Code of Conduct

Default Chanel No. 22 EdT in White Plastic Case

Can anyone estimate the time this was being produced? Box has a bar code. I do not have a batch code at this time. Off hand I would guess it is from either the 1990s or earlier 2000s, but I really do not know. Thank you. : )

s-l1600.jpg
    After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.

Christian Dior
    Currently wearing: Tomorrow by Avon

Default Re: Chanel No. 22 EdT in White Plastic Case

Hi, Oriane.
    My guess is that this is from the early to mid 90s.

The presence of a bar code is generally a good indicator that the product was made post-1990, although in the case of USA-made Chanel products, the bar codes may have appeared slightly earlier, say in 1989 or even 1988. I don't know this for certain, but I think it's possible.

That said, I do think this product dates to the 90s because there looks to be a small nub on the metal collar piece. Here's a closeup of what I'm talking about.

The 50ml plastic cases underwent a minor design change in the early to mid 1990s. These nubs, which help hold the cap in place, were added at that time. They're not found on the earlier 50ml sprays.

If the bottle pictured in your post is from the 2000s, it would be the most recent example of No.22 in a 50ml spray I have ever seen. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that experience suggests that Chanel stopped offering No.22 in the 50ml refillable spray format sometime in the mid 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Hi, Oriane.
    My guess is that this is from the early to mid 90s.

The presence of a bar code is generally a good indicator that the product was made post-1990, although in the case of USA-made Chanel products, the bar codes may have appeared slightly earlier, say in 1989 or even 1988. I don't know this for certain, but I think it's possible.

That said, I do think this product dates to the 90s because there looks to be a small nub on the metal collar piece. Here's a closeup of what I'm talking about.

The 50ml plastic cases underwent a minor design change in the early to mid 1990s. These nubs, which help hold the cap in place, were added at that time. They're not found on the earlier 50ml sprays.

If the bottle pictured in your post is from the 2000s, it would be the most recent example of No.22 in a 50ml spray I have ever seen. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that experience suggests that Chanel stopped offering No.22 in the 50ml refillable spray format sometime in the mid 90s.
    Thank you, RoRo! I consider you my Chanel expert you know.
    After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.

Christian Dior
    Currently wearing: Tomorrow by Avon

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    Thank you, RoRo! I consider you my Chanel expert you know.
    That's kind of you to say.
    As long as it's a post-1970 item, I'm happy to offer an opinion.