Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aventus for Her

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Aventus for Her

Facebook post about Aventus for Her:

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Why is it that so many men can't wait to try this ? Are they about to spend £200 to wear a women's scent, or is it just so that they can find something else to post about here, simply because the name Aventus has been invoked as a marketing ploy?
    I think people can wear whatever they like, I've worn scents marketed to men, why is that a problem? None of us should judge what is right for someone else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I think people can wear whatever they like, I've worn scents marketed to men, why is that a problem? None of us should judge what is right for someone else.
    That wasn't my point. My point is that nobody here would have the slightest interest in this scent if it didn't share the name of a male fragrance . I don't think anyone who loves the masculine Rive Gauche would rush out to try the feminine one.

That wasn't my point. My point is that nobody here would have the slightest interest in this scent if it didn't share the name of a male fragrance . I don't think anyone who loves the masculine Rive Gauche would rush out to try the feminine one.
    Look at the nice, non-sarcastic reply to a mod.

Rive Gauche just isn't loved enough to warrant the hype then. Simple. I won't get into whether the hype is justified or not. One to each his own.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Why do you think you know what people would do? If you don't want to try Aventus for Women, don't try it, but there's no need to make fun of those who do.

Basenotes Plus

Some people are fans of a house which means they will try any fragrance from that house masculine or feminine. I've tried all the male and female creeds that are available to me. Same goes with bond no 9 I have tried their entire line. When I go smell fragrances I sniff out male and female fragrances from houses I know. Also like stated before some womens fragrances work great on men. Dolce and gabanna light blue for women is better than the mens version to most noses and men wear it. Same goes for several Amouage fragrances. Hell I know a lot of men basenoters and otherwise who wear shalimar and that is a womans fragrance.
    Follow me on Instagram @ Bay_Area_Cologne_King

From http://www.retailgazette.co.uk/
    "Creed Aventus Perfume
    Aventus for him has been the best-selling men's fragrance at John Lewis. Following the success Creed will be exclusively launching Aventus for her at John Lewis in June."
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Hmm strong indication that europe will get this soon (spring in the other thread and june here) while U.S. have to wait to November???

Creed UK have just confirmed that the UK release is 20th June as a John Lewis exclusive and it will be rolled out nationwide on the 4th July. Availability will be 30ml, 75ml, 250ml as mentioned earlier.

Whilst being more feminine in its structure and composition its alleged to be unmistakably Aventus and is supposed to tickle the same olfactory receptors that its masculine counterpart has been stomping on for the past six years.

Definitely looking forward to smelling this as I'm curious to see how they can create the familiarity whilst having so few notes in common.

This makes my christmas shopping a little easier

Quote Originally Posted by rgdeuce View Post
    This makes my christmas shopping a little easier
    This makes budgeting for my Christmas shopping a little harder lol

I love the Princess Oud so hopefully feminine Aventus will be a hit too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...
    Currently wearing: Holy Shit by Pekji

Why is it that so many men can't wait to try this ? Are they about to spend £200 to wear a women's scent, or is it just so that they can find something else to post about here, simply because the name Aventus has been invoked as a marketing ploy?
    do you have a problem with men wearing scents that lean feminine? please expound on this...
    Currently wearing: Accord Oud by Byredo

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Haha, nice signature.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Why "Aventus"? Why not just make a slight variant to the name? I'd have thought something like this:

Otherwise, it's a mouthful... have to keep qualifying Aventus for Him, Aventus for Her...

Should have been AVENTA.
    Last edited by cytherian; 11th May 2016 at 03:28 AM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Herrfrun View Post

And a picture from John Lewis in London (photo by kirstyinlondon)
    I personally think the bottle looks nice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Will be interested to hear reports and reviews. As I'd expect, the love and passion Aventus has generated in men on Basenotes is strong enough to make them interested in any flanker of Aventus, even if nominally marketed to women. I can see how a slightly more floral version of Aventus could be attractive, although I've never sampled any Creed marketed to women so I can't even begin to guess what direction this will take. I guess it all depends on how prominent the peach and ylang ylang, etc.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Why "Aventus"? Why not just make a slight variant to the name? I'd have thought something like this:

Otherwise, it's a mouthful... have to keep qualifying Aventus for Him, Aventus for Her...

Should have been AVENTA.
    That's a very smart idea.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

I am thinking about the "batch" game of this release

http://www.parfumneroli.hu/parfum/in...entus_for_her/

Anyone want to be the guinea pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael293 View Post
    I'm up for a split if any UK members are interested?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/414...=1#post3838655
    Last edited by Palmolive; 11th May 2016 at 09:49 AM.

This is really weird, I expected that bottle of Aventus for ladies would be much more feminine like other ladies fragrances.
    That will look something like this:

creed_aventus_femme.jpg

This is not real bottle, this is how I imagine Aventus for her. Speaking of "her" that is also weird, Creed fragrance have usually "Femme" on the box of fragrances so this detail are absent on bottle itself. Girl on horse is great detail for box, but with Aventus only and "femme" after the logo is what I expected. Bottle from other images looks like Creed Men (or unisex) bottles which is also suspicious, it is more logic that they choose dark feminine bottle like their other fragrances.

Basenotes Member

For anyone in London, FYI this is available to buy at the Creed store in Mount Street. It's not on display and it's not advertised but they have a tester at the counter and will sell it if you ask.

I bought it, I like it and I'm gonna wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSociopath View Post
    For anyone in London, FYI this is available to buy at the Creed store in Mount Street. It's not on display and it's not advertised but they have a tester at the counter and will sell it if you ask.

How is it? Any impressions you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    How is it? Any impressions you can share?
    I am soooo not good at picking notes or describing scents and I am sure others will provide a more accurate portrait, but what I smell is very reminiscent of Aventus with what I assume is a peach note replacing the pinapple vibe.

Not smoky at all (think the latest fruity batches of Aventus) but the same piercing and intoxicating smell. I believe the base must be very similar between the two, even though the peachy fruity accord remains throughout the entire development.

It is certainly more feminine than Aventus but I really did not feel uncomfortable wearing it (mind you, I always wear what I like no matter the gender boundaries). A fraghead friend who was travelling with me bought it as well and wore it comfortably.

Again, it may not be for everyone but if you like Aventus I'm sure you'll like this too.

Peachventus eh? Just what I was hoping for then, many thanks.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSociopath View Post
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Looking forward
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast