Code of Conduct

Default Scent bottle stoppers needed:

Hi all,

I am a sometime collector/buyer/seller of small Silver items.

Pecils, cigarette cases, Vestas, trays, …all kinds of stuff really…including Silver perfume/scent bottles, hence my request.

I have a small collection of these but only have two of the cut glass stoppers so they are incomplete.

I need to get my hands on some but can't, tried ebay but when I search it just brings up every kind but the ones I need!

I am enclosing a pic to show what I need, if anyone knows of anywhere I could get hold of any, 5cm is the size of the bottle, I would be a happy chappie.

Very best regards,

Default Re: Scent bottle stoppers needed:

1.jpg

What I also should have asked, if anyone could even tell me what they are called?
    Do they have a particular name, for the shape.
    Might help now a picture is there to look at....sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by terriers View Post
    Hi all,

I am a sometime collector/buyer/seller of small Silver items.

Pecils, cigarette cases, Vestas, trays, …all kinds of stuff really…including Silver perfume/scent bottles, hence my request.

I have a small collection of these but only have two of the cut glass stoppers so they are incomplete.

I need to get my hands on some but can't, tried ebay but when I search it just brings up every kind but the ones I need!

I am enclosing a pic to show what I need, if anyone knows of anywhere I could get hold of any, 5cm is the size of the bottle, I would be a happy chappie.

Very best regards,

I've not heard these called by any particular name. "Scent bottle stopper" is exactly what I would call them. You might want to try asking someone from the International Perfume Bottle Association if there's anyone out there selling these or making reproductions.

I don't think it's a big deal when they're missing because they're not a unique element. It's like if they were missing a cork. It's not like when a commercial perfume bottle is missing its stopper. I have maybe 30 scent bottles and I couldn't tell you which ones are missing them and which ones aren't. That's just my opinion. I can understand the opposite viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by beleriand View Post
    I've not heard these called by any particular name. "Scent bottle stopper" is exactly what I would call them. You might want to try asking someone from the International Perfume Bottle Association if there's anyone out there selling these or making reproductions.

I don't think it's a big deal when they're missing because they're not a unique element. It's like if they were missing a cork. It's not like when a commercial perfume bottle is missing its stopper. I have maybe 30 scent bottles and I couldn't tell you which ones are missing them and which ones aren't. That's just my opinion. I can understand the opposite viewpoint.
    Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to post.
    I could see your point usually but these Silver scent bottles are in demand by collectors, but, collectors are very fussy, the item has to be as close to perfect as possible so a missing stopper is a definite put off, fair enough they are paying for what they want.
    I will try Perfume Bottle Association though, good idea.
    Proble when searching for "Scent bottle stopper" it brings up countless pages with hundreds of variations which is why I was hoping they may have a particular name likedomed, flat top etc.
    I will keep looking.
    Thanks again.

maybe "internal stopper"

Thanks,
    Just tried it, no luck.
    Thanks though,
    Bill.

I did a search using the term Glass perfume stopper -bottle

It returned stoppers with describers such as "Flat Penny Stopper" "Shank Chisel Stopper" "Glass Ball Stopper." Perhaps you could try searching for some of these.

Good luck.

I will have a look. I did have some but I don't remember exactly where they are. What is the diameter and the depth of the bottle neck?
    The PONK club - gymnosium for perfumers (NOTE:- New club matters on hold whilst I care for my mum)

Twitter - @PonkClub for regular twitter updates

My Tincture list

A perfumed life - Tinctures, perfumes, cordials, wines and ingredients

Really!
    I have four of outwardly the same dimensions, the stopper size is a different scenario.
    Would have thought it would be a one size fits all but oh no!
    They are
    14x10
    12x8
    11x7
    11x10
    Or as near as, I am measuring with an ordinary tape by eye.
    I have bigger and smaller bottles also,
    Thanks for even trying.
    Regards,
    Bill.

That's great!
    Thanks so much.
    Everytime I have searched I have always used the word "bottle" in there somewhere, as in bottle stopper.
    Just by using your term Glass perfume stopper you have brought up the exact name of the one I am looking for SHANK CHISEL STOPPER
    At least I now know what I am looking for!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    I did a search using the term Glass perfume stopper -bottle

It returned stoppers with describers such as "Flat Penny Stopper" "Shank Chisel Stopper" "Glass Ball Stopper." Perhaps you could try searching for some of these.

Good luck.