Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Default Re: Let's post some vintage fragrance pics

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by relus View Post
    Nice posts.

What does the Julio Iglesias smell like. I’m intrigued.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Plus

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ZC would approve... and so do I. Nice collection. How does the Avon Bay Rum smell?

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Nice posts.

What does the Julio Iglesias smell like. I’m intrigued.
    its a more classic fougere barbershop- ish smell, clean smelling,some floral , bit sour, patchouli like...this scent seems somewhat under the radar, little reviews but crazy high prices...maybe i will buy a 2d bottle, cause i can get it for a fair price.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ZC would approve... and so do I. Nice collection. How does the Avon Bay Rum smell?
    It's one of the best bay rums I've ever come across.. I haven't tried that many, but it's superior to the other aftershaves I've tried like Masters, Burt's Bees and Ogalala.

It's very different than Pinuad Virgin Island Bay Rum, which has a huge clove note. The Avon is straight up Bay Rum.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I am Zeawot Cwusadaw and I apwoov dis messige
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: 1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by relus View Post
    its a more classic fougere barbershop- ish smell, clean smelling,some floral , bit sour, patchouli like...this scent seems somewhat under the radar, little reviews but crazy high prices...maybe i will buy a 2d bottle, cause i can get it for a fair price.
    That’s awesome any time you can get a fair price! And thanks for the feedback on the way it smells.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    It's one of the best bay rums I've ever come across.. I haven't tried that many, but it's superior to the other aftershaves I've tried like Masters, Burt's Bees and Ogalala.

It's very different than Pinuad Virgin Island Bay Rum, which has a huge clove note. The Avon is straight up Bay Rum.
    Well, color me interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I am Zeawot Cwusadaw and I apwoov dis messige

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Attachment 97011

I was fortunate enough to buy 30 ml. of this L'HB from our old friend Sorcery of Scent a couple of years ago. It's a stunning deep, solid version from the 1940's, I believe.

Attachment 97012

Similar story - I purchased 30ml of this 1930's Al'O from a former basenoter in Texas who I still stay in touch with. Beautiful, robust nutty stuff - not as 'melancholic' as the older versions of the EdT.

Attachment 97014

Found a couple of these 'travel' versions of Mitsouko at an old perfumery here in HK EdT, rich as you could possibly hope for!

Attachment 97015

There is a lot of talk about one of these being the 'femme' version, and one being 'homme' but they are identical to my nose - just different bottles. Amazingly rich lightly floral scented chypres - altho they are designated EdC thet have the heft of a decent EdT! One spritz and you're on the Cote d;Azure circa early 1960's

Attachment 97016

Picked this up in Singapore a coupla years ago - the oakmoss quotient makes all the difference from the current version.

Attachment 97018

Another HK find - sublime.
    Attachment 97019

Wonderful sandalwood bottom-line.

Attachment 97022

Leftovers from the 80's - when the sandalwood was still the driving force.

Attachment 97023

Found 2 bottles. I'm told this is similar to the unicorn Patou Pour Homme Privé? Terrific solid lavender and 'garriguey' herbs.

Attachment 97025

Cuir d'Oranger. 'Vintish' but discontinued - I have one bottle left. Love it - the citrus and leather accord is sublime!

Attachment 97026

I bought these 10 years ago after reading about PdN in The Guide. The current New York is "okay' but Odalisque is gone (wonderfully weird, gentle chypre) and the current Sacrebleu Intense is nothing like the original, which is almost a 'Variation on a Theme' of L'Heure Bleue.

Attachment 97027

The original Acqua di Parma Profumo (in the red box) is on a par with older Mitsouko but has a 'plummy' touch, as opposed to 'peach'. Gorgeous stuff.

Attachment 97021

Last, but not least - the original Patou Pour Homme! I found 3 minis and a 60ml - incomparable, indescribable, breath-taking stuff.

Attachment 97020

Okay - one more for luck! Another find in Singapore - what a lovely, rich 'green' chypre. I wouldn't mind a gallon of this stuff!
    I’m looking at your 30ml basket weave bottle of Guerlain Apres L’Ondee!!!!!!!!!!!! WowwwwwEeeeEeeeeeeee.............
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Hey ho! HEY HO! Excuse me my while I peruse your wonderful, old smelleez!
    Last edited by Shemelimelle; 29th March 2019 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Forgot a word. Too excited.
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

I’m baaaaaaaaaack. YOOOWWWWWWLLllllllllll........

My favorite scent. The oldest one is still sealed .

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Attachment 97011

I was fortunate enough to buy 30 ml. of this L'HB from our old friend Sorcery of Scent a couple of years ago. It's a stunning deep, solid version from the 1940's, I believe.

Attachment 97012

Similar story - I purchased 30ml of this 1930's Al'O from a former basenoter in Texas who I still stay in touch with. Beautiful, robust nutty stuff - not as 'melancholic' as the older versions of the EdT.

Attachment 97014

Found a couple of these 'travel' versions of Mitsouko at an old perfumery here in HK EdT, rich as you could possibly hope for!

Attachment 97015

There is a lot of talk about one of these being the 'femme' version, and one being 'homme' but they are identical to my nose - just different bottles. Amazingly rich lightly floral scented chypres - altho they are designated EdC thet have the heft of a decent EdT! One spritz and you're on the Cote d;Azure circa early 1960's

Attachment 97016

Picked this up in Singapore a coupla years ago - the oakmoss quotient makes all the difference from the current version.

Attachment 97018

Another HK find - sublime.
    Attachment 97019

Wonderful sandalwood bottom-line.

Attachment 97022

Leftovers from the 80's - when the sandalwood was still the driving force.

Attachment 97023

Found 2 bottles. I'm told this is similar to the unicorn Patou Pour Homme Privé? Terrific solid lavender and 'garriguey' herbs.

Attachment 97025

Cuir d'Oranger. 'Vintish' but discontinued - I have one bottle left. Love it - the citrus and leather accord is sublime!

Attachment 97026

I bought these 10 years ago after reading about PdN in The Guide. The current New York is "okay' but Odalisque is gone (wonderfully weird, gentle chypre) and the current Sacrebleu Intense is nothing like the original, which is almost a 'Variation on a Theme' of L'Heure Bleue.

Attachment 97027

The original Acqua di Parma Profumo (in the red box) is on a par with older Mitsouko but has a 'plummy' touch, as opposed to 'peach'. Gorgeous stuff.

Attachment 97021

Last, but not least - the original Patou Pour Homme! I found 3 minis and a 60ml - incomparable, indescribable, breath-taking stuff.

Attachment 97020

Okay - one more for luck! Another find in Singapore - what a lovely, rich 'green' chypre. I wouldn't mind a gallon of this stuff!
    These were great to look at.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35