Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bond No 9, Liberty Island

I noticed this on fragrantica and copied the description. It's not even listed on bond no 9's site yet.

Liberty Island by Bond No 9 is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Liberty Island was launched in 2016. Top notes are mandarin orange, bergamot and black currant; middle notes are jasmine and orange blossom; base notes are musk and marshmallow.

Don't recall anything I have with marshmallow in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Bond No 9, Liberty Island

I will definitely try it, but I feel a lot of their "unisex" fragrances lean totally feminine.

Interesting. I don't jump in any try everything this house comes out with like I used to, but I think I will certainly give this one a try.
    Current Winter Favorites:
    1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Basenotes Plus

I own all of their beach line except sag harbor which is coming next week so I'll buy it for sure. I've known it was coming for a month
    Follow me on Instagram @ Bay_Area_Cologne_King
    Currently wearing: Reflection Man by Amouage

Oh em jee, I'm really excited about this one. I like the notes, and I really hope they do a great job with it. As soon as they have it at my local Nordstrom I'm gonna go try it, thanks for the heads up!!
    I buy fragrances that match my personality. I want to smell like I'll whisk you away with me on a weekend retreat to engage in an exciting adventure in parts unknown.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Don't recall seeing that one at Saks yet.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

smells feminine by the notes, will pass on this!

It will be just nice like most of them.
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    smells feminine by the notes, will pass on this!
    If it is feminine, I'll just buy it for my lady, so that I can just smell it on her!
    I buy fragrances that match my personality. I want to smell like I'll whisk you away with me on a weekend retreat to engage in an exciting adventure in parts unknown.

Would like to sample when it is available.

Sounds a bit like By Kilian Love. Would be great if it was a less sweet version!

Floral. Fruity. Musky and what sounds like a gourmand marshmallow facet.

Sounds like an absolute mess

I see it on their website now. Has anyone seen it in person and tried it yet?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't recall seeing that one at Saks yet.
    Same. Nor at a couple of local boutiques that are good about stocking Bond's latest offerings. I need to make a couple phone calls...

Thanks for the info, ajs41072.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note list looks very interesting indeed, but I am a bit worried it will lean too feminine. Excited to start hearing some reviews though when it starts showing up
    Eph 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Totally gonna layer this with Bond I love ny for all, hope it adds some cream to my hazelnut coffee tumblr_mf1inzGyMh1rcqnnxo1_500.jpgsupremo!
    Sell Me Your WTB Givenchy Rouge and TEA FOR TWO Please -[/SIZE]! [SIZE=3]___ - Pino Silvestre Pine Gems Essence (Natural Ingredients and Rare ) - _____ Click to Buy!

I hope it's not too sweet. Marshmallow scares me a little, but I'll be sure to sample it and if it's nice, perhaps I'll get a bottle to wear on July 4th.

Would be more excited if it wasn't being released by Bond. There are only 3 or 4 Bond scents I like but most of them are a synthetic mess.

Anyone try it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Anyone try it yet?
    i have a sample on order, bought it off EBay

Blog Entries

I see it on their website now. Has anyone seen it in person and tried it yet?
    Anyone try it yet?
    I managed to get a sample. I thought it was actually one of their more citrus/sporty/aquatic guy fragrances, like Hamptons. Definitely one of the lighter, more transparent Bonds, like Brooklyn or High Line.

I would describe the style as a slightly more fruity but also more masc-sporty D&G Light Blue (women's). Fair dose of squeaky-clean musks. Definitely one of their most guy-friendly fragrances. My wife says unisex, and she calls a lot of masculines "girly".

My feeling is that they're pushing the marketing toward the ladies to keep them in the fold on this one.

Interesting! I might swing by Sak's this weekend and see if I can test it out! This now does sound like something I would like!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Interesting! I might swing by Sak's this weekend and see if I can test it out! This now does sound like something I would like!

Definitely worth investigating. I've got it on my arm now, and it's staying rather pleasant. I have to be careful - I doused big in Bulgari Black, and some of those facets sneak in and I have to say "DOWN, BOY!" But I've got it on paper, too, and it's easy to follow. Very clean and fresh, but not "scratchy" like a lot of fresh ones. Soft and cool.

Bond's description shows how a single set of "notes" can really be almost anything on the spectrum, depending upon how things are weighted. Here is how *I* see things, compared to the description:

Quote Originally Posted by ajs41072 View Post
    Liberty Island by Bond No 9 is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Liberty Island was launched in 2016. Top notes are mandarin orange, bergamot and black currant; middle notes are jasmine and orange blossom; base notes are musk and marshmallow.

Don't recall anything I have with marshmallow in it.
    My thoughts on the things....

Liberty Island by Bond No 9 is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance - definitely light and transparent on the floral, easy on the fruity, and "barely" on the gourmand, as in, if JCE did a gourmand. Frankly, I would tend to describe it as a clean, transparent, citrus fresh scent with floral, fruity, and gourmand touches.

for women and men. -
    totally.

This is a new fragrance. Liberty Island was launched in 2016. Top notes are

mandarin orange, -
    orange aspects definitely buried in the clean musks

bergamot and -
    sure thing, but same

black currant; -
    yes, but not too much

middle notes are -

jasmine -
    OK, but not prominent

and orange blossom; -
    OK, but not prominent

base notes are -

musk and -
    LOTS

marshmallow. -
    Yes, a very clean gourmand facet, but not toothache stuff AT ALL. Frankly, less cotton candy than some "sport" scents on the men's counter these days.

This is a very likable fragrance for me, but I've gotta say, Bond's description is weird. Think of their "real" gourmands like the "For Her" and "For All", or the huge coffee gourmands like New Haarlem and So New York. This is NOTHING like them. For Her was a floral fruity gourmand. This? It's a stretch, at best.

For ladies, I would describe this as better than some of the standard designer "clean, fresh, transparent, white-floral/white-musk fragrances" out there. Oudless "Signature", perhaps?
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 4th June 2016 at 02:37 AM. Reason: third time's a charm on spelling "definitely" right.

Thanks for your input!!

Blog Entries

Thanks for your input!!
    No problem! Just repaying all the great advice on new releases I've gotten here. It's rare that I get a scoop on a new release - gotta get out the word when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Definitely worth investigating. I've got it on my arm now, and it's staying rather pleasant. I have to be careful - I doused big in Bulgari Black, and some of those facets sneak in and I have to say "DOWN, BOY!" But I've got it on paper, too, and it's easy to follow. Very clean and fresh, but not "scratchy" like a lot of fresh ones. Soft and cool.

Bond's description shows how a single set of "notes" can really be almost anything on the spectrum, depending upon how things are weighted. Here is how *I* see things, compared to the description:

My thoughts on the things....

Liberty Island by Bond No 9 is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance - definitely light and transparent on the floral, easy on the fruity, and "barely" on the gourmand, as in, if JCE did a gourmand. Frankly, I would tend to describe it as a clean, transparent, citrus fresh scent with floral, fruity, and gourmand touches.

for women and men. -
    totally.

This is a new fragrance. Liberty Island was launched in 2016. Top notes are

mandarin orange, -
    orange aspects definitely buried in the clean musks

bergamot and -
    sure thing, but same

black currant; -
    yes, but not too much

middle notes are -

jasmine -
    OK, but not prominent

and orange blossom; -
    OK, but not prominent

base notes are -

musk and -
    LOTS

marshmallow. -
    Yes, a very clean gourmand facet, but not toothache stuff AT ALL. Frankly, less cotton candy than some "sport" scents on the men's counter these days.

This is a very likable fragrance for me, but I've gotta say, Bond's description is weird. Think of their "real" gourmands like the "For Her" and "For All", or the huge coffee gourmands like New Haarlem and So New York. This is NOTHING like them. For Her was a floral fruity gourmand. This? It's a stretch, at best.

For ladies, I would describe this as better than some of the standard designer "clean, fresh, transparent, white-floral/white-musk fragrances" out there. Oudless "Signature", perhaps?
    Was it FBW for you?

I was able to get some time off next week. I think I'm going to hit up Sak's and see if it is available to test. I'm very excited about this release. I'm always looking for something festive to wear on the 4th of July (yes...I'm kind of a nerd that way).

I finally got a chance to try it out today. It wan't really at all what I was expecting. It starts our pretty heavy on the citrus and as it dries down the florals and creaminess of the marshmallow really start to come out.The opening is transparent and summery and reminds me a better composed and longer lasting cK One Summer fragrance (in a good way...I think 2014) and is very unisex. However, the dry down is quite femminine. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable wearing it, but I don't think I need a full bottle...which is a little disappointing, as I went into the store with every intention of buying a bottle on the spot (and almost blind bought a bottle online multiple times). Perhaps I will get a bottle when it hits the discounters. The sales associate did give my two samples, so I'll get a few more chances to try it again.

Blog Entries

Was it FBW for you?
    I would say not quite FBW - at least not now.

It's probably my number 2 or number 3 pick for next Bond. I think I like Washington Square better, and maybe Saks for Him. But I'm just not in the mood for a new Bond right now, with new Chanels almost here, and Herventus possibly being right up my alley. I also need a really full wear, where I just douse on the stuff. That's how I know for sure if I'm going to love it - massively overspray.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    I finally got a chance to try it out today. It wan't really at all what I was expecting. It starts our pretty heavy on the citrus and as it dries down the florals and creaminess of the marshmallow really start to come out.The opening is transparent and summery and reminds me a better composed and longer lasting cK One Summer fragrance (in a good way...I think 2014) and is very unisex. However, the dry down is quite femminine. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable wearing it, but I don't think I need a full bottle...which is a little disappointing, as I went into the store with every intention of buying a bottle on the spot (and almost blind bought a bottle online multiple times). Perhaps I will get a bottle when it hits the discounters. The sales associate did give my two samples, so I'll get a few more chances to try it again.
    Yeah, I think that's how I feel. I need to test a lot of other things out now, and also give my sample a really solid, big-day wear. Not ready to commit to a full bottle until and unless I'm truly infatuated with the stuff.

glad that this paired with Chanel Boy are not must buys in my book, will glady acquire a big bottle of C Christian C and the new Amouage Myths man, instead!