Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Uomo Salvatore Ferragamo

I came across this in the department store yesterday and got a couple of samples. I was impressed,its a nice gourmand. The tiramisu note gives it a nice chocolate smell bit of coffee. The dry down reminds me of La Nuit a bit. I think gourmand fans will like this.
    Has anyone here got a chance to smell this ? Im curious what your thoughts are
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/S...amo-39466.html

Default Re: Uomo Salvatore Ferragamo

Very, almost syrupy sweet. A cross between La Nuit de L'Homme, Azzaro Decibel and Givenchy Play Intense. Starts off with a fresh tiramisu similar to sweet licorice in Decibel, in the dry down it changes into sweet spicy La Nuit de L'Homme with parts of Decibel remaining and some tonka coffee of Play Intense. A catchy and tasty, but...generic and it smells as a mix of everything popular in a sweet genre.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofAccra View Post
    I came across this in the department store yesterday and got a couple of samples. I was impressed,its a nice gourmand. The tiramisu note gives it a nice chocolate smell bit of coffee. The dry down reminds me of La Nuit a bit. I think gourmand fans will like this.
    Has anyone here got a chance to smell this ? Im curious what your thoughts are
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/S...amo-39466.html
    May I ask which department store did you find this in?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    May I ask which department store did you find this in?
    The Bay, I live in Canada. They're really pushing this one, they took the Dior Sauvage displays out and replaced them with this.

Very good for the price, at least the personal testing experiences with this one went unexpectedly well

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofAccra View Post
    The Bay, I live in Canada. They're really pushing this one, they took the Dior Sauvage displays out and replaced them with this.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Funny you should post this, I was just looking into this scent yesterday. Interested in what other B'Noters have to say.....
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

Seems like this might be something for me. I ignored it first because the bottle looked tacky on the pictures, and Salvatore Ferragamo is an unknown brand to me, but on closer inspection the bottle look really classy. After what I have read, I might just blind buy it.

So I just ordered a bottle. This one got a lot of good reviews on Fragrantica. It will take a week to get here, but I really look forward to test it.

So I got my bottle today. Initial impression is not raving enthusiasm. It smells good, but I don't feel it stands out in any way. When you collect fragrances and you have many bottles, you want something that stands out and get noticed. This just blends in like a typical sweet cosy fragrance that will hardly get noticed. First association is the sweet smell of tobacco paper or a new packet of cigarettes you just opened. Then the tonka is underneath supporting that. Right now I don't detect much more.

So I've been using Uomo for a few days now, and I'm linking it more and more. The sweetness in this makes it a perfect fragrance for a cold autumn day. I've been switching between this and 1 Million Prive, and I feel they are pretty similar. Uomo has better sillage, but I can't decide which I like better. They both are just so cosy. I'm really happy I bought this bottle.

Hi folks, i just purchased a bottle of this and would like to add to my BN wardrobe. It doesnt appear to be in the database though, or at least my searches havent found anything. Anyone offer some assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Man View Post
    Hi folks, i just purchased a bottle of this and would like to add to my BN wardrobe. It doesnt appear to be in the database though, or at least my searches havent found anything. Anyone offer some assistance?
    ya i havent found it either.
    Admins, please add this fragrance to the database
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    So I've been using Uomo for a few days now, and I'm linking it more and more. The sweetness in this makes it a perfect fragrance for a cold autumn day. I've been switching between this and 1 Million Prive, and I feel they are pretty similar. Uomo has better sillage, but I can't decide which I like better. They both are just so cosy. I'm really happy I bought this bottle.
    not a bad scent
    Last edited by joov84; 9th December 2016 at 06:38 AM.
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Admin has advised it's been added. On one spray on the wrist, i like a lot.

Marc just gave this a raving first impression. I love this fragrance and wonder why it's not more hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFzpQ539DgM

It's very nice. Quality scent. I think a lot of people here will like it

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    It's very nice. Quality scent. I think a lot of people here will like it
    I really like it. Seems to be a little polarising however.

I think it's fantastic. I have been loving it and getting many compliments on it. It's quite strong and persistent, which means it can get cloying if sprayed too heavily and too close to my nose. Otherwise it's pure gourmand heaven.
    Summer Rotation:
    Dior Homme Sport
    Terre D’Hermes Eau Vetiver
    Riverside Drive Bond No 9
    Guerlain Homme Idéal Cologne
    Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme
    Zegna Z Milan Edition

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

It's not a sickly, pudding-like gourmand though; it has a cleaner finish. It's like a cross between Dior Homme intense, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal and La Nuit de (as people have mentioned). AND...it's available at very resonable prices. Check it out.

Is this worth blind buying? Big fan of La nuit De L'homme and it is meant to be quite similar?

Quote Originally Posted by El-manos007 View Post
    Is this worth blind buying? Big fan of La nuit De L'homme and it is meant to be quite similar?
    First off, I really like Ferragamo Uomo, but a lot of people don't. Definitely not a blind buy IMO, but depending where you are it shouldn't be to hard to find in dept stores to try out.
    Also, I don't think it's anywhere near similar to La NUit de L'homme.

Blog Entries

I think it is little bit of F Black meets Michael Jordan Legend so I can find the La Nuit comparison due to the F Black pepper note. That said, it isn't a blind buy.

I have 10ml of this, it's a sweet scent, but not a super spicy scent. Someone mentioned "syrupy" and think that's a good descriptor.

If you're a fan of sweet scents, definitely check this out. It's probably my 3rd or even 2nd favorite scent in my collection.
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

In my opinion, it's as sweet as a scent can get. Definitely gourmand, it bears no resemblance to La Nuit de L'Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    Excellent scent and performance. Buy before the dreaded reformulation.
    Will there be one? Or is it speculation since every half-decent fragrance gets a reformulation? :P
    Speaking of, This is the man who supplied me with my Ferragamo Uomo. Also picked up Dior Suavage,
    Yves Ultime, and Spicebomb. All sweet scents to my nose, but I prefer the Uomo. Just
    works better on my skin. Not that any of the ones I mentioned are bad, but Ferragamo is that much better.
    I'm almost certainly going to pick up a larger amount in the very near future.

Spicebomb was good, and I can see why it's popular right now with a certain crowd. but it reminds me too
    much of my late teens/early 20s when I was into Blue Jeans by Versace and Curve. Sort of gives off a young
    person's clubbing cologne vibe to me, but that's probably due to nostalgia. I think that's why i like the Ferragamo;
    it's sweet but not sickly sweet/spicy like a couple of my favorite earlier colognes. Anyone wear ferragamo clothing?
    I have a belt that was gifted to me, extremely high quality. Been looking at some of their shoes, particularly the
    monk straps. Great shoes (got to check 'em out in person) but at that price point, I'd expect more quality
    control (leather was absolutely top notch and perfect, but the stitching had a couple flaws -- normal for $100-$200
    shoes, but that shouldn't happen on $600 shoes).
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

I found this thread to save posting a new one.

This one had slipped under my radar. I'd never heard of or tried it until like a week ago I came across it on some guy's YouTube review. It sounded like it would be my thing (he said a sweet tiramisu gourmand) so I ordered a 100ml and tried it today for the first.. My first impressions are that I love it! In my view, it's one of the best new fragrances that I've came across in a while. AntonPan describes it pretty accurately IMO. I may enjoy it more than him but he doesn't seem to be overly negative on it.. sounds like he just posted his neutral opinion, a description of what it smells like to him which I happen to agree with.

I feel it's got some New Haarlem going on but I actually like this much better. It's like a new take on that style of gourmand. It's sweet (very sweet actually, so maybe sample first if you're cautious about sweet scents).. it's chocolately, syrupy, coffee. It's kinda crazy.. but in my opinion it works! Like some of the better elements of whats popular today done in a nice sweet coffee/chocolate gourmand. It feels really well done to me.

Another good point for me is that it's not rip off/clone of other fragrances on the market like most new releases.. I've not really smelled anything that I'd call exactly similar before. It borrows elements but in it's own way it is unique. I think as previous posters said there is a little bit of La Nuit DNA in the background there too done, probably from cardamom.. not a bad thing. I think there's also some other fragrance that it reminds me of but I just can't put my finger on it right now.. maybe it will come to me later.

Performance seems top notch so far also.. very strong. Like real strong as modern fragrances go. I was surprised actually at how powerful it seemed when I sprayed it on. I can see me wearing this more over Winter. I think I'll order another bottle as someone said, in case there is a dreaded reformulation.

Anyways, thumbs up from me. I really like it.

Banned

Tried a sample of this today and I really like it. Its a modern gourmand which differentiates itself with a great Tiramisu accord that is served with a healthy slug of Ambroxan. Definitely agree that it swerves in New Haarlems lane with a sprinkle of La Nuit thrown in for a good measure and whilst it clones neither it will remind you of both which is a good thing.

Great performance, can be cloying if oversprayed. I really dig the Tiramisu as its quite evocative and unique. Ladies will be looking at you like a snack when you stroll by as they lick their lips!

May have to throw it on the splits at some point as its definitely not a summery scent but quite decent overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    So I just ordered a bottle. This one got a lot of good reviews on Fragrantica. It will take a week to get here, but I really look forward to test it.
    UOMO Signature is nice too. I purchased it at my local Marshalls store. My son took it . If you see it at or below $50...take it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk