Code of Conduct

Thread: An Onda moment.

Cool An Onda moment.

Sampling my way through the Vero Onda's. Today I'm trying the Voile d'Extrait (EDP on the way from Luckyscent) and I'm really digging this. I demand my husband smell my arm. Normally when I find something I like and demand he take a whiff, he says it smells "powdery." Nope, it doesn't, but whatever. If I like it I'll buy it. But this one he says "ooooo, nice." Great! So I tell him I want it for my birthday.

"How much?"

"$250 for 50 mL."

"Do they have a 25 mL option?"

"No."

"..."

"But I've ordered a sample of the EDP which I've read is even more animalic and it's only $200 for 50 mL."

"<sigh> OK."

Regardless, once I've smelled them all I'll have my favorite version of this urinous, makeup-y Red Vine wonder one way or the other

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: An Onda moment.

Quote Originally Posted by spooneb View Post
    Great! So I tell him I want it for my birthday.
    Hopefully you'll have your birthday wish fulfilled.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Excellent gift idea. Dry leather, with some animalics. I have the extrait (didn't exist the voile back then). Curious to hear your assessment on the differences.

cacio

It's a terrific piece of work.

I like all three versions but ended up buying the EdP - the passionfruit kick up front is a blast and just seems to make the whole thing work here in 30+c / 99% humidity summer months.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

I recently handled a long-ago emptied Perfumed Court Onda EdP sample in effort to recycle decant bottles for other fragrances and oils; the residual smell of Onda persisted through a vinegar wash, and being too strong to house new fragrances or oils, I had to throw that emptied decant bottle away. Onda EdP would never, ever be my style, and even if it were, I'd still have to contend with a strange physically "constricting" reaction I apparently have to something in it's composition...but goodness, it's potent!, always a plus if it is "becoming" on you.