Code of Conduct
Page 470 of 497 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 468 469 470 471 472 480 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,100 of 14904

Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

Capucci PH

BURBERRYS For Men (1981)...

Again today. I've had this for maybe a year or so and I haven't worn it much. I'm really starting to appreciate it as a nice fragrance. It's worth the hype as far as being a classic 80s fragrance but not the crazy prices. I was so lucky to find this set at a great price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    SOTE: Basala by Shiseido

Very nice, I'm still looking for but can't find in my country

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Thanks, guys. Both helpful, though neither explained "why". I guess we owe the 'degrees' nomenclature to a French chemist named Gay-Lussac.

I did learn something interesting about alcohol by volume (proof) in beverages, though -- it's slightly different in the US and the UK: 2.0 versus 1.75.

Another way of specifying the amount of alcohol is alcohol proof, which in the United States is twice the alcohol-by-volume (ABV) number. This may lead to confusion over similar products bought in varying regions that have different names on country specific labels. For example, Stroh rum that is 80% ABV is advertised and labeled as Stroh 80 when sold in Europe, but is named Stroh 160 when sold in the United States.

In the United Kingdom proof is 1.75 times the number (expressed as a percentage). For example, 40% abv is 80 proof in the US and 70 proof in the UK. However, since 1980, alcohol proof in the UK has been replaced by ABV as a measure of alcohol content.
    I knew about the US proof (from watching "Moonshiners" on Discovery), but was unaware of the UK equivalent.
    Another day of learning something new. Thanks, CB!
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Today is Vétiver - Annick Goutal

I picked up a second bottle a few months ago that I believe is much older than my square one (as pictured in directory here). It is the ribbed cylindrical style with a hang tag. Paper sticker on bottom with EMB code and handwritten concration percantage and volume. Dark amber colored liquid versus the yellow in the square bottle. It smells even better too. Highly unique portrayal of vetiver, I can't believe it came out in the mid-80's. I should post some photos and see if anyone could help date it.

I have been seriously behind in posting VSOTDs. Mostly been wearing ^^^ this summer, vtg. Or Black and Azzaro pour Homme, with a smattering of Kouros Fraîcheur and Adidas/Eau de Marand. A friend recently sent me a decant of Teatro alla Scala (Krizia) which had been on the "to try" list for a long time. It is absolutely gorgeous. Will probably pounce on a 25ml spray at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Luciano Pavarotti - rarely have the reviews been so spot on for me. Massive but oddly dry honey, booze, rose, patchouli and oakmoss. Despite the large note list, it feels cohesive and tight. And it's one of those dual personal "warm/cool" scents. Warm honey and booze, cool patch, moss and florals. Smooth, powdery, inviting scent bubble. Soapier up close. It reminds me just a little of Paco Rabanne La Nuit, but softer, more friendly. Some Balenciage Ho Hang Club DNA too. Thanks again to Paps for a great discovery.
    Isn't it fantastic? Hell of a honeyed patchouli with seriously smooth blending. Makes me think of a slightly more updated Givenchy Gentleman but still with plenty of old-school character. It has been in and out of my cart on eBay multiple times but I am still living on a decant from either paps or PC.
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

Luciano Pavarotti is a bit dandyish for my tastes, but it's impeccably made, with a dazzlingly complex structure. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Luciano Pavarotti is a bit dandyish for my tastes, but it's impeccably made, with a dazzlingly complex structure. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
    I would concur with it being on the dandy end of things for sure. Dandy isn't a preferred genre that I'd like to have on myself all day, although Pavarotti is surely one I wouldn't complain about if it were my only option in the category. I think my reference dandy is Habit Rouge, which I think is structured beautifully, but I can't stand wearing it.
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    I would concur with it being on the dandy end of things for sure. Dandy isn't a preferred genre that I'd like to have on myself all day, although Pavarotti is surely one I wouldn't complain about if it were my only option in the category. I think my reference dandy is Habit Rouge, which I think is structured beautifully, but I can't stand wearing it.
    Oh, I can enjoy wearing LP. I derive no pleasure from HR.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Dependent

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Masculin 2
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Adidas/Eau de Marand.
    LOL nice one, thanks. Good to have you back, sir!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20180615_172417_301.jpg

Azzaro Pour Homme (1978)
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

Puig Quorum (testing from mini). It has been an absolute joy going through a batch of vintage mini's last week. Last of the batch is Quorum. Being someone that is not really into green fougeres I'm still waiting to sniff that one to win me over. Unfortunately Quorom isn't going to be it.

Default Your vintage SOTD

SOTD was CPM EdC. Still gorgeous.
    For bedtime will be 1 spray of non-IFRA-compliant oakmoss absolute dissolved in oakmoss fragrance-oil applied to t-shirt. Heavenly...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: O Pour Homme by Lancome

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    For bedtime will be 1 spray of non-IFRA-compliant oakmoss absolute dissolved in oakmoss fragrance-oil applied to t-shirt. Heavenly...
    If I catch you chopping oakmoss on a mirror and snorting it with a straw I'm calling an intervention.

Basenotes Plus

Have any of you ever seen a Caron PUH bottle like this? A friend of mine has it, and thinks it belonged to her grandfather.

It's a 15ml ampule. If it's really a 77% concentration, that would be unusually strong, wouldn't it? (I haven't smelled it or seen it in person yet.)

CaronAntiquePUH.jpg
    Before the leaves fall, an all-green September:
    Aromatics Elixir / Azuree / Corsica Furiosa / Cristalle / Eau du Sud / Eau Sauvage / Iskander / Ivoire, 1980 / Ivoire, 2012 / Le Canotier / Ninfeo Mio / No. 19 / Prince de Galles Sport / Route de Vetiver / Safari / Silences / Sud Est / Tiare / Vent Vert / Vetiver de Guerlain / Vetiverus / Vert de Acampora

Basenotes Plus

Have any of you ever seen a Caron PUH bottle like this? A friend of mine has it, and thinks it belonged to her grandfather.

It's a 15ml ampule. If it's really a 77% concentration, that would be unusually strong, wouldn't it? (I haven't smelled it or seen it in person yet.)

CaronAntiquePUH.jpg
    Ohhhhhhh. And it’s Les Plus Belle Lavandes. I’ll take it. Sold.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

CaronAntiquePUH.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Diddy's enthusiasm is adorable.

Although that's also basically me with Avon.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Sorry, not mine to purvey.

Do you know anything about it?
    Before the leaves fall, an all-green September:
    Aromatics Elixir / Azuree / Corsica Furiosa / Cristalle / Eau du Sud / Eau Sauvage / Iskander / Ivoire, 1980 / Ivoire, 2012 / Le Canotier / Ninfeo Mio / No. 19 / Prince de Galles Sport / Route de Vetiver / Safari / Silences / Sud Est / Tiare / Vent Vert / Vetiver de Guerlain / Vetiverus / Vert de Acampora

Default Your vintage SOTD

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    If I catch you chopping oakmoss on a mirror and snorting it with a straw I'm calling an intervention.
    Busteeeeeed...!! My innards burn like the dickens!

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    SOTD was CPM EdC. Still gorgeous.
    That sounds wonderful
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

CaronAntiquePUH.jpg
    When was this from? This would be the first time that I'm seeing this in this kind of bottle and concentration. Fascinating.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

original Gucci Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Boss Sport
    20190815_051723.jpg
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB

Dependent

Dior Homme EDT (2005)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Always be smelling

CaronAntiquePUH.jpg
    Back then, before they hoisted the sun up in the sky, real men injected fragrances.

or perhaps this is how the formula was shipped from France and diluted and bottled in US
    Last edited by epapsiou; 15th August 2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Back then, before they hoisted sun up in the sky, real men injected fragrances.

or perhaps this is how the formula was shipped from France and diluted and bottled in US
    Haha!!!!

Vintage Arrogance Uomo today.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa
    Currently wearing: Homme de Grès by Grès

Basenotes Plus

Page 470 of 497 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 468 469 470 471 472 480 ... LastLast