Code of Conduct

Default Caron Yatagan clicked with me!

I went through a brief phase 4 to 5 years ago, buying a few (non vintage) classics. Yatagan was one that simply confused me so I never wore it much. Well, just the other day the bottle surfaced in a move so I decided to wear it. The initial blast is in your face, but it settles down quickly. Throughout the day I got asked what I was wearing after being complemented. There are so many descriptions of this scent that my amateur description would add nothing. I post this thread simply to share my joy at finding a scent, previously ignored that now seems like a masterpiece, and it was "under my nose" all along! Keep sampling everyone. Tastes change and sometimes you simply need time for a scent to click.

IMHO, Yatagan is a gem.
    1. Epic Man by Amouage (29 wears)
    2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (27 wears)
    3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (22 wears)
    4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (21 wears)
    5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (17 wears)
    6. Fate Man by Amouage (17 wears)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Caron Yatagan clicked with me!

Sometimes with the passing of time and not always clear to one why, a whole new appreciation of a scent develops and that's very satisfying. Good for you! It's a very nice scent indeed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    .... it was "under my nose" all along! Keep sampling everyone. Tastes change and sometimes you simply need time for a scent to click.
    IMHO, Yatagan is a gem.
    Wise words! Enjoy!
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I went through a brief phase 4 to 5 years ago, buying a few (non vintage) classics. Yatagan was one that simply confused me so I never wore it much. Well, just the other day the bottle surfaced in a move so I decided to wear it. The initial blast is in your face, but it settles down quickly. Throughout the day I got asked what I was wearing after being complemented. There are so many descriptions of this scent that my amateur description would add nothing. I post this thread simply to share my joy at finding a scent, previously ignored that now seems like a masterpiece, and it was "under my nose" all along! Keep sampling everyone. Tastes change and sometimes you simply need time for a scent to click.

IMHO, Yatagan is a gem.
    Yes I can feel what you are referring to. I had the same experience with "Mukhallat by Montale", which was just an OK for me when I bought and smelt it first time, but after a while, when I smelt it again, it was very interesting to me. Fully agree with your words.