Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Something similar to Aesop's Mystra?

I'm down to my last few drops, and ebay's letting me down. Mystra is green, but also somehow cool, mossy, rocky . . . I've never come across anything similar.

I'd also love to hear about good places to find discontinued scents, other than eBay.
    Currently wearing: Colette by Tocca

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Something similar to Aesop's Mystra?

Have you tried Shanaan by Micallef? It has a pretty strong labdanum and incense note.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I haven't - I will check it out. Thanks!

I like that a lot too, and cannot really think about anything similar. Even the most austere frankincenses, like Armani Bois d'Encens, don't come close to the resinous austerity of Mystra.

I think it's gone for good, but it's always worth asking whenever one visits a store. At least, they'll get the idea that there is demand for that, rather than the weaker stuff they spit out now.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I like that a lot too, and cannot really think about anything similar. Even the most austere frankincenses, like Armani Bois d'Encens, don't come close to the resinous austerity of Mystra.

I think it's gone for good, but it's always worth asking whenever one visits a store. At least, they'll get the idea that there is demand for that, rather than the weaker stuff they spit out now.

cacio
    I've been sniffing scents with similar profiles, but you're right - they are just not the same. While I was digging around the forums I did find another thread where someone said that Aveda's Chakra #7 is very similar. It's currently only being sold as a body spray, but I might give it a chance this summer.

I own and like Chakra 7. It has some incenses, but nowhere near as stark, and it's much fresher, with angelica. Still, at $30, a very enjoyable and natural smelling perfume - it doesn't last as long as a perfume, but it's stronger than a regular body spray. As all Chakra, it has a sort of informal, fresh air, and it is perfect for the gym, sports activities, and the like.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I own and like Chakra 7. It has some incenses, but nowhere near as stark, and it's much fresher, with angelica. Still, at $30, a very enjoyable and natural smelling perfume - it doesn't last as long as a perfume, but it's stronger than a regular body spray. As all Chakra, it has a sort of informal, fresh air, and it is perfect for the gym, sports activities, and the like.

cacio
    I think I will check it out. I don't think I've bought a body spray since my college days in the 90s.

Funnily enough, I've also been looking forward to the Bath & Bodyworks 90s re-issues at the end of the month. Crossing my fingers that Lilac will be resurrected. Perhaps it will be a body spray kind of summer . . .