Code of Conduct

Default Pour Lui Disapointment

Man im bummed.

I bought some minis from a guy. They date about 1984. Poured them in a bottle and they are beautiful. Amazing.

Bought a 120ml bottle, now it's Vintage because the new stuff only comes in a 90. But I think this dates maybe 1999.

So when I compared the colors it's 100% different. The juice from the minis is dark and rich, the juice from the bigger Vintage is like maybe not even half as dark.

I read this reformulation now was done in like 2005 or so, so this should be Vintage.

What am I missing. Please realize I'm nit very smart about Vintage and if this is funny, please be gentle. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Pour Lui Disapointment

Welcome to the wonderful world of "vintage hunting!"

Always be smelling

Unscrupulous seller.
    Juice gone bad
    Juice diluted (easy if splash)
    A reformulation you did not know about
    Etc.
    Currently wearing: Ja´pur Homme by Boucheron

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & B˙zios

I have a large bottle of the original launch but don't recall the color. Will check it when I am home.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

How does it smell? I know I have seen minis that have appeared to me darker--not sure why, for example if evaporation or light will change the color (I saw an older Knize 10 that was noticeably darker than another bottle with the same batch code...)

I would do a blind smell test and let my nose be the judge.

- How does it smell? If it smells ok, why bother? You only talk about the color difference? To me even my 2011 bottle smells very good! (I also own 80's vintage)
    - Between 1984 and 2005 there was for sure at least one more reformulation, probably even two!
    - if the 120ml is a splash, it can indeed be diluted
    - The newest also comes in a 50ml and not only in a 90ml (like also said in another thread)
    - If you do not like it, just resell it
    Last edited by Slayerized; 12th April 2016 at 12:38 AM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Chanel: Platinum Egoiste
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraţcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten

It's fake man. I just blasted 10 shots on a shirt and I literally cannot smell anything. Even the new stuff is strong. Lol I git burned. Filing a claim with EBay. Just looked and seller has 5 negative feedback in last 3 months for this same thing but all different fragrances. Live and learn. Wise man once told me not to buy splash as it is risky. Lol

Was it a splash bottle?

Yes

Got to avoid those unless you want to "spin the wheel."

Yeah... I filed the case with EBay. Should I file with PayPal too or wait for eBay? Seller has a bunch of same charge the lest few months.

Many vintage splash renditions are still good to go.......and that includes pour lui. The fact that someone is selling a splash bottles doesn't deter me if their feedback and track history is honorable.

My vintage pour lui is splash. The juice is light brown and smells as good as the year it was released.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & B˙zios

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    Filing a claim with EBay. Just looked and seller has 5 negative feedback in last 3 months for this same thing but all different fragrances. Live and learn.
    It's inconvenient, but you're going about it the right way. Hope it gets resolved for you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of "vintage hunting!"
    I agree. But there are risks that comes with it. I bought 2 80s beauties from eBay including Davidoff original and the juice was rancid/clearly gone off. On other hand scored some great winners. I am still determined to go after vintage juices despite the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by SexySmells View Post
    Many vintage splash renditions are still good to go.......and that includes pour lui. The fact that someone is selling a splash bottles doesn't deter me if their feedback and track history is honorable.

My vintage pour lui is splash. The juice is light brown and smells as good as the year it was released.
    My other too, brown. This stuff is a REALLY really pale LIGHT yellow. Maybe they emptied it and filled it with alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    My other too, brown. This stuff is a REALLY really pale LIGHT yellow. Maybe they emptied it and filled it with alcohol?

Probably it's a sign of aging. The smell what matters.