Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What are the best clones you have experienced first-hand?

Can be a clone of a Niche or Designer, popular or unpopular. But your genuine thoughts based on personal experience and not bandwagon the general idea of clones. Just curious.

Default Re: What are the best clones you have experienced first-hand?

The numerous One Million clones appearing, some of whom designer or at least celebrity fragrances on their own (not just mass-market) are pretty close to the original and sometimes good in their own right, including nut not limited to: Playboy VIP, Zara Gold, Antonio Banderas The Golden Secret
    Currently wearing: Khaliji by Al Rehab

Blog Entries

The obvious answer, Cool Water 1988 clone of Green Irish Tweed 1985. Coming out 2 years after the GIT, this is incredibly similar. Not exact but considering it is $21 and GIT is $275...it is close enough for most people. I know, I know...not exact, but I own both and non-creed fanboys can't tell the difference. I've had multiple people remark that they like my Cool Water, when I'm wearing GIT.
    I have a TON of Full Bottles/Decants/Samples for trade/sale. Montale, Oud Oils, Amouage, Mancera, Penhaligon's
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

LA Yuqawam which is a clone of Tuscan Leather. Another one that comes to mind is Tobac Rouge which is a good clone of Tobacco Vanille.

...'Noir' by Adnan B. More an 'effort' to a clone than a clone of Aventus...

Cheapies I like:

Jordan Flight is a "clone" of YSL's L'homme and it's quite pleasant.
    Cuba Gold is a softer Le Male.
    JPG's Kokorico is close to LIDG.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Men - I've tried Unpredictable Adventure, Fresco, Al dur al Maknoon Silver, Insurrection Pure II and Rival 1775 but the Armaf is still the closest. I still need to try Supremacy Silver and AB Spirit Silver, but not in a big rush since other reviews on here have tried and say CDNIM is closer. Still prefer Aventus but the Armaf is justifiable for the $30 price.

Bentley for Men Azure and Mont Blanc Legend - These are both close to A&F Fierce and I like both of these very much, and so does my wife.

90201 Metal Jeans Man - A really good, super-cheap vintage Fahrenheit clone that always surprises me when wearing with it's longevity and projection.

English Laundry Tahitian Waters - More smokey than Creed VIW but still quite similar.

Everlast Original 1910 - Pretty good cheap clone of Chanel Allure Homme Sport. I like Thallium Sport too but the Everlast is closer.

Méharées by L'Erbolario - Probably my favorite clone because it removes the stink notes from Musc Ravageur and just leaves you with the fantastic drydown.

Just Me for Men and 360 Red - good AdG clones. Not really a fan of the clones or the original but these clones are pretty close.

Perry Ellis M - This one is a really good Chanel Allure clone.

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi - Tuscan Leather imitator. Probably the closest clone to the original of all I've listed. Hard for me to tell these two apart.

KC Reaction Thermal - Although it doesn't project or last as long, I always get a strong Body Kouros vibe from this one.

Blog Entries

I second the vote for La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi...I just bought a bottle and it is identical to TF TL
    I have a TON of Full Bottles/Decants/Samples for trade/sale. Montale, Oud Oils, Amouage, Mancera, Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Men - I've tried Unpredictable Adventure, Fresco, Al dur al Maknoon Silver, Insurrection Pure II and Rival 1775 but the Armaf is still the closest. I still need to try Supremacy Silver and AB Spirit Silver, but not in a big rush since other reviews on here have tried and say CDNIM is closer. Still prefer Aventus but the Armaf is justifiable for the $30 price.
    Have you tried L'Aventure by Al Haramain? It's supposed to be quite a good Aventus clone.

Bentley for Men Azure and Mont Blanc Legend - These are both close to A&F Fierce and I like both of these very much, and so does my wife.

90201 Metal Jeans Man - A really good, super-cheap vintage Fahrenheit clone that always surprises me when wearing with it's longevity and projection.

English Laundry Tahitian Waters - More smokey than Creed VIW but still quite similar.

Everlast Original 1910 - Pretty good cheap clone of Chanel Allure Homme Sport. I like Thallium Sport too but the Everlast is closer.

Méharées by L'Erbolario - Probably my favorite clone because it removes the stink notes from Musc Ravageur and just leaves you with the fantastic drydown.

Just Me for Men and 360 Red - good AdG clones. Not really a fan of the clones or the original but these clones are pretty close.

Perry Ellis M - This one is a really good Chanel Allure clone.

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi - Tuscan Leather imitator. Probably the closest clone to the original of all I've listed. Hard for me to tell these two apart.

KC Reaction Thermal - Although it doesn't project or last as long, I always get a strong Body Kouros vibe from this one.
    2ND Armaf CNIM, L'erbolario, and Rasasi LYPH.

That's if we're talking about the French manufactured Armaf Club Nuit. I bought a back up bottle without realising the difference and it smells nothing like my original.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Joop! Splash by Joop!

The 2 I have first hand knowledge of are the following as I have all the 4 bottles...
    The classic D&G pour homme = Herrera for men
    The Aventus = Afnan supremacy Silver

I also find Tom ford Italian cypress very similar to classic polo green but that's not being listed as those 2 happen to be similar....I don't think Tom Ford actually went about creating a clone of classic polo green though I can guess that he might have been inspired by the same vibe !

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Advance for Men by Jeanne Arhes - very close in smell for me to Cedre Du Liban
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent In The Clowns View Post
    Have you tried L'Aventure by Al Haramain? It's supposed to be quite a good Aventus clone.
    I knew there was another I was missing, still need to try that one as well. Thanks for the reminder!

Blog Entries

I knew there was another I was missing, still need to try that one as well. Thanks for the reminder!
    Bond no 9 HTTP... NOT an exact clone of Aventus, but Tons of fresh pineapple and longevity/projection is excellent. Aventus without the smoke.

Dependent

All of these are very similar to another scent but I actually prefer the "clone" to the original

1. Phaedon Tabac rouge - Very similar to tobacco vanille
    2. Tres Nuit - Clone of GIT
    3. Meharees - Similar to Musc Ravageur
    4. Perry ellis Black vanilla absolute - Similar to Spirituese double vanilla (I wouldn't say its a perfect clone but its still awesome to me)
    5. La yuqawam pour homme - Tuscan leather

Worst: anything claiming to be a clone of aventus. At least so far.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 4th July 2016 at 03:45 PM.

Perry ellis red was good but not just like adg...
    Worst: play boy new York supposedly it is a legend/fierce clone but it has a cheap opening with sickening pineapple... The base is a decent vanilla but hate the opening and mid

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Although I prefer the originals by an epically large margin the following I find fair enough.

Cool Water - GIT
    Aspen - GIT
    Allure Homme - Uden
    Al Rehab - SMW
    Insurrection II - Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post

This one is interesting. From what I'm reading it's not a super exact clone but it seems to lean a bit more feminine? Sounds like something I'd like. Penny for your thoughts?

Blog Entries

Aqua Quorum by Antonio Puig -> Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren
    Samba Skin Man by Perfumer's Workshop -> A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by zmoneaux View Post
    This one is interesting. From what I'm reading it's not a super exact clone but it seems to lean a bit more feminine? Sounds like something I'd like. Penny for your thoughts?
    ...it is Aventus, but without it's projection and staying power...I like it (own them both)!

Basenotes Member

...it is Aventus, but without it's projection and staying power...I like it (own them both)!
    I just bought a bottle of this and get no similarly to Aventus at all, to me it smells similar to Bentley for men intense! No pineapple note whatsoever.
    Really strange 🤔

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Layuqawam Rasasi = Tuscan Leather
    Silver Shade by Ajmal = Silver Mountain Water
    The No.1 Oud by SSP = Black Afgano
    360 Red = Aqua D Gio
    Cool Water = GIT

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking for Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens (split, decant, bottle)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so much of clone, as much as "prequel", a hidden ancestor to Aventus:

although almost off-topic to this thread since not cloning Aventus and being released a few decades before, Lapidus pour Homme is considered sometimes (even here on BN) as one of the possible inspirations for Aventus, that is also quite affordable
    Currently wearing: Khaliji by Al Rehab

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Al Rehab Silver. It's a Silver Mountain Water clone, but to me, it smells like they dialed SMW's ink note way back, and the base is a bit soapier, almost as if it's 3/4 SMW and 1/4 Royal Water. I've gotten compliments on it and I know of at least two people who bought it after smelling it on me. One is a neighbor in my building, and another was a woman I was on a date with. She said I smelled really good & asked what I was wearing, so I told her about Silver. I didn't bother mentioning it was a clone since she's not familiar with Creed. I was wearing the spray version of Silver, but I had the roll on too, so I brought it out for her to smell. She loved it & immediately rolled it on the back of her hands, but she misheard me when I told her how much it costs.

She said something like "I get that you're into this stuff, but honestly, I could see why you'd pay so much for this. It does smell really good."

I said "WHAT?"
    "You said it's $300, right?"
    "No. It's three DOLLARS, not three hundred. On Amazon."
    "Oh, damn! What's the name again? How do you spell it?"

She whipped out her phone and bought it.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of clones. I'm only interested if I prefer the smell of the clone over the real thing, and in this case, I do. I think Silver is excellent. I prefer the spray version, mostly because I'm not a fan of roll ons.
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Oud Wood
    Endymion
    Dior Homme
    Grey Vetiver
    Fahrenheit
    Royal Oud
    Interlude Man
    Hanae Mori HM
    Pomelo Paradis
    Original Vetiver
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Millesime Imperial

federico mahora fm 335 Is a perfect clone of TF Oud Wood. Love mine.

Cool Water
    Aspen

Afnan Supremacy Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    I just bought a bottle of this and get no similarly to Aventus at all, to me it smells similar to Bentley for men intense! No pineapple note whatsoever.
    Really strange ��
    ...no pineapple but equally juicy fruity...!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shivsri View Post
    Afnan Supremacy Silver
    Came in to mention this as well.

I may be risking my health saying the Afnan improvement of Aventus. Having both, i find it hard dispelling such heresy
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Basenotes Member

I use a clone of Invictus called Victory Squadron (it is an almost exact clone) and it is as low as a $1.00 but yet it is as good as Invictus especially for its top notes. I use it for travel mostly.

My best clone that isn't a me too marketed clone, I would say is C.O. Bigelow Barber Elixir Blue or Bath & Body Works Ocean to Davidoff Cool Water (or Green Irish Tweed I guess.) Another good one is Bath & Body Works Whitewater Rush to Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Own this one and like it. Super inexpensive and can be found in the NYC wholesale fragrance district for under $10
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.