Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Bargains for Australians!

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd start a thread for us Aussies so we can find bargains and specials to help save valuable money especially with our terrible exchange rates.

I'll start us off with a ton of specials currently at Priceline. Worth having a look!

Default Re: Bargains for Australians!

Sweet idea William. I think that pharmacies like Chemist Warehouse and Goodprice Pharmacy do killer specials on designer fragrances.

For those concerned about the legitimacy of these pharmacy ones, don't worry. Being close friends with a pharmacy owner, I can confirm that the fragrances are really only a customer-attractor in pharmacies so they pretty much sell them at cost price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R.ay View Post
    Sweet idea William. I think that pharmacies like Chemist Warehouse and Goodprice Pharmacy do killer specials on designer fragrances.

For those concerned about the legitimacy of these pharmacy ones, don't worry. Being close friends with a pharmacy owner, I can confirm that the fragrances are really only a customer-attractor in pharmacies so they pretty much sell them at cost price.

Love shopping from them. I prefer Chemist Warehouse over Priceline due to Priceline selling some fragrances at retail price. However, priceline have a 30-70% sale on all fragrances until next week. Get in quick guys! Got a couple of bargains from them today.

Having now spent a month in the USA, and previously many months in Europe, I can confidently assert that we consistently get better deals down here with the likes of Price line and Chemist Warehouse and Terry White Chemist and Nova pharmacy etc.
    Regards,
    Renato

Just to anyone who happens to be following this thread. It seems that David Jones are doing a 20% sale on selected creed fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Having now spent a month in the USA, and previously many months in Europe, I can confidently assert that we consistently get better deals down here with the likes of Price line and Chemist Warehouse and Terry White Chemist and Nova pharmacy etc.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I just wish the range was slightly larger. Love shopping at those pharmacies. Just recently got myself a bottle of spicebomb from Priceline. Got the pre-reformulation batch, was so stoked with it.

Just to anyone who happens to be following this thread. It seems that David Jones are doing a 20% sale on selected creed fragrances.

Nice! Will have to check that out for sure

Quote Originally Posted by willian22 View Post
    I just wish the range was slightly larger. Love shopping at those pharmacies. Just recently got myself a bottle of spicebomb from Priceline. Got the pre-reformulation batch, was so stoked with it.
    Wow congratulations man! I agree completely that the range is very limited and they tend to only stock from certain designers. Can't win them all hey, I'd double take on the day that pharmacies start stocking Parfums de Marly haha

Wow congratulations man! I agree completely that the range is very limited and they tend to only stock from certain designers. Can't win them all hey, I'd double take on the day that pharmacies start stocking Parfums de Marly haha
    I wish they stocked a bit of niche, that would be crazy.

Has anyone used perfumery.com.au? Dior Homme Sport 100ml is going for just $100. Nice bargain there

Has anyone used perfumery.com.au? Dior Homme Sport 100ml is going for just $100. Nice bargain there
    From memory, I got two big bottles of Creed Millesime Tabarome from them at $67 each five years ago.
    Regards,
    Renato

Highly reputable retailer. I've also purchased cheap Creeds from them in the past.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

We haven't mentioned the My Chemist chain.

I wandered by the My Chemist in Frankston today and picked up two near full testers for $5 each - Cacharel's Amor Pour Homme and Dunhill X-Centric.

Last year was more productive where on one visit, also for $5 each, I picked up near full testers of Kouros, Guess Man, Bang, Baldessarini, Armani White.

Do they have these sort of used tester sales at your local My Chemist?
    Regards,
    Renato

Haven't been to my chemist, completely forgot about them. So annoying to have so many chains linked together. Mychemist, Chemist Warehouse and My beauty spot are all connected. My chemist seems to have the better fragrances since they stock L'Homme and Spicebomb. Hoping one of these stores will stock Hermes again.

Priceline have the same sale on again for just 2 days. Tempted to buy YSL Opium Pour Homme and Fahrenheit

Haven't been to my chemist, completely forgot about them. So annoying to have so many chains linked together. Mychemist, Chemist Warehouse and My beauty spot are all connected. My chemist seems to have the better fragrances since they stock L'Homme and Spicebomb. Hoping one of these stores will stock Hermes again.

Priceline have the same sale on again for just 2 days. Tempted to buy YSL Opium Pour Homme and Fahrenheit
    My Beauty Spot always has the same scents as Chemist Warehouse, and the exact same prices on sales, but it also stocks the more expensive Tom Ford scents and others on occasion.

Now don't laugh at this suggestion - My beauty Spot is currently selling AC/DC Black Ice EDT at $9.99 a bottle. I've been wearing it for over a year since it first showed up at Woolworths for $10. I know one's first instinct is that anything sold that cheap must be rubbish or very cheap smelling (like The Police scents), but I really like the stuff and it doesn't smell at all cheap to my nose.

Thanks for the tip on Priceline. Their pricing has been somewhat peculiar lately - after years of seeing Azzaro Chrome there at $30 or $40 (or lower), the other day they were selling it at $110.

The other interesting sellers are Chemists who are either in obscure chains or not in chains at all. The one down in Carrum Downs a few shops away from Coles has some very good deals e.g. last month they were selling big gift sets with big bottles of aftershave and EDT and deodorant stick of Polo Red for $67 (but it is now back to $110). The other chemist near the Coles in Somerville has similarly had some really good specials over the years - and neither of these two chemists seemed to be stocking the exact same range of scents as Chemist Warehouse and Priceline.

Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 7th July 2016 at 02:38 AM.

My Beauty Spot always has the same scents as Chemist Warehouse, and the exact same prices on sales, but it also stocks the more expensive Tom Ford scents and others on occasion.

Now don't laugh at this suggestion - My beauty Spot is currently selling AC/DC Black Ice EDT at $9.99 a bottle. I've been wearing it for over a year since it first showed up at Woolworths for $10. I know one's first instinct is that anything sold that cheap must be rubbish or very cheap smelling (like The Police scents), but I really like the stuff and it doesn't smell at all cheap to my nose.

Thanks for the tip on Priceline. Their pricing has been somewhat peculiar lately - after years of seeing Azzaro Chrome there at $30 or $40 (or lower), the other day they were selling it at $110.

The other interesting sellers are Chemists who are either in obscure chains or not in chains at all. The one down in Carrum Downs a few shops away from Coles has some very good deals e.g. last month they were selling big gift sets with big bottles of aftershave and EDT and deodorant stick of Polo Red for $67 (but it is now back to $110). The other chemist near the Coles in Somerville has similarly had some really good specials over the years - and neither of these two chemists seemed to be stocking the exact same range of scents as Chemist Warehouse and Priceline.

Regards,
    Renato
    Pricelines pricing is only good for specials but make sure you double check chemist warehouse and other chains before purchasing. Mychemist stocks Chrome at $30 while Priceline had it for $35. They had Versace PH for $29 while chemist warehouse and other chains sold it at $50 which is a nice bargain.

Always love a nice cheapie, will try out that ACDC one soon Have you noticed the price of Voyage has increased? I grabbed a bottle for $12 not even a year ago and now it's $29. Ridiculous!

Pricelines pricing is only good for specials but make sure you double check chemist warehouse and other chains before purchasing. Mychemist stocks Chrome at $30 while Priceline had it for $35. They had Versace PH for $29 while chemist warehouse and other chains sold it at $50 which is a nice bargain.

Always love a nice cheapie, will try out that ACDC one soon Have you noticed the price of Voyage has increased? I grabbed a bottle for $12 not even a year ago and now it's $29. Ridiculous!
    No, I haven't been keeping track of Voyage, but you got an excellent deal - I've never seen it that cheap.

I kid you not - Priceline had Chrome for $110 at Frankston the other day - I actually leaned down and read the label in case it was the wrong one, but it wasn't.

Shame you weren't around four or five years ago when I posted about K-Mart clearing out their fragrances. I bought a big bottle of Chrome for $17, plus heaps of other 50ml bottles for between $10 and $15.
    Regards,
    Renato

No, I haven't been keeping track of Voyage, but you got an excellent deal - I've never seen it that cheap.

I kid you not - Priceline had Chrome for $110 at Frankston the other day - I actually leaned down and read the label in case it was the wrong one, but it wasn't.

Shame you weren't around four or five years ago when I posted about K-Mart clearing out their fragrances. I bought a big bottle of Chrome for $17, plus heaps of other 50ml bottles for between $10 and $15.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Priceline is a bit of a joke with their pricing. Don't know why they would persist to sell their fragrances at retail pricing when Chemist Warehouse and others are smashing them. $29 for Chrome at MyChemist compared to their $110 lol. Speaking of which, they are selling Versace PH 50ml for $85 now. Funny thing is at chemist warehouse, 100ml of Versace PH only costs $50. I hope someone knocks some sense into their pricing.

I even heard that Big W use to sell fragrances. Would have been nice to see some more stores with more variety.

Priceline is a bit of a joke with their pricing. Don't know why they would persist to sell their fragrances at retail pricing when Chemist Warehouse and others are smashing them. $29 for Chrome at MyChemist compared to their $110 lol. Speaking of which, they are selling Versace PH 50ml for $85 now. Funny thing is at chemist warehouse, 100ml of Versace PH only costs $50. I hope someone knocks some sense into their pricing.

I even heard that Big W use to sell fragrances. Would have been nice to see some more stores with more variety.
    Yes - sometimes I go to Priceline, and not one single scent behind the glass is on sale - with all the prices higher than the week before.
    They certainly have an odd pricing policy - but a great one when it works in your favour.

They never had a big range at Big W - some Calvin Kleins (I bought a cheap Obsession Night gift set there), some Joops, some Playboys.
    Regards,
    Renato

For those interested in YSL L'homme, keep an eye on chemist warehouse and their connections (mychemist etc). They were selling 100ml bottle for roughly $90 I think but now down to $70. Currently out of stock but hopefully they bring some back at that price.

For those interested in YSL L'homme, keep an eye on chemist warehouse and their connections (mychemist etc). They were selling 100ml bottle for roughly $90 I think but now down to $70. Currently out of stock but hopefully they bring some back at that price.
    Love me some L'Homme ! Thanks for sharing ! Haven't been able to keep up with the sales lately as other expenses have provided a blindfold for the inner-shopper...

Small sale at feelingsexy: https://www.facebook.com/feelingsexy...87771187929937
    " L'eau D'Issey 75ml EDT for Men by Issey Miyake - $44.95, Month Blanc Intense 50ml EDT for Men by Mont Blanc $39.95, Emblem Intense 60ml EDT for Men by Mont Blanc $39.95, Brit Rhythm Intense 90ml EDT for Men by Burberry $54.95"

- - - Updated - - -

Love me some L'Homme ! Thanks for sharing ! Haven't been able to keep up with the sales lately as other expenses have provided a blindfold for the inner-shopper...
    L'homme now back at $69 from epharmacy/chemist warehouse/mychemist etc.

Those branches have added new stock and dropped some of their prices. Some notably additions are Terre D'Hermes EDT 50ml ($60), Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EDT 50ml ($50), Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar ($40), Prada Luna Rossa 150ml ($90), Versace the Dreamer 100ml ($40), Bvlgari Soir 50ml ($30), Mr Burberry 50ml ($70), Burberry Brit 100ml ($49), Givenchy Gentlemen EDT 100ml ($50)
    Some Price adjustments I noticed were: Versus blue jeans down to $20 (~23 before), L'homme down to $69 from $89, Nautica Voyage down to $15 from ~29, Azzaro Chrome down to $29,99 from ~$35, Mont Blanc Legend 100ml down to $49,99 from $69,99. Pretty sure Polo black 200ml decreased in price since it's only $90 now. Same thing with Acqua Di Gio and Armani code as I suspect their largest size as dropped in price. Also, keep an eye out on what mls you are buying. Bvlgari Aqua Amara is $50 for 100ml or $50 for 50ml. Same deal with Burberry London. Watch out you don't pick the wrong one! Also with versace PH and EF, $50 gets you the 100mls while $45 gets you the 50mls.

Also, $2 until 18th of august from all those branches.

I think i'm done analysing them for now
    Last edited by willian22; 15th August 2016 at 04:27 AM.

Hahah I wouldn't be half surprised if you worked at a chemist yourself, William! Definitely thanks for the info though - have been keeping my eye out on the weekly catalogues from the local chemists. Seems like most of the sales are trying to hit the Father's Day season

Hahah I wouldn't be half surprised if you worked at a chemist yourself, William! Definitely thanks for the info though - have been keeping my eye out on the weekly catalogues from the local chemists. Seems like most of the sales are trying to hit the Father's Day season

Haha wouldn't mind working at a chemist instead of my job now! That probably explains all the sales, priceline have one too at the moment. I went off to chemist warehouse and they were stocking I think a 200ml bottle or thereabouts of farenheit for $120. They didn't sell that online. They had like 0 testers out for any fragrances and the guy didn't want to open any. How annoying!!

Small sale at feelingsexy: https://www.facebook.com/feelingsexy...87771187929937
    " L'eau D'Issey 75ml EDT for Men by Issey Miyake - $44.95, Month Blanc Intense 50ml EDT for Men by Mont Blanc $39.95, Emblem Intense 60ml EDT for Men by Mont Blanc $39.95, Brit Rhythm Intense 90ml EDT for Men by Burberry $54.95"

- - - Updated - - -

L'homme now back at $69 from epharmacy/chemist warehouse/mychemist etc.

Those branches have added new stock and dropped some of their prices. Some notably additions are Terre D'Hermes EDT 50ml ($60), Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EDT 50ml ($50), Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar ($40), Prada Luna Rossa 150ml ($90), Versace the Dreamer 100ml ($40), Bvlgari Soir 50ml ($30), Mr Burberry 50ml ($70), Burberry Brit 100ml ($49), Givenchy Gentlemen EDT 100ml ($50)
    Some Price adjustments I noticed were: Versus blue jeans down to $20 (~23 before), L'homme down to $69 from $89, Nautica Voyage down to $15 from ~29, Azzaro Chrome down to $29,99 from ~$35, Mont Blanc Legend 100ml down to $49,99 from $69,99. Pretty sure Polo black 200ml decreased in price since it's only $90 now. Same thing with Acqua Di Gio and Armani code as I suspect their largest size as dropped in price. Also, keep an eye out on what mls you are buying. Bvlgari Aqua Amara is $50 for 100ml or $50 for 50ml. Same deal with Burberry London. Watch out you don't pick the wrong one! Also with versace PH and EF, $50 gets you the 100mls while $45 gets you the 50mls.

Also, $2 until 18th of august from all those branches.

I think i'm done analysing them for now
    Thanks. Well done.
    Cheers,
    Renato

At Priceline Mornington today.

L'eau D' Issey Intense - A$33
    Nuit D'Issey Parfum - A$59
    Ed Hardy Skulls and Roses - A$19
    Joop Homme Sport - A$30
    Diesel Only the Brave (50ml) - A$25
    JPG Monsieur - A$29

Ed Hardy Skulls and Roses(women's) - A$17.70
    Lagerfeld Private Klub (women's) - A$38.5 (the mens one was $42, something cents)
    Bvlgari Jasmine Noir - A$54
    Cool Water Wave (30ml, Womens) - $11.70

And those are just the ones that I bought.
    Lot's of other bargains there - they seem to be having a big clearance.

My wife and i are both quite taken with the content of our respective Ed Hardy Skulls and Roses - even if the skull bottles are a tad off-putting.
    Cheers,
    Renato

P.S. Tom Ford Black Orchid - $129
    Last edited by Renato; 27th August 2016 at 08:53 AM.

For those people who use feelingsexy as their online store, just letting you know that they just got Ultra Zest by Thierry Mugler back in stock

For those people who use feelingsexy as their online store, just letting you know that they just got Ultra Zest by Thierry Mugler back in stock
    Thanks. Your post sent me looking at Ebay for several days.

Till 18 Sep, using the 20% coupon code at the top of the Ebay page, one can get a 100ml bottle of Ultra Zest for $93.60 including postage.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thierry-M...4AAOSwvg9XY~Na

This is a lot cheaper than what I would have had to pay for it in Europe and Dubai last year, and at Macy's in the USA this year.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 6th September 2016 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks. Your post sent me looking at Ebay for several days.

Till 18 Sep, using the 20% coupon code at the top of the Ebay page, one can get a 100ml bottle of Ultra Zest for $93.60 including postage.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thierry-M...4AAOSwvg9XY~Na

This is a lot cheaper than what I would have had to pay for it in Europe and Dubai last year, and at Macy's in the USA this year.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Nice! Speaking of which, do you use any ebay sellers at all?

Nice! Speaking of which, do you use any ebay sellers at all?
    I've used a few over the years. Never had a problem with any of the Aussie ones, nor with most of the foreign ones.
    Regards,
    Renato

Chemist warehouse are doing a bit of a sale at the moment. - I picked up a bottle of YSL L'Homme 100mL for $69.

Also Renato, the code CSUN20 doesn't seem to work with feelingsexy's eBay store?

Chemist warehouse are doing a bit of a sale at the moment. - I picked up a bottle of YSL L'Homme 100mL for $69.

Also Renato, the code CSUN20 doesn't seem to work with feelingsexy's eBay store?

Very nice! L'homme is an absolute beauty of a fragrance.
    The code is for fresh-cosmetics I believe, not feelingsexy. Using their code saves you around $14 compared to feelingsexy since you need to pay for shipping. Big flaw in their policy since you buy a fragrance for $99.95 but their free shipping policy is for orders of $100+

I was interested in buying from fresh-cosmetics but I have a tiny bit of doubts. Although, I was considering of pulling the pin on La Nuit De L'homme from fragrancenet in hope I get an older batch. That shipping cost is a real pain in the butt though