Code of Conduct

Default Vetiver fragrances ( easy to find ) similar to Guerlain H. Boisee and Sel de Vetiver, rcmdtions.

Im looking for something similar to Guerlain Homme Boisee or D.Company Sel de Vetiver.
    Not neccesary the classic or famous vetiver fragrances with Vetiver name and vetiver is dominant note as,
    Vetiver Extraordinaire , Encre Noir but noticiable and pleasant.

I have Guerlain Vetiver, Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre, Prada Vetiver, Carven Vetiver, a decant of Profumo Vetiver de Java Osmo and my next
    purchase is Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

I dont try Dior Eau Savage Parfum but notes sounds nice ! Bergamot, Myrrh, Vetiver but unfortunately is not available
    here in Tokyo.

ideas, recommendations ...not hard to find fragrances.
    Last edited by 1234567890; 28th June 2016 at 02:07 AM.
    My Top Favorites: Mitsouko,Houbigant Fougere Royale Jean Patou Homme & Privé. Kilian-A Taste of Heaven.Caron-3rd Man.Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur. YSL River Gauche.Satori Parfum - Satori . Satori-Mother Road 66. Diptique-Eau de Lavande. Creed Bois du Portugal.Nicolai New York. Chanel Pour Monsieur.Aramis Havana.Aramis Tuscany.Azzaro Pour Homme. Hermes Poivre Samarcande.Amouage Homage Attar. Amouage Memoir Man..LArtisan Dzing! Musc Ravageur.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Vetiver fragrances ( easy to find ) similar to Guerlain H. Boisee and Sel de Vetiver, rcmdtions.

Perhaps Bois Naufrage by Parfumerie Generale. Has similar vibe.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Vetiver fragrances ( easy to find ) similar to Guerlain H. Boisee and Sel de Vetiver, rcmdtions.

French Lover

Etro makes a nice smokey, earthy vetiver. One of the most wearable is Givenchy's Vetiver. It's not "challenging," per se, but it is quite nice.

One that combines both leather and Vetiver well is Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver. It's not a vetiver-centered fragrance, but the Vetiver note plays an integral role in this scent's supporting cast. The nice thing about this one is that it's much different from all the fragrances you'd named. I personally really enjoy it and reach for it often.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Vetiver Veritas by Heeley but the best stays Sycomore by Chanel

Encre Noire Sport!
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten
    - Amouage: Interlude

Terre D Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
    Currently wearing: Arabie by Serge Lutens

Piver Vetiver is a very under the radar fragrance worth trying.

Tuaer's Vetiver Dance although it's quite strong on vetiver. Reminds me of rainforest.

Carven does some nice vetivers old and new. Vetiver dry is my favourite from this line. It's more aromatic and herbal.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Encre Noire Sport!
    + 1 this! My SOTD, great stuff. Also Prada Infusion de Vetiver (from the new Infusions collection / 2015). It's great and the vetiver note is bright as in Sel de Vetiver.

X2 Encre Noire Sport and Infusion De Vetiver. The second is a very clean soapy vetiver.

I don't get any vetiver in Eau Sauvage Parfum. Very musty smelling. One of the few frags I own and do not like very much.

Grey Vetiver EDP is my go to vetiver. An all season scent.
    Currently wearing: Joop! Splash by Joop!

Bel Ami Vetiver

On me it is a vetiver bomb

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Piver Vetiver is a very under the radar fragrance worth trying.

Tuaer's Vetiver Dance although it's quite strong on vetiver. Reminds me of rainforest.

Carven does some nice vetivers old and new. Vetiver dry is my favourite from this line. It's more aromatic and herbal.
    Love the Piver -- hate the Tauer -- the Carven is a great 'bang for the buck' vetiver

Le Vetiver by Lubin is gorgeous and sexy imo

Perhaps also Yves Rocher Cuit Vetiver in the budget, but not low quality category
    Currently wearing: Ambré Noble by Zara

try Sel Marin

not as vetiver-centric but worth trying
    for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Annick Goutal Vetiver Cologne (the new one) is very nice in a light, citrusy, salty way, not a million miles from SdV. Shouldn't be hard to get hold of and it's not expensive.

Byredo Bal d'Afrique
    Fat Electrician, ELDO.
    favorites: santo incienso • azemour les oranger • eau de neroli dore • cedro di taormina • uae oud • byredo rodeo • le sillage blanc • piccadilly '69 • byredo la botte • monsieur houbigant musk • bibliothetique • sammarco bond-t • dusita Issara •

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Encre Noire Sport!
    +1...I came here to say this...nice ...fantastic price & easy to find and wear with longivity to boot !
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Edition by Dunhill

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Byredo Bal d'Afrique
    Fat Electrician, ELDO.
    Bal d'afrique has vetiver ? ....couldn't detect any ...all I can detect is a very pleasant smelling slightly feminine pleasing scent....couldn't detect any vetiver ....I need to revisit due to your post !

Most of these may not pass this "easy access" part, but excellent citrus vetivers are worth the extra effort:

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Racine / A citrus vetiver, bright like a neon light at night. Tender dry down of Javanese and Haitian vetiver with sandalwood and musk.
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes EDT / Vetiver is moonlighting here, good for those days where you're wanting a more mellow vetiver with a mineral spring and citrus spash.
    Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver EDP / Easily accessable sharp grapefruit and smoky Java vetiver.
    Parfums de Marly - Byerley / This one is more smooth and slightly sweet, but has the nice smoky dry vetiver with a fuzzy smoothness from benzoin like resins.

If I had to pick one of those 4 to go after based on your post it would be Racine.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    Bal d'afrique has vetiver ? ....couldn't detect any ...all I can detect is a very pleasant smelling slightly feminine pleasing scent....couldn't detect any vetiver ....I need to revisit due to your post !
    Yes bal d'afrique is built around vetiver but has many other notes which compare somewhat to Guerlain Homme Boisee which the original post was asking for similar fragrances. I like bal d'afrique a lot. This is the Luckyscent blurb about its ingredients: " At center stage is the ever-bewitching vetiver, earthy and spicy, and smoothed with sweet amber and warm musk until it becomes velvety and almost edible."
    favorites: santo incienso • azemour les oranger • eau de neroli dore • cedro di taormina • uae oud • byredo rodeo • le sillage blanc • piccadilly '69 • byredo la botte • monsieur houbigant musk • bibliothetique • sammarco bond-t • dusita Issara •

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Yes bal d'afrique is built around vetiver but has many other notes which compare somewhat to Guerlain Homme Boisee which the original post was asking for similar fragrances. I like bal d'afrique a lot. This is the Luckyscent blurb about its ingredients: " At center stage is the ever-bewitching vetiver, earthy and spicy, and smoothed with sweet amber and warm musk until it becomes velvety and almost edible."
    Thanks for the info. I will revisit this for sure....as u rightly pointed out ...it's a fantastic scent irrespective ....something about it makes me come back to it again & again but I never bothered to look at the notes details so thanks for digging it out for me....will look for it as soon as I reach home in some time later today

don't deceive with belief

Among the many great suggestions, let me tell you which one will NOT work - Eau Sauvage Parfum.

NOT a vetiver fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

Maybe consider Kenzo pour Homme Boisée / Woody by Kenzo
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    Im looking for something similar to Guerlain Homme Boisee or D.Company Sel de Vetiver.
    Not neccesary the classic or famous vetiver fragrances with Vetiver name and vetiver is dominant note as,
    Vetiver Extraordinaire , Encre Noir but noticiable and pleasant.

I have Guerlain Vetiver, Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre, Prada Vetiver, Carven Vetiver, a decant of Profumo Vetiver de Java Osmo and my next
    purchase is Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

I dont try Dior Eau Savage Parfum but notes sounds nice ! Bergamot, Myrrh, Vetiver but unfortunately is not available
    here in Tokyo.

ideas, recommendations ...not hard to find fragrances.
    Since you're in Tokyo and although I know it doesn't get a lot of love around here, there is a nice subtle vetiver hidden in the basenotes of CDG's Amazingreen:

I think many expected too much of this fragrance, I think it's quite easy to wear, can be worn for most occasions and it has a few interesting notes in there that are subtle when many expected it to be more bombastic or out-there especially coming from CDG.