Code of Conduct

Default NEW : DIRK by Dirk Bikkembergs

Personally, do not know about this house (first fragrance, I guess??), but the notes sounded interesting and also the bottle

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/DIRK...ergs-7997.html

pink pepper, apple, grapefruit
    geranium, orange blossom, tonka
    vetiver, benzoin, animalistic notes

Default Re: NEW : DIRK by Dirk Bikkembergs

Bikkembergs is a famous (at least in Europe) brand of very expensive underwear. A bit like Calvin Klein on steroids (also in the literal sense in the case of the models wearing said underwear).

The piece of clothing could make for an interesting perfume, but I'm afraid this will be more like a sporty thing - but we shall see.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Bikkembergs is a famous (at least in Europe) brand of very expensive underwear. A bit like Calvin Klein on steroids (also in the literal sense in the case of the models wearing said underwear).

cacio
    Thanks for the info!!!

The piece of clothing could make for an interesting perfume, but I'm afraid this will be more like a sporty thing - but we shall see.

cacio
    In fact it's more than just underwear. They like to call it "sport couture". It's sport (football) inspired fashion. Over 10 years ago it was very hyped but it has lost much of it's appeal... Bikkembergs used to have football players instead of real models on his runways.
    Last edited by TLS; 19th May 2016 at 05:02 PM.
    Currently wearing: Blu by Bruno Acampora

TLS:

I think it's a Belgian brand, right? In Italy, it was really famous only for underwear, but I guess elsewhere they had a larger business line.

cacio

TLS:

I think it's a Belgian brand, right? In Italy, it was really famous only for underwear, but I guess elsewhere they had a larger business line.

cacio
    Yes it is. Not many shops that carry the line anymore. I guess niche became mainstream and lost it's flair...
    Currently wearing: Blu by Bruno Acampora

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I saw the underwear last summer in Brazil so they have a market for their products there also. Had never heard of it prior to that though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.