Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Aventus for Her

Now available via Creed UK website.

https://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pr...ventus-for-her

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Now available via Creed UK website.

https://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pr...ventus-for-her
    hopefully they produce some samples. there's a flacon size too!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Time to update the split prices as the flacon works out at much better value than the 75ml I'd intended to import. Looking forward to trying this as the Aventus DNA is supposed to be present and correct but with a twist.

Looks like this may be available in John Lewis stores today as well. The website lists that it is available for click & collect so I presume they may have them on the shop floor also.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The Nieman Marcus Creed sales reps are eagerly awaiting arrival of this in the store in my area.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm interested if someone decides to do a split of this in the US

Doused myself liberally in this today. Initial impressions were underwhelming as I expected something akin to Aventus with the pineapple removed and peach slotted in, which it is.

Well, it is. Sort of.

It's got that generic female perfume vibe going with the opening fruit medley accord thats been done a million times before but I suppose thats due to the notes which are fairly common and don't have that "Wow, never smelled such a good pineapple before" effect that Aventus had. Once it settles down you get a really nice and prominent peach accord thats roughed up with some patchouli and woods (Which aren't the same "type" used in Aventus - much lighter here and brighter).

The scent goes through quite a few transitions and definitely isn't linear like the latest batches of Aventus tend to be, projection is booming off with the usual effect. One woman smelled me from 6 foot away and another was drawn toward me by her nose asking "What is that?".

The former thought it smelled masculine, the latter said feminine. I'd lean more toward the feminine side, its a light yet dense composition but no chokingly aromatic like your grandmothers favourite. Smells very modern and elegant.

I had envisioned a totally different scent in my head and now that dissonance is out of the way will be heading back tomorrow to slather myself in it again to see what I think with an extended wearing. Ansomia is a a strong potential on this one again.

I hope you and my girlfriends arm are different in chemistry.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

"Ansomia is a strong potential on this one again". I take it you mean anosmia?

Thanks for sharing the experience. Definitely a peculiar one...

Hi everyone,

Ive received news from a reliable source that Aventus for Women will be released June 25th of this month!!! The Creed Boutique in NYC and Las Vegas will be the first to receive this long awaited fragrance.

1 oz. $240.00
    2.5 oz. $ 405.00
    8.4 oz $ 695.00
    17 oz $ 1060.00

Top notes: Green Apple, Violet, Bergamont, Patchouli
    Mid notes: Sandalwood, Musk
    Base notes : Peach, Cassis, Lilac, Ylang-Ylang, Amber

Best wishes,

Nicholas Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hi everyone,

Ive received news from a reliable source that Aventus for Women will be released June 25th of this month!!! The Creed Boutique in NYC and Las Vegas will be the first to receive this long awaited fragrance.

1 oz. $240.00
    2.5 oz. $ 405.00
    8.4 oz $ 695.00
    17 oz $ 1060.00

Best wishes,

Nicholas Thomas
    Those prices are ridiculously high.
    I wonder if they will sell as much as the men's parfum.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Thanks for review and prices. I can't see paying over 4 for a 2.5. That's just silly. And I say this because their other products vary on prices from this rate. That in itself is super shady. I'm sorry. I'm not a basher, but that's just ludacris
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Doused myself liberally in this today. Initial impressions were underwhelming as I expected something akin to Aventus with the pineapple removed and peach slotted in, which it is.

Well, it is. Sort of.

It's got that generic female perfume vibe going with the opening fruit medley accord thats been done a million times before but I suppose thats due to the notes which are fairly common and don't have that "Wow, never smelled such a good pineapple before" effect that Aventus had. Once it settles down you get a really nice and prominent peach accord thats roughed up with some patchouli and woods (Which aren't the same "type" used in Aventus - much lighter here and brighter).

The scent goes through quite a few transitions and definitely isn't linear like the latest batches of Aventus tend to be, projection is booming off with the usual effect. One woman smelled me from 6 foot away and another was drawn toward me by her nose asking "What is that?".

The former thought it smelled masculine, the latter said feminine. I'd lean more toward the feminine side, its a light yet dense composition but no chokingly aromatic like your grandmothers favourite. Smells very modern and elegant.

I had envisioned a totally different scent in my head and now that dissonance is out of the way will be heading back tomorrow to slather myself in it again to see what I think with an extended wearing. Ansomia is a a strong potential on this one again.
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Love Shot by Ex Nihilo

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    Disregard that impression please, when I rose today and sniffed my tshirt it smelt exceedingly woody/patchouli laden with the barest hint of fruit and then I clicked - the last time I wore it I'd been testing PG Intrigant Patchouli and it was tenacious enough to survive a cool wash hence its presence has interfered with my test of Aventus.

Will be going back today to apply more of the juice and will update my thoughts accordingly.

Cheers

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hi everyone,

1 oz. $240.00
    2.5 oz. $ 405.00
    8.4 oz $ 695.00
    17 oz $ 1060.00

Best wishes,

Nicholas Thomas
    Thanks for this info. Would make a nice birthday gift for my daughter or granddaughter.
    Last edited by hednic; 15th June 2016 at 11:32 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Disregard that impression please, when I rose today and sniffed my tshirt it smelt exceedingly woody/patchouli laden with the barest hint of fruit and then I clicked - the last time I wore it I'd been testing PG Intrigant Patchouli and it was tenacious enough to survive a cool wash hence its presence has interfered with my test of Aventus.

Will be going back today to apply more of the juice and will update my thoughts accordingly.

Cheers
    I await your reformulated impression,
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    I await your reformulated impression,
    Herventus is good, quite good indeed.

It explains what they've been doing with the base of the regular version in 2016 as you can smell a lot of elements in it, it's quite sweet, very fruity and a pleasure to wear. Definitely wears your nose out quickly like its masculine counterpart but the scent itself is "wispier" and not as chunky as the male version. Projection is great, I haven't applied it to anyone else yet to test its silage.

It definitely veers toward the feminine and there is an accord in it that I've definitely smelled before in a womans frag but it can be pulled off by a man with ease as its such a crowd pleasing scent. Not as amazing as Aventus was when it first dropped due to its juxtaposition of notes and first realistic pineapple I'd ever smelled, the peach and apple headline here and they are both nice and crisp renditions of the notes that are quite realistic.

If Aventus is a 10/10 then this stacks up a 6. It was carrying a lot of hype with the name and doesn't truly deliver what it promised. Had they just released it as another one of their ladies range with a new name it would've flew straight under the radar and someone would have commented "I can smell bits of Aventus in this" at some point and that's it, as it stands I expected something on par with the original - ideally with a huge radioactive peach taking center stage on a creamy sandalwood and rose base with lashings of musk, amber and lime.

Instead they delivered a slightly above average female scent which carries a couple of elements across from the original but with none of the panache.

Basenotes Plus

Herventus is good, quite good indeed.

It explains what they've been doing with the base of the regular version in 2016 as you can smell a lot of elements in it, it's quite sweet, very fruity and a pleasure to wear. Definitely wears your nose out quickly like its masculine counterpart but the scent itself is "wispier" and not as chunky as the male version. Projection is great, I haven't applied it to anyone else yet to test its silage.

It definitely veers toward the feminine and there is an accord in it that I've definitely smelled before in a womans frag but it can be pulled off by a man with ease as its such a crowd pleasing scent. Not as amazing as Aventus was when it first dropped due to its juxtaposition of notes and first realistic pineapple I'd ever smelled, the peach and apple headline here and they are both nice and crisp renditions of the notes that are quite realistic.

If Aventus is a 10/10 then this stacks up a 6. It was carrying a lot of hype with the name and doesn't truly deliver what it promised. Had they just released it as another one of their ladies range with a new name it would've flew straight under the radar and someone would have commented "I can smell bits of Aventus in this" at some point and that's it, as it stands I expected something on par with the original - ideally with a huge radioactive peach taking center stage on a creamy sandalwood and rose base with lashings of musk, amber and lime.

Instead they delivered a slightly above average female scent which carries a couple of elements across from the original but with none of the panache.
    Thanks for the reply! I haven't tried this one yet. I'm more interested in Royal Princess Oud atm, which I've to smell again.. might help make up my mind if I want a bottle or not.
    All Hail King Kouros!

thanks for the detailed impressions Palmolive. all i can say is they need to drop the price and i'll pick up a sample in the future out of curiosity.

Basenotes Junkie

Got 10 ml off a splitter in the splits forum. Definitely not what I was expecting. I'm not versed enough in individual ingredients to give note breakdowns etc. to my nose in my arm it smells exactly like what Hugo Just Different would smell like if they made a female version. It's not bad, but I don't really get much of a resemblance to Aventus. One thing I can pick out is pepper. Definitely worth $22.00 to try and satisfy my curiously but I would never pay retail. My wife just laughed when I let her smell it and told her the price. It will probably be a decant that collects dust on her shelf for the most part. I think a man can pull it off especially in the drydown but it doesn't fit me enough to make it into my rotation.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabianman1 View Post
    Got 10 ml off a splitter in the splits forum. Definitely not what I was expecting. I'm not versed enough in individual ingredients to give note breakdowns etc. to my nose in my arm it smells exactly like what Hugo Just Different would smell like if they made a female version. It's not bad, but I don't really get much of a resemblance to Aventus. One thing I can pick out is pepper. Definitely worth $22.00 to try and satisfy my curiously but I would never pay retail. My wife just laughed when I let her smell it and told her the price. It will probably be a decant that collects dust on her shelf for the most part. I think a man can pull it off especially in the drydown but it doesn't fit me enough to make it into my rotation.

Just my .02.
    Keep in mind it's brand new & creeds tend to get better after they've had exposure to air. I'll be curious to see if it changes in a couple weeks to a month. Keep us updated
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Keep in mind it's brand new & creeds tend to get better after they've had exposure to air. I'll be curious to see if it changes in a couple weeks to a month. Keep us updated
    Most definitely. I have a few Creeds sitting on my shelf thanks to FNet.

Just my .02.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm also waiting for my sample. Unlike most people here, I never expect Herventus to smell like maventus. So, really excited to see what I get from it.

Also, now I gotta try Hugo Just different.

Dam creed makes off the chain men's parfums then down to earth ladies parfums.

Something tells me it's not going to be near a great seller like the men's version especially with the price which is ridiculous.

I think Vegas odds would be against being a hit.

I will give it my own review when I get my sample in this week and I'll tested out with a couple ladies, wifey , daughter and see what they say.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

It's finally here guys, First youtube review of Aventus for Her:

Here come the hype

Quote Originally Posted by Michael293 View Post
    It's finally here guys, First youtube review of Aventus for Her:

Here come the hype
    That's hilarious
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

I bought it and love it .. Purchased the 75ml as a blind buy as the 120 was not available. I wore it and received lots of compliments. I recognize the same aventus DNA granted the pineapple is missing, however I prefer it to the men's fragrance. Also, it is really nice when layered with Aventus for men, interesting blend.

Default Aventus for Her

Just my .02.

Just got my sample in, I have to concur with his statement. It smells nothing like a Men Aventus. But one thing is clear it's 10 times as strong as the men's watered down version pre 2015 batch. The peppery smell is way too much that over powers the rest of the ingredients.

Please remember I have only tried it on for the past 30 minutes and it's fresh out of the flucon so needs to be aired out.

tomorrow I will test it out with a couple of ladies at work and wifey as well.
    My 15 year old daughter does not like the openings so far. She is willing to try it all day and see of any changes.

Will report update at the end of tomorrow.

They call vintage Aventus the aphrodisiac for women.

But this will defiantly will not be the fragrance for women to lure men.

Last edited by Merlinyoda; 22nd June 2016 at 09:59 PM.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Thanks for feedback. Sorry to hear about pepper it is ingredient I dislike most together with galbanum (Silver Mountain Water, Pure White Cologne) and clove (Spice and Wood). But interesting that peach based fragrance is so strong as well. I can't believe that I saying this but maybe batch variation typical for Aventus will make this fragrance better over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinyoda View Post
    Just got my sample in, I have to concur with his statement. It smells nothing like a Men Aventus. But one thing is clear it's 10 times as strong as the men's watered down version pre 2015 batch. The peppery smell is way too much that over powers the rest of the ingredients.

Please remember I have only tried it on for the past 30 minutes and it's fresh out of the flucon so needs to be aired out.

tomorrow I will test it out with a couple of ladies at work and wifey as well.
    My 15 year old daughter does not like the openings so far. She is willing to try it all day and see of any changes.

Will report update at the end of tomorrow.

They call vintage Aventus the aphrodisiac for women.

But this will defiantly will not be the fragrance for women to lure men.

Update

Had 5 gals at work test it out and they like it a lot.
    After the dry down it changes with less pepperness vibe.
    They all wanted to know where to get sum.
    After I told them the price at NM they said "No thanks".
    Its good but not near worth retail price.

So all the gals who tested it and wearing it like it.

2 other guys did not like it and 3 did.

So it could very well be a hit with the ladies.
    Im sure Creed will have batch variations like the men's version.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast