Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65
  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    There are currently eight scents in this line: Rose, Gardenia, Ambre, Oud, Vetiver, Neroli, Santal, and Tuberose and I believe they are all created by the talented Francis Kurkdjian. Have anyone tried any and what do you think of them? My understanding is that the Essence scents are only sold at Elie Saab boutiques, however I am curious if you can buy them at any retailers online? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Thanks for mentioning these. I hadn't heard of them. I'd be interested in smelling them, particularly the Gardenia. A couple of stores downtown carry Elie Saab and a check is in order to see if they have this line.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Thanks for mentioning these. I hadn't heard of them. I'd be interested in smelling them, particularly the Gardenia. A couple of stores downtown carry Elie Saab and a check is in order to see if they have this line.
    Please report when you have a chance to check it out.

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,572

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    My understanding is that the Essence scents are only sold at Elie Saab boutiques, however I am curious if you can buy them at any retailers online? Thanks in advance.
    Does the boutique ship to the US?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    I have Le Parfum Intense, and it is gorgeous. I not sniffed any of the the others, but I have seen some of them on eBay.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

    Gregory David Roberts

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Does the boutique ship to the US?
    I'm not sure Hednic. According to the store locator from Elie Saab website, there are two boutiques in HongKong, two in Germany ( Düsseldorf Douglas and Berlin Kaufhaus des Westens) , one in Geneva Switzerland, one in Torino Italy, two in Dubai, three in Saudia Arabia, one in Paris, two in London Harrod's, and one in Lebanon.

    This is the address of the boutique in Paris with no phone number or email.

    PARIS
    ELIE SAAB BOUTIQUE
    43, AVENUE FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT
    75008 PARIS

    PARIS
    Last edited by CapriDog; 4th July 2016 at 01:24 AM.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    I have Le Parfum Intense, and it is gorgeous. I not sniffed any of the the others, but I have seen some of them on eBay.
    It's an elegant honey orange blossom. Agree, it's very nice. I think I got my bottle from Fragrancenet for a song.

    Just checked on Fragtantica and it was also created by Mr. Kurkdjian. Sweet.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 4th July 2016 at 01:31 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Please report when you have a chance to check it out.
    Will be glad to.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Will be glad to.
    Thanks

  10. #10

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    I'm not sure Hednic. According to the store locator from Elie Saab website, there are two boutiques in HongKong, two in Germany ( Düsseldorf Douglas and Berlin Kaufhaus des Westens) , one in Geneva Switzerland, one in Torino Italy, two in Dubai, three in Saudia Arabia, one in Paris, two in London Harrod's, and one in Lebanon.

    This is the address of the boutique in Paris with no phone number or email.

    PARIS
    ELIE SAAB BOUTIQUE
    43, AVENUE FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT
    75008 PARIS

    PARIS
    If your only option is an indirect purchase, you can use the France shopper. I cannot recall her name now, but she will purchase for you in Paris. Someone else asked me about her. I must try to find her information again. Anyone else have it? She has very good references and by all accounts is very trustworthy.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

    Gregory David Roberts

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    If your only option is an indirect purchase, you can use the France shopper. I cannot recall her name now, but she will purchase for you in Paris. Someone else asked me about her. I must try to find her information again. Anyone else have it? She has very good references and by all accounts is very trustworthy.
    Is Suzan Becker the lady you were thinking about? I have not used her service but bought from her on EBay before and had great experience.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    I really cannot recall if that is her name or not, but it might be. I contacted her some time ago about L'Instant Magic which she confirmed is back in production and available in Paris. I have not been in contact with her since. She is probably the one I am thinking of. She does sell on eBay.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

    Gregory David Roberts

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Here is Dr. Turin's review of Essence No.4 Oud on Style.com/ Arabia

    http://arabia.style.com/beauty/beaut...erde-guerlain/

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    21,209

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    I wonder whether some of the big US stores sell them, like Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, or the like.

    I have the impression of having seen them, but could have been during my trip to France a couple of months ago.

    cacio

  15. #15

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    they are all very nice

    well worth trying

    I particularly like the Gardenia one
    for swap/sale:



  16. #16
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,572

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    I'm not sure Hednic. According to the store locator from Elie Saab website, there are two boutiques in HongKong, two in Germany ( Düsseldorf Douglas and Berlin Kaufhaus des Westens) , one in Geneva Switzerland, one in Torino Italy, two in Dubai, three in Saudia Arabia, one in Paris, two in London Harrod's, and one in Lebanon.

    This is the address of the boutique in Paris with no phone number or email.

    PARIS
    ELIE SAAB BOUTIQUE
    43, AVENUE FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT
    75008 PARIS

    PARIS
    Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  17. #17
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I wonder whether some of the big US stores sell them, like Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, or the like.

    I have the impression of having seen them, but could have been during my trip to France a couple of months ago.

    cacio
    Thanks Cacio. I checked Bergdorf Goodman and Saks websites but no avail. Did you remember how they smelled and any scent is of your liking?

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    they are all very nice

    well worth trying

    I particularly like the Gardenia one
    Sweet. Lucky you there are two stores in UAE. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
    You are welcome! I will keep you posted if I find any additional info.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Cazaubon and I went downtown today to check the major sellers and the line is not available here, as suspected. Pity.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  19. #19
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Cazaubon and I went downtown today to check the major sellers and the line is not available here, as suspected. Pity.
    Thanks for trying. I guess they don't need our $ then :-)

  20. #20
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,572

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Neos 1911 in Italy carries the line but not La Collection Des Essences. They ship internationally. I e-mailed them to see if they were going to carry the Collection. I'll share any response I get from them.

    http://www.neos1911.com/navigate-by-...-parfums-.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Thanks for trying. I guess they don't need our $ then :-)
    The stores all carry the regular line but not Essences. Reminds me of the Prada special line sold only in their boutiques in certain cities. i would love to patronize both those lines but my policy is if you want me to buy your perfume, bring it to a store downtown. The same thing happened with the Chanel Exclusifs. They didn't have them in the Chanel boutique here at first because way back when the line came out it was only sold in storefront boutiques and the one here is on the second floor of Holt Renfrew. I and apparently other people called Chanel to ask them to make the line available and--they did! Of course since then distribution has been widened in general.
    Last edited by FiveoaksBouquet; 6th July 2016 at 02:03 AM.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Neos 1911 in Italy carries the line but not La Collection Des Essences. They ship internationally. I e-mailed them to see if they were going to carry the Collection. I'll share any response I get from them.

    http://www.neos1911.com/navigate-by-...-parfums-.html
    That'd be great Hednic!

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    The stores all carry the regular line but not Essences. Reminds me of the Prada special line sold only in their boutiques in certain cities. i would love to patronize both those lines but my policy is if you want me to buy your perfume, bring it to a store downtown. The same thing happened with the Chanel Exclusifs. They didn't have them in the Chanel boutique here at first because way back when the line came out it was only sold in storefront boutiques and the one here is on the second floor of Holt Renfrew. I and apparently other people called Chanel to ask them to make the line available and--they did! Of course since then distribution has been widened in general.
    My local Saks and Bloomingdales still don't carry the Chanel exclusive line though I am able to get them via Chanel online so it's all good.

  23. #23
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    I was able to find an email from an Elie Saab boutique in Paris (boutique.rpt.fr@eliesaab.com) and below is their response.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Dear,



    Thank you for your interest in ELIE SAAB.


    Unfortunately, shipping liquids is not allowed by our government.


    The price of each perfume 205€.


    Is there any chance that you have someone travelling from Paris to your country? This could be an option.



    Kindest regards,
    Daniel

    Envoyé de mon iPhone

    -----------------------------------------------

    So I am going to scratch this one off the list and will write to other stores/locations if I can find their emails .

  24. #24
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,572

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    It's interesting how some companies and retailers in France have absolutely no qualms about sending fragrances abroad, yet some are adamantly opposed to doing so.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    These have cought my attention when I was in Berlin. They are sold by KaDeWe. And they might ship internationally. I only sampled them and not bought them. But I am keeping an eye on eBay out for these. They are extremely well made and the limited distribution makes them all the more attractive. (yes that marketing trick works on me...) Liked the oud and ambre instantly. Online Candy perfume boy is very positive about rose, luca turin 4 stars for oud and gardenia. Since the zegna essenze line nothing got me buzzing more to get the whole line as this one. Since niche are getting into mainstream, designer getting into niche is an interesting option.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk

  26. #26

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    I have seen these online and photos of the bottles. I got the idea they are ES version of the Armani Prive,Chanel Exclusifs, etc, so a niche range with the normal ES and the flankers.

    Not a fan of any of the normal ES or the flankers.
    DONNA

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by jpdnkr View Post
    These have cought my attention when I was in Berlin. They are sold by KaDeWe. And they might ship internationally. I only sampled them and not bought them. But I am keeping an eye on eBay out for these. They are extremely well made and the limited distribution makes them all the more attractive. (yes that marketing trick works on me...) Liked the oud and ambre instantly. Online Candy perfume boy is very positive about rose, luca turin 4 stars for oud and gardenia. Since the zegna essenze line nothing got me buzzing more to get the whole line as this one. Since niche are getting into mainstream, designer getting into niche is an interesting option.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info!

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I have seen these online and photos of the bottles. I got the idea they are ES version of the Armani Prive,Chanel Exclusifs, etc, so a niche range with the normal ES and the flankers.

    Not a fan of any of the normal ES or the flankers.
    A few of them have good/decent reviews but it's just hard to be able to sample or even blind-buying.

  28. #28
    Super Member ceaiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Just ordered the Vetiver from Sephora.fr... they seem to make deliveries to Romania.
    Anyone else bought from this line?
    Hermes Vetiver Tonka
    Chanel Sycomore
    Chanel Coromandel
    Prada Soleil au Zenith
    Dior Oud Ispahan
    Guerlain Tonka Imperiale

  29. #29
    Basenotes Plus

    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,210

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by ceaiu View Post
    Just ordered the Vetiver from Sephora.fr... they seem to make deliveries to Romania.
    Anyone else bought from this line?
    Lucky you and congrats! Don't forget to share you thought whenever you have a chance.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Elie Saab - La Collection des Essences

    I own the neroli, it's quite different not your typical neroli. The one I regret not buying was the Cuir Bourbon
    My top 30

    1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Baccarat Rouge 540
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Sleek Suede / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Layton
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X




Similar Threads

  1. La Collection des Essences by Elie Saab
    By mikeperez23 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13th January 2019, 08:00 AM
  2. Elie Saab Le Parfum
    By DreamerII in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27th October 2011, 12:21 AM
  3. Article: Elie Saab debuts first fragrance
    By Judith Brockless in forum Article Comments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11th September 2011, 03:31 AM
  4. Elie Saab (2011)
    By Aiona in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th September 2011, 06:42 AM
  5. BPI signs 10-year fragrance deal with Elie Saab
    By MFfan310 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st October 2009, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000