Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Aventus for Her

Default Re: Aventus for Her

I have to say old chap's. I personally don't like this fragrance at all. And the majority of the females don't like it at all some do but most don't.

The odd thing is they all like Princess Royal Oud better than Aventus for her. But would never pay that much for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

this stuff is like bubblegum candy to me! the fruity notes are great. *revs up the AFH hype engine - everyone should try it at least.

in terms of the ambroxan/musk bombs it's being compared to like Sauvage or Light Blue for women i think i prefer it, has a nice candied vibe. no doubt the peach in the base is bringing that element out, probably why i am smelling bubblegum mixed with all the applelyness.
    Last edited by wilfred; 18th November 2016 at 10:13 PM.

Smelled it a week ago for the very first time, and I love it!

Great scent.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinyoda View Post
    I have to say old chap's. I personally don't like this fragrance at all. And the majority of the females don't like it at all some do but most don't.

The odd thing is they all like Princess Royal Oud better than Aventus for her. But would never pay that much for it.

Don't like it either. I love Royal Princess Oud, though.

What's the best place to get this right now? Having trouble finding Neiman Marcus coupons.

if anything i'd like to try royal princess oud too now. reviews seem to be glowing. anyone say anything else about that one? more like mens aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by opticalserenity View Post
    What's the best place to get this right now? Having trouble finding Neiman Marcus coupons.
    Serenity

To answer your question is right here you can get it from most of the splitters on BN for A fraction of the cost retail!

Go to the splitter page, order today and have it before Friday!
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinyoda View Post
    Serenity

To answer your question is right here you can get it from most of the splitters on BN for A fraction of the cost retail!

Go to the splitter page, order today and have it before Friday!
    Thanks, that's a good idea and I didn't think about it.

I may want to get this as a gift though so I may just have to buy a full bottle, any ideas?

Not a fan. IMO, I just didn't even find it ok
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

got a decant of royal princess oud fellas. wow, this stuff is the real deal. goes in a different direction to AFH so i don't think you can fully compare, but do i think it's better? absolutely. and i like AFH too, the fruity notes are fantastic. but RPO smells so classy & feminine...and a little bit smoky. not as playful but totally wearable (for ladies), maybe the best woman's scent i've ever put my nose on. don't think a guy could pull it off as easily as AFH, something to do with the delicacy of the notes, but i'd sure as hell love my woman to smell like this

Smelt aventus for her today and I thought it was really nice. Wife wasnt to keen on it though.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My granddaughter loves this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

First sniff today, call me crazy but I immediately drew comparisons to Paco Rabanne Black XS with the fruity note and the underlying very bitter smell that I don't like. I think the Sillage on Aventus for her smells really nice and can fill up a room fast but that bitter note whatever is causing it , ick. I have smelled it in many perfumes XS is one of those and I can probably list 4-5 more but it's a very bitter note that doesn't smell natural to me.

Anyhow I like the smell from a distance just not up close after a spray.

Edit now that it's way into the drydown it has that harsh bitter smell is about all that is left, totally smells like the drydown of the terrible aventus clone Zara Sprint 9.58 in a Gold cylinder bottle. Same with Paco Black XS that same smell.
    Last edited by Quiptos; 13th January 2017 at 08:43 PM.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

The couple of decants that I bought I gave them away to female coworkers since my daughter didn't like the scent at all. But she does love Royal princess oud. The feedback from my coworkers were not the great especially for retail price.

And also, one of them had it in her desk. She never took it home. but she didn't know how to say no thanks. So she just took it when I gave it to her. Go figure.

It definitely isn't getting the attention Creed thought it would by any means.

Aventus Junkie by heart!

I completely agree, the bitterness bothers me. But the peach note is just beautiful.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Are there people who have tried several batches of Aventus for her? Does it also have differences per batch like Aventus for him?
    Do we have to hunt for batches or can we buy any batch (if we want to buy this one for a lady)?
    Proud owner of 100% full Aventus 14G01 (75ml), 100% full Aventus 12E01 (120ml), 50% full Aventus 13W01 (75ml) and 75% full Aventus 11X01 (75ml).

I have ordered a sample of 5ml of Creed Aventus for her.. just curious about this one... if it smells nice i will buy it for my mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice fragrance.. i don't like the beer opening... but after 2 seconds it is gone and it changes into a peachy, fresh, bubblegum fragrance.. but is it worth 180 euros for 75ml? I don't think soo.. maybe i would buy this for my mom or my GF if i had one.. but thats about it.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540
    - Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood
    - Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    - By Kilian Straight to heaven
    - By Kilian Black Phantom
    - Parfums De Marly Carlisle
    - Parfums De Marly Layton

My lady went gaga over this. I thought it was ok so I got her a 75 ml, and she just loves it. It really grew on me. 2 sprays on her just has insane longevity. I can smell her wake after 8 hours. Nice peach, then a musk combo, drydown has ridiculous sillage. She smells fantastic. We are digging this for sure. I honestly like it more than Princess Oud, and I didn't think that was possible. may not be for everyone, but just replace the pineapple of Aventus with peach and wala. Shes doing the Jowan wrist smelling in circles. I've caught her saying Oh My God as she smells herself at least 6 times now in a few days span. If shes happy, I'm happy. But this one surprised me.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    My lady went gaga over this. I thought it was ok so I got her a 75 ml, and she just loves it. It really grew on me. 2 sprays on her just has insane longevity. I can smell her wake after 8 hours. Nice peach, then a musk combo, drydown has ridiculous sillage. She smells fantastic. We are digging this for sure. I honestly like it more than Princess Oud, and I didn't think that was possible. may not be for everyone, but just replace the pineapple of Aventus with peach and wala. Shes doing the Jowan wrist smelling in circles. I've caught her saying Oh My God as she smells herself at least 6 times now in a few days span. If shes happy, I'm happy. But this one surprised me.
    My granddaughter had a similar reaction!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

All the women that I have gave it to did not like it at all. Maybe it’s the Chanel connection who knows.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Banned

It would be nice if the mens version performed like AFH does as its insanely beastly without becoming honking and induces no fatigue at all.

Blog Entries

It's weedy and snobby.
    Not a fan, nor is any girl I had smell it.

Original Santal, VIW, SMW, and Acqua Fiorentina are the nearly universally successful creeds with girls 18-34

I didn’t care for Aventus For Her. I tried several times. I have a reaction to it, so it smells very unlovely. I had the same, and lesser, reaction to Aventus, so I think there’s some common DNA that doesn’t sit well on my skin. From my reaction, it may be amped up in AFH. I can’t say if the fragrance itself is well-done, it may be. But it’s quite unwearable for me.