Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default New: Camelia Intrepide and Emeraude Agar from Atelier Cologne Metal Collection!

From NST:

Atelier Cologne Camelia Intrepide & Emeraude Agar - new fragrances

Atelier Cologne will launch Camelia Intrepide and Emeraude Agar, two new additions to the brand's Cologne Métal collection, this fall.

Both scents were developed by perfumer Jérôme Epinette.

Camelia Intrepide (shown) ~ With lemon, bergamot, camellia leaves, rose, white leather and amber.

Emeraude Agar ~ with bergamot, angelica, black pepper, geranium, rose, eucalyptus, agarwood, sandalwood and gaiac wood.

Atelier Camelia Intrepide and Emeraude Agar will be available in 30, 100 and 200 ml Cologne Absolue.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: New: Camelia Intrepide and Emeraude Agar from Atelier Cologne Metal Collection!

They are really churning out the releases. Wow!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: New: Camelia Intrepide and Emeraude Agar from Atelier Cologne Metal Collection!

Thanks for the info.
    Currently wearing: Rykiel Man by Sonia Rykiel

Eucalyptus and Angelica

Sound nice
    for swap/sale:

The agar actually sounds interesting. I was surprised to see the note as camellia leaf. I have no scent associations with the leaf. Sasanqua camellia flowers have a pleasant white floral aroma (almost exactly the same as the flowers of camellia sinensis, i.e. Tea bushes).
    Touched by his noodly appendage 😇
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Thanks for info, notes on both of 'em look interesting!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    That's what I was thinking......
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

Thanks for the heads-up, hednic. Are these two new ones designated for men? Agreed they are churning them out at a whirlwind pace. Jérôme Épinette must be a very busy guy. I like the house vibe and enjoy several of the scents (wearing Oud Saphir today) but I don't understand the business model. They have six different collections, constantly expanding. The sales figures must show that people flock to each new scent. I'm wondering if now that they're owned by L'Oréal culling of some lesser selling scents could begin.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle." Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, hednic. Are these two new ones designated for men? Agreed they are churning them out at a whirlwind pace. Jérôme Épinette must be a very busy guy. I like the house vibe and enjoy several of the scents (wearing Oud Saphir today) but I don't understand the business model. They have six different collections, constantly expanding. The sales figures must show that people flock to each new scent. I'm wondering if now that they're owned by L'Oréal culling of some lesser selling scents could begin.
    They're really prominent at Sephora. The last time I was in there they had their discovery sets in those little tins right at the front of the store.
    Currently wearing: Super Man by Al Rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    They're really prominent at Sephora. The last time I was in there they had their discovery sets in those little tins right at the front of the store.
    Yes, they have very good placement in Sephora and the SAs will make you a sample of any ones you want to try.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle." Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Thanks for the heads-up, hednic. Are these two new ones designated for men?
    I think they are both intended to be unisex.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think they are both intended to be unisex.
    Thank you.

I wonder what the camelia leaves smell like.

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Thanks, Jive.

For anybody who's been wondering how Atelier's been managing to create citrus fragrances with such good longevity, there's an interesting explanation of what "Cologne Absolue" is at around the 7:45 mark. It basically explains how the fragrances are loaded with top notes, and as opposed to the structure of a pyramid, their fragrances have more of an "hourglass" structure. I found this interesting because especially with their more recent releases (Cedrat Envirant, Pomelo Paradis, Bergamot Soleil, etc.) we're seeing citrus-based fragrances with surprisingly good longevity.

I only started paying attention to Atelier in the last year or so, but really like they're style. Emeraude Agar looks like it could be pretty good!
    Last edited by Buysblind; 10th July 2016 at 08:44 PM.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    They sure are. There's a new Clementine California scent on the way too.
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Endymion
    Nio
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Grey Vetiver
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    Bergamote Soleil
    Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Pomelo Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Thanks for this news. Still another to look forward to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    For anybody who's been wondering how Atelier's been managing to create citrus fragrances with such good longevity, there's an interesting explanation of what "Cologne Absolue" is at around the 7:45 mark. It basically explains how the fragrances are loaded with top notes, and as opposed to the structure of a pyramid, their fragrances have more of an "hourglass" structure. I found this interesting because especially with their more recent releases (Cedrat Envirant, Pomelo Paradis, Bergamot Soleil, etc.) we're seeing citrus-based fragrances with surprisingly good longevity.

I only started paying attention to Atelier in the last year or so, but really like they're style. Emeraude Agar looks like it could be pretty good!
    I enjoy Bergamote Soleil quite a bit. I'm debating buying a 30ml in fact.

I find most of their scents to be just a top & base, and that's it, but done in a pleasing way. It makes sense since their scents are basically all about extending the life of fleeting notes.

I get surprisingly good longevity from Pomelo Paradise, Bergamote Soleil and even Oolang Infini, with the only caveat being that they wear better in summer, similar, in that sense, to how Millesime Imperial blooms in summer but clings to skin to the point of seeming like it's barely there in winter. Bergamote Soleil wears surprisingly well year round (though temps rarely dip below freezing where I live, so my winter might be more like your late fall or early spring).

I do think they should be priced closer to $80 rather than $120 for a 100ml. The 30ml should be more like $50 or $60, and for $25, the travel size should be 10ml, not 7. It'll be interesting to see if they start hitting discounters now that they've been bought out. Maybe a year from now?
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Endymion
    Nio
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Grey Vetiver
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    Bergamote Soleil
    Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Pomelo Paradis

I enjoy Bergamote Soleil quite a bit. I'm debating buying a 30ml in fact.

I find most of their scents to be just a top & base, and that's it, but done in a pleasing way. It makes sense since their scents are basically all about extending the life of fleeting notes.

It's funny you say this because the guy in the video basically admits just this: that their fragrances are a top and base, that the mid is more or less non-existent.

I get surprisingly good longevity from Pomelo Paradise, Bergamote Soleil and even Oolang Infini, with the only caveat being that they wear better in summer, similar, in that sense, to how Millesime Imperial blooms in summer but clings to skin to the point of seeming like it's barely there in winter. Bergamote Soleil wears surprisingly well year round (though temps rarely dip below freezing where I live, so my winter might be more like your late fall or early spring).

I do think they should be priced closer to $80 rather than $120 for a 100ml. The 30ml should be more like $50 or $60, and for $25, the travel size should be 10ml, not 7. It'll be interesting to see if they start hitting discounters now that they've been bought out. Maybe a year from now?
    at
    I guess you're talking about as they're sold in brick and mortars and places online like Luckyscent, because you can generally find the 100's for at least $100 now, sometimes less. Unless of course it's from one of their more expensive "collections." Then the prices get pretty steep.

But I agree with you, I think at $80 MSRP for a 100ml they could gain an even bigger following, and $80 seems just right for their fragrances.
    !!!!!!

Blog Entries

!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you're talking about as they're sold in brick and mortars and places online like Luckyscent, because you can generally find the 100's for at least $100 now, sometimes less.
    Well well well... you're RIGHT! The only ones I'm seeing for Bergamote Soleil are 1oz bottles for $40 on ebay, but that's $10 less than the $50 I said the 1oz should sell for, and it comes with a leather case, which is a nice bonus. That's enough for me to bite. BOUGHT!
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Endymion
    Nio
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Grey Vetiver
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    Bergamote Soleil
    Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Pomelo Paradis

Although it won't be released as a full bottle until 2017, I just found out that you can get a hold of Clementine California now in a 7.5ml spray. It's part of the Necessaire Nomade Exclusive Set at Sephora.

I just found about these "Necessaire" sets. I like how they're arranged in what sort of looks like a metal colored pencil box, and there are a few sets which offer some good variety in the Atelier line.

Here's the one with Clementine California

Camelia Intrepide is now available for purchase at Sephora.

I have a sample of Agar coming. BTW, Citron d'Erable is quite attractive.
    Some tortures are physical,
    Some are mental,
    The one that is both,
    Is dental.

Ogden Nash
    Currently wearing: Classical by Anat Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    Citron d'Erable is quite attractive.
    Unfortunately this one still only available in Canada.

They have a tester bottle and samples of Émeraude Agar in Etiket in Montréal. I tried it and found the intial notes an indistinctive blend, which became lightly woody in a very few minutes, then disappeared. I sprayed it all over my forearm, then repeated that twice during the visit to the store, and still it did not last. Just now put some on my wrist from a sample, to give it another chance outside the perfumed ambiance of the store. I do like its soft, clean woodiness and think it could be very easy to wear but feel I may be missing something, maybe anosmic to a note?

They have a tester bottle and samples of Émeraude Agar in Etiket in Montréal.
    Still haven't seen this in my local area, but looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Still haven't seen this in my local area, but looking forward to it.
    I hope it turns up soon because I'd like to hear more impressions. After about a half hour the geranium note is coming through loud and clear!

After about 3-1/2 hours I can still smell it, the base notes of oud and woods. Not a geranium fan but I like the drydown.

After about 3-1/2 hours I can still smell it, the base notes of oud and woods.
    That sounds good. I like that base.

They have a tester bottle and samples of Émeraude Agar in Etiket in Montréal. I tried it and found the intial notes an indistinctive blend, which became lightly woody in a very few minutes, then disappeared. I sprayed it all over my forearm, then repeated that twice during the visit to the store, and still it did not last. Just now put some on my wrist from a sample, to give it another chance outside the perfumed ambiance of the store. I do like its soft, clean woodiness and think it could be very easy to wear but feel I may be missing something, maybe anosmic to a note?
    Thats unfortunate. I have used it twice and its beautiful to me. Shows you how one person loves it, the next not so much. Seems to happen with most scents doesn't it.
    Some tortures are physical,
    Some are mental,
    The one that is both,
    Is dental.

Ogden Nash
    Currently wearing: Classical by Anat Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    Thats unfortunate. I have used it twice and its beautiful to me. Shows you how one person loves it, the next not so much. Seems to happen with most scents doesn't it.
    Do any particularly attracting notes stand out for you?