Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for a really good and inexpensive sweet and woody fragrance with excellent performance???

I've tested a cedarwood fragrance by Zara the other day, and instantly fell in love.. However, the fragrance was short lived on my skin and had little to no projection/sillage.

Can any of you recommend a pleasant, sweet and woody fragrance with good projection and sillage in the price range of $100 or less?? It'll be greatly appreciated 😊👍

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Looking for a really good and inexpensive sweet and woody fragrance with excellent performance??

Bath and Body Works Mahogany Woods and Thierry Mugler's Pure Wood come to mind.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Default Re: Looking for a really good and inexpensive sweet and woody fragrance with excellent performance??

Quote Originally Posted by CollectorCT View Post
    lol. I have this one. Thanks for commenting, CollectorCT!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

A real good woody cheapie - Samba Skin Man
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A real good woody cheapie - Samba Skin Man
    Thanks, Hednic. Can this be had/tested here in the city?

Perhaps also One Man Show Gold Edition

Lalique White may be what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Perhaps also One Man Show Gold Edition
    Thank you, Ken! I see that this could be had for $12 where I live. How's the performance on this? Also, is it something you would wear? If so, I would pick this one up today. 😊

I Love New York For Marriage Equality fits the bill. Got one for trade btw
    Last edited by calzim; 20th April 2016 at 04:31 PM.
    "Was the wood perceived as masculine, or was the hamster perceived as masculine?"
    -Renato

Swap

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Lalique White may be what you're looking for.
    I'll check this one out, sjg3839. Thanks, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by calzim View Post
    I Love New York For Marriage Equality fits the bill. Got one for sale btw
    Have to sniff this one out and get back to you. Thanks! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by troybklynny View Post
    Thank you, Ken! I see that this could be had for $12 where I live. How's the performance on this? Also, is it something you would wear? If so, I would pick this one up today. 

Thanks for asking, getting almost EDP performance on this, the longevity and projection are just stunning and even 3-4 sprays feel enough, 5-6 almost too lavish and strong even far a chronic, long term, habitual over-sprayer like myself.

If the budget is $100 (which is not that small), then I think it's hard to beat the classic Chanel Egoiste, warm, smooth, sandalwoody, lasts very well.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thanks for asking, getting almost EDP performance on this, the longevity and projection are just stunning and even 3-4 sprays feel enough, 5-6 almost too lavish and strong even far a chronic, long term, habitual over-sprayer like myself.
    😀👍

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    If the budget is $100 (which is not that small), then I think it's hard to beat the classic Chanel Egoiste, warm, smooth, sandalwoody, lasts very well.

cacio
    Heard many good things about this one, Cacio. Thanks!

The one edp

Diptyque Tam Dao Eau de Parfum

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

cacio
    I'll add it to my list. 😊

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CollectorCT View Post
    Just wrote a post on this stuff. If the cologne is anything like the body wash I love, then this is perfect.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Just wrote a post on this stuff. If the cologne is anything like the body wash I love, then this is perfect.
    I just commented on your post. The fragrance is really good with above average performance.

lol. I have this one. Thanks for commenting, CollectorCT!

How's the performance on pure wood?

don't deceive with belief

A few suggestions -

Chanel Egoiste
    Bentley for Men Intense
    Pure Malt
    Carven Homme
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Thanks, Hednic. Can this be had/tested here in the city?

Do you live in NYC? If so, you might find it in the Wholesale Fragrance District, but not sure. Don't recall seeing tha particular one there the last time I was in that neck of the woods.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Do you live in NYC? If so, you might find it in the Wholesale Fragrance District, but not sure. Don't recall seeing tha particular one there the last time I was in that neck of the woods.
    Yes, I do live in NYC. I'll definitely look around. Thanks again, hednic!

Basenotes Plus

Azzaro Visit.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Remy Latour Cigar Black Wood.

A sweet and woody scent all the way. It gets compared to Tom Ford Oud Wood, and while I think those comparisons are a little overblown, there is some similarities with Black Wood having a nice sweet note missing in Oud Wood. For its current price definitely worth looking into.

Not overly sweet, but a good one is Chopard Noble Cedar.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Creed - Royal Oud
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Baldessarini Baldessarini

Nothing is written!

Chanel Égoïste
    Coatume National Homme

Santal Noble
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten