Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default NEW: L'Homme Ideal Eau de Parfum

I've just spotted, to my surprise, this long awaited flanker at the Helsinki airport.

I'm afraid that those who were waiting for an improved version of the original (more Guerlain-like, with more complexity and more emphasis on the amaretto and leather accords) will be extremely disappointed. Instead of that, it's even more mainstream than the original eau de toilette. A synthetic, cloying and bubblegummy vanilla-tonka mess. Some suede accords and only hints of the originality of the almond liquor accord.

Terribly disappointing, but fans of ultrasweet perfumes like "Ultra male" or "1 million" would enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beau Garçon; 28th March 2016 at 04:48 PM.

Default Re: NEW: L'Homme Ideal Eau de Parfum

That is a shame as I was looking forward to the EDP for the reasons you outlined above after the mediocre, aimed at the masses EDT.

Very sorry to hear this!

This is one persons opinion.. I will wait to make a conclusion before I've tried it. I like the edt version.

Thanks for the info- eager to test is as soon as it surfaces in local stores

Well why not? Have the EDT and the Cologne. No reason to not add this one. Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

That’s interesting. I didn’t like the original EDT at all, but I do like Ultra Male and 1 Million. Maybe I need to sample this new EDP.

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression from the earlier thread that neither vanilla or tonka were notes in this new EDP and that it was to be more akin to the cologne flanker.

Quote Originally Posted by broguesforsir View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was under the impression from the earlier thread that neither vanilla or tonka were notes in this new EDP and that it was to be more akin to the cologne flanker.
    To my nose, it's all about the vanilla-tonka combo. I've read the description from the other thread and I don't think it's the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    That’s interesting. I didn’t like the original EDT at all, but I do like Ultra Male and 1 Million. Maybe I need to sample this new EDP.
    Then, this EdP was made for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Garçon View Post
    To my nose, it's all about the vanilla-tonka combo. I've read the description from the other thread and I don't think it's the right one.
    Thanks for this. Yikes! Well, I'll give it a whirl in the near future but yes, it does sound disappointing!

I love the edt version, while I didn't care much for the Cologne. I wonder if I will like this one.. Is it very different from the edt?

I found this review on Fragrantica, from a guy wit name "angelmarc". According to this guy, it sounds promising!

Hi community, i have BIG NEWS; first of all, let me say that im from Mexico City but right now im on vacation on Veracruz, well long story short, i just visited the new Sephora in the mall and checking the male section in fragances notice a familiar bottle of L´Homme Ideal but the catching eyes new thing its that in stead of the black borderline that the usual bottle have (i know it very well because i have one) it was Brown! i know its a little stupid getting excited for that little thing but the saw the box and confirm its a new Flanker!!! it L´Homme Ideal EDP!!! I hurry to try it and let me say that its a mashup of L´Homme Ideal with Dior Homme Parfum (also I have it) maybe it contains a note of leather but the almond still there, the projection its even better than the original and the smell its more manly if its the issue you have with the original, I really like it and i still checking if i will get it or go for Savauge. Hope helps this new that i didnt know about it.

Edit. 03/28/2016
    I look for it here in Mexico City and also are in stores, i have the opportunity to try it on the skin and to be honest its better than the original a little heavy in the start but it go with the pass of the time i tried it yesterday in the afternoon like 7pm I take a shower and now 11:30am I still can smell it on my wrist, i take a photo of the box, its gray with an orange line.*
    Definitely I'm gonna buy a bottle.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 29th March 2016 at 09:07 PM.

Very interested in the EdP version. SotD was the cologne version, SotE is the original. Very pleased with both.

Visiting Las Vegas in May. I sense a binge at the Guerlain boutique coming on. Hope L'Homme Ideal EdP is in stock. That is, if I can resist buying it online before then.

I wasn't a fan of the original EdT, but I do own and love the Cologne.

If it's anything like 1 Million or Ultra Male, I'll steer clear - those were too sweet even for my like of gourmand notes in perfumery.
    Loyal Basenoter since 2004. And getting ready for the next big step in my longtime hobby: bringing niche to my neck of the woods... Xscentrik is coming soon.

Follow our progress on Basenotes and here: Facebook Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I found this review on Fragrantica, from a guy wit name "angelmarc". According to this guy, it sounds promising!
    Thanks for sharing that! I do love Dior Homme Parfum, so this new L'Homme Ideal EDP might be up my ally. It’s not like I hated the EDT, I just found it somewhat boring. With the new comments on the EDP, I might just blind buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    This is one persons opinion.. I will wait to make a conclusion before I've tried it. I like the edt version.
    100%

Love the EDT and from that description I'm really looking forward to it!
    Ohh to be a, GOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_glory View Post
    100%

Love the EDT and from that description I'm really looking forward to it!
    I love the edt too! Luxurious marzipan with creamy Amaretto. It's so smooth and delicious. Wasser did a great Job with this one.

Not sure how amped gourmand accords can smell MORE manly.

Ralph Schwieger was right on the mark in that interview on the front page...
    I can provide decants of anything I post about!

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    Not sure how amped gourmand accords can smell MORE manly.

Ralph Schwieger was right on the mark in that interview on the front page...
    I agree...

Disagree with the "article-part" by the way...

OP's review is quite accurate. In same vein as 1 million , but 1 million is much better blended IMO. Tested this in duty free and did not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    OP's review is quite accurate. In same vein as 1 million , but 1 million is much better blended IMO. Tested this in duty free and did not like it.
    Glad to hear that I can keep on bashing Guerlian and Wasser for a while...

So the man copies some recipes from the Guerlain book to create some "new" flankers...

Makes a common and generic citrus in Guerlain Homme... (which voice says it´s going to be discontinued soon)

Makes an intense flanker from that Guerlain...

Makes an acuatic from that Guerlain... (which is now discontinued)

Noticed that Terre d Hermes was liked, so creates-copies the Boiseé...

Now he noticed that tonka was "a thing" (most probably copying Chanel Eau Extreme instead of Bleu ) and "created" Homme Ideal...

Throws a citric cologne version in winter... and now an EDP in summer (as Darjeeling pointed out in another thread)...

And this new EDP seems to be a copy of One Million because One Million sells well... so now, Guerlain is copying Paco Rabanne... nice...

The whole thing sounds very suspicious... most probably is pulling off a "Stephen Elop - Nokia" thing...

Is this already available in Paris ?

I don't get the colour scheme at all.

Have you smelled Tonka Imperial? It's probably his best creation.

Quote Originally Posted by rulopbo View Post
    Glad to hear that I can keep on bashing Guerlian and Wasser for a while...

So the man copies some recipes from the Guerlain book to create some "new" flankers...

Makes a common and generic citrus in Guerlain Homme... (which voice says it´s going to be discontinued soon)

Makes an intense flanker from that Guerlain...

Makes an acuatic from that Guerlain... (which is now discontinued)

Noticed that Terre d Hermes was liked, so creates-copies the Boiseé...

Now he noticed that tonka was "a thing" (most probably copying Chanel Eau Extreme instead of Bleu ) and "created" Homme Ideal...

Throws a citric cologne version in winter... and now an EDP in summer (as Darjeeling pointed out in another thread)...

And this new EDP seems to be a copy of One Million because One Million sells well... so now, Guerlain is copying Paco Rabanne... nice...

The whole thing sounds very suspicious... most probably is pulling off a "Stephen Elop - Nokia" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    I don't get the colour scheme at all.
    The edt bottle looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieG View Post
    Have you smelled Tonka Imperial? It's probably his best creation.
    No... I have only smelled what's available at my stores...

Which did he copy with Tonka Imperiale?
    Last edited by rulopbo; 31st March 2016 at 06:50 PM.

Some new info. Seems like Wasser has got some help with this one! The notes sounds sooo good! I can't wait to try it.

http://www.monsieurguerlain.com/2016...ideal-edp.html

It's available online here. I don't have a clue what's written, because it's in French..

http://www.tendance-parfums.com/l-ho...de-parfum.html