond my means in price already that I'll never know what I'm missing! Neat minimalist bottle though.
    I should’ve said it this way: “Considering you (allkindsofwatches) are known for purchasing everything for under $100, you’re bound to make some Gucci Rush lovers jealous.”

Massive heat wave settling in here Friday for a week of +100F/38C temps, so tonight I'll have one last fling with

Halston Z-14

There’s so much goodness in this post CB! Thank you. But I’ll focus on Z-14 and ask if you’ve wore it in the heat. Have you wore in in the heat? If not, try it on the worst of the worst days. Especially if there’s a day that you’ve been doing a lot of sweating, and have to hit that mid-afternoon shower. Try it right after that shower. It may even ignite another fling.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Plus

SOTM is Polo Crest.

I took off from work today to make my children’s honor roll ceremonies. So I’ll likely be wearing a few different things today.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I should’ve said it this way: “Considering you (allkindsofwatches) are known for purchasing everything for under $100, you’re bound to make some Gucci Rush lovers jealous.”

There’s so much goodness in this post CB! Thank you. But I’ll focus on Z-14 and ask if you’ve wore it in the heat. Have you wore in in the heat? If not, try it on the worst of the worst days. Especially if there’s a day that you’ve been doing a lot of sweating, and have to hit that mid-afternoon shower. Try it right after that shower. It may even ignite another fling.
    Does wearing it while IN heat count as well?
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Fabergé McGregor Cologne ('83), layered with Axe Denim a/s ('04). They are VERY similar to each other.. Yummy!
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Basenotes Plus

I’ll focus on Z-14 and ask if you’ve wore it in the heat. Have you wore in in the heat? If not, try it on the worst of the worst days. Especially if there’s a day that you’ve been doing a lot of sweating, and have to hit that mid-afternoon shower. Try it right after that shower. It may even ignite another fling.
    I have not been brave enough to try that. But considering that all my work days involve a lot of sweating, I'll try to screw up my courage and give your theory a go. I usually just use it as a bed pillow spray, 'cause it really is a bit too butch for a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Ha! It'll probably be much longer before I get a chance to test THAT out. I'll let Diddy answer.

You have to already know what it smells like beforehand for that. I'm grateful that a lot of what's hyped in the discontinued realm is so far beyond my means in price already that I'll never know what I'm missing! Neat minimalist bottle though.
    Truth be told...if I had not been able to score this bottle for $70...I wouldn't have. I also have a back up in the original package that I scored for under $100. I'm ok with that. There are some I will never own. I scored my Gucci Envy bottles at decent prices too. I got really lucky!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The price was so good...comparatively, that both Gucci Rush and Envy were blind boys. I love them both.

Always be smelling

Since that is Diddy's perpetual state I am guessing not.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

I've busted $100 once on a bottle of Lancome Balafre. Now I have come really close a few times. Even my Creed fragrances I got from a friend and he knows I'm not paying over $100. I'm not a huge fan of Creed fragrances anyway.

Anyway.....my SOTD is my Proraso Green aftershave.

I'm choosing my fragrances wisely because I'm in a classroom setting until early August. It's killing me! Although, there are some fragrances I can wear that may not be offensive.

Basenotes Plus

Yep. You get bonus points for doing that.

Freed from BN Institution

Guerlain Sous Le Vent
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Freed from BN Institution

Chanel Antaeus
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

I have not been brave enough to try that. But considering that all my work days involve a lot of sweating, I'll try to screw up my courage and give your theory a go. I usually just use it as a bed pillow spray, 'cause it really is a bit too butch for a female.

Ha! It'll probably be much longer before I get a chance to test THAT out. I'll let Diddy answer.
    CB, you make a good point. If it feels a bit intimidating for you in general, you may not be ready for the glorious blooming cloud it gives off in the heat.

Wearing it in the heat is absolutely bonus points. Actually, I prefer Z-14 summertime wearing when the humidity is off the charts as opposed to being dry(er). The strongest complimentary reaction I’ve gotten from anyone was a day in August long ago when I’d been outside working like a dog. I was only wearing unscented deodorant that day and needed to run and pickup some hydration drinks for my workers. I’d remembered I had a small decant of vintage Z-14 in my office and applied it prior to leaving the plant. About 20 or so minutes later I was at a store to pick up the drinks and a lady stopped me as I was walking into the store to ask me what I was wearing. She commented that I smelled amazing. I told her what it was and she was a bit surprised. Actually I was quite surprised, as my mind wasn’t on the fragrance and I had only sprayed it on to cover over any potential funk. Maybe it was some amazing reaction between my natural smell and the fragrance, maybe the lady has a defective nose, or perhaps is just one of those people that enjoy the smell of a working man mixed with some vintage goodness. I’ve also been complimented when I’ve sprayed it on while doing backyard stuff BBQs. Maybe it just mixes well with human sweat. I really don’t know. But it’s happened enough times for me to think there’s something to it. Point - anyone who enjoys wearing Z-14 should give it a try on the sunniest, hottest and most humid of days. Might be pleasantly surprised.

Geez that was long-winded. Sorry.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Truth be told...if I had not been able to score this bottle for $70...I wouldn't have. I also have a back up in the original package that I scored for under $100. I'm ok with that. There are some I will never own. I scored my Gucci Envy bottles at decent prices too. I got really lucky!

You are my hunnid dolla hero!!!

Basenotes Plus

Maybe it just mixes well with human sweat. I really don’t know.
    Bingo.

I take a decant of it (and of Eau d'Hermes) with me when I go visit The Boyfriend. I don't leave the bottles there because I don't want anyone else smelling it on him.

Basenotes Plus

Bingo.

I take a decant of it (and of Eau d'Hermes) with me when I go visit The Boyfriend. I don't leave the bottles there because I don't want anyone else smelling it on him.

Are you related to my wife? We just went to an honor ceremony for my youngest. Before leaving the house, I was about to apply DGPH and she said nope. Then I was reaching for Nobile and again got a no. So I figured I’d go easy and shaved with AoS Bergamot & Neroli, using the cream, aftershave and cologne (which is pleasant but super light - read: not how we normally roll in Vintage Land). As soon as I got in the vehicle, she said - you smell nice. And that was the end of it. Or so I thought. At the ceremony she wouldn’t let me go anywhere without here. Even when I had to pick up some paperwork from the office prior to leaving. My mom, who was kind enough to join us, whispered to me that she thinks there may be a little jealousy happening because my wife saw 1 lady looking at me while I was talking to the AP. Huh? I never causght but I’m figuring you ladies have a sense of things better than us lumps and can tell a look from a “look”. My wife never said anything to let me know that there was anything like that going on. But she sure didn’t leave me by myself, and my mom picked up on something. When we left, my wife said - why’d you have to smell so nice? I just responded - thank you. Didn’t know anyone could smell that light fragrance. Cute? Prob not.

Basenotes Plus

I never caught it but I’m figuring you ladies have a sense of things better than us lumps and can tell a look from a “look”.
    Oh, we can tell a "look". Trust me.

Haha! Switched to Sung Homme. I just got a bottle for 8 bucks and I'm wearing it. I can't walk around naked all day . Temp is in the low 80s and there's a slight breeze here today. The humidity is low too so this is working just fine.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

The price was so good...comparatively, that both Gucci Rush and Envy were blind boys. I love them both.

My absolutely insane deals were as follows:

Calvin by Calvin Klein $10
    Vintage 90's Kouros $7
    GALLONS OF AVON at $1 a bottle (for 4oz-6oz bottles unopened in boxes)
    Chaps Ralph Lauren $5
    70's Pierre Cardin $10

And while not cheap, I found a mall perfume store with a lot of DC'd stuff way under the eBay. Stuff like HoHang at designer prices (still cracking $100 in other words but not insane). Sadly no Guccicorns there, but a lot of the weird stuff Paps and Camel have turned me onto lives there if I ever need backups.

The rest of the time I've either had to pay at aftermarket value or just slightly under for most vintages, which is why stuff like old Guccis or Escadas will never come home with me! Also watch out for Cook.Bot's cumin. It's CUMIN to GETCHA

Vintage 90's Kouros $7
    Chaps Ralph Lauren $5
    70's Pierre Cardin $10

And while not cheap, I found a mall perfume store with a lot of DC'd stuff way under the eBay. Stuff like HoHang at designer prices (still cracking $100 in other words but not insane). Sadly no Guccicorns there, but a lot of the weird stuff Paps and Camel have turned me onto lives there if I ever need backups.

The rest of the time I've either had to pay at aftermarket value or just slightly under for most vintages, which is why stuff like old Guccis or Escadas will never come home with me! Also watch out for Cook.Bot's cumin. It's CUMIN to GETCHA
    Unfortunately I live in a part of the country where there are no good perfume shops. I did find a reasonable mall store in California that quite a few discontinued fragrances. I couldn't bring it all home on the plane though.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Vintage 90's Kouros $7
    Chaps Ralph Lauren $5
    70's Pierre Cardin $10

Those certainly are insane deals!

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cuneytakcetin View Post

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi
    I have this version of Moschino Pour Homme too and it's so awkward to use!

Page 436 of 469 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 ... LastLast