Code of Conduct

Cool No One Sampled Kilian's 'Moonlight In Heaven' Yet?

If someone left a review/opinion for this newest Kilian on Basenotes, I couldn't find it.
    Would anyone like to give their opinion?
    The notes listed make it sound like a 'fruity' composition.

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/42..._TheSpringEdit

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: No One Sampled Kilian's 'Moonlight In Heaven' Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Meow7 View Post
    If someone left a review/opinion for this newest Kilian on Basenotes, I couldn't find it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/418...ight-in-Heaven!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

thanks hednic.
    Those scant observations piqued my interest enough to sample!
    Not fond of overtly coconut-y scents and heaven knows I have plenty of scents in my collection to wear for summer already. Okay, okay there is always room for another if it fits my personality!
    Living in a hot tropical climate, it may be just the scent I would want to wear!

My sample is coming soon. However, I ran across one website that classified it as a strictly feminine fragrance, so I'm really not expecting to like it for myself.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 25th March 2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...r-TDC-Samples!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven & Prelude to Love, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Tiffany for Men by Tiffany

I also have a sample on its way. I have a feeling it will smell really nice, but probably too feminine leaning.
    Current Fall Favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Creed - Aventus
    5. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Armani Privč - Cedre Olympe
    7. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
    8. Ermenegildo Zegna - Javanese Patchouli
    9. AJ Arabia - I
    10. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back

Got my sample of this and, as expected, it's a very nice scent. It is much more fruity than I expected, especially in the opening. I'm afraid that fruitiness is a bit too much to be suitable for me, as I would say it definitely leans feminine.

For me, this doesn't reflect the lemon and grapefruit much in the opening notes. It's as if the mango from the middle notes takes over from the start, and after the first 10 minutes, it becomes pretty much a linear scent until the very late dry down. But it's an excellent linear scent!

As it dries down, the fruitiness (mango) remains, but lessens to a degree. I would say it almost lessens enough to become unisex, but for me, it just doesn't quite get there. I just don't think I would feel comfortable wearing this, and certainly not enough to buy the fragrance at its high cost of $285.00. The coconut and milky rice enrich the scent in the later middle stage and it becomes very friendly and appealing. It is blended well and I can't pick up on any clear coconut/rice smell, but it's definitely there because it becomes a rather creamy, barely sweet fruity smell as the later dry down continues. At the very end, the excellent tonka and vetiver become apparent and they are equally soft and very nice.

Like so many Kilian fragrances, the smell isn't overbearing, but works its magic by wafting through the air, softly but clearly, for a few hours. Projection is very good. Intermittently throughout the day, you can definitely smell MiH without trying and it's a very pleasing, soft scent that would not be offensive to anyone.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately?), MiH just never gets over the "leans feminine" hurdle enough for me. Some men might feel fine wearing it, but I don't think I would. However, I would LOVE to smell this on my wife or any other female (and I reserve the right to change my mind on it for me)!

I consider MiH most appropriate for warmer weather.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 26th March 2016 at 07:35 AM.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...r-TDC-Samples!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven & Prelude to Love, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Tiffany for Men by Tiffany

Luckyscent now has it on their site for pre-order.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for that review, RedRaider! Now I'm really looking forward to wearing and checking this one out!

I've been sampling this and I really enjoy it a lot. I don't think it leans that feminine after the top notes have toned down.
    I might get this but Killian's money's just not in the budget right now.
    Is MPG Bahiana very different ?
    Anything with a similar vibe?

Basenotes Plus

I received one directly from France They sent it to me unexpectedly several weeks ago. I tried it, and have not yet written my review. Need to look at my notes again, and maybe re-sniff.

It's at Saks now. Have to remember to stop by and check it out.

Looking forward to your thoughts and hopefully for my wallet some possible alternative

Basenotes Plus

It's really fruity/tropical - as someone who is not fond of fruity scents, I find it hard to be an objective reviewer. Sorry.