Code of Conduct

Default do you wear tank tops?

I only own 2 tank tops so far and might be looking for more since summer is almost over these will be on sale. I wonder if you guys shave your arm pits to wear this stuff?

Also, I wear a size smaller than my regular size when it comes to tank tops. It was good advice. I thought I should share it.
    Last edited by snifsnif; 24th August 2016 at 06:17 AM.
    I don't ever pay full price for a gift card, some of your favorite stores have gift cards selling for over 10% off. Buy them from Giftcard Granny:

https://www.giftcardgranny.com/secur...EE1m1EQQU3HMMR

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: do you wear tank tops?

When I was much younger I did, but no longer. Never shaved under the arm.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Only to work out or go jogging. Never shaved anywhere but my face.
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Tank tops require more muscles than I have. Certainly a tighter fit looks good if there's any definition to show underneath. I wear some at the gym only very occasionally, and not for the look.

I do wax my armpits. It seems a majority of people at my gym trim, shave or wax them too. As usual, I guess it depend on the intended target. Some like hair, some don't.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Only at the gym or beach or a hawaiian luau. Otherwise, I am too old to be wearing tank tops out-and-about...regardless of my arm muscles or build.

It's hard to make a sweeping generalization about always buying one size smaller on all tank tops, as some tank tops are already cut very trim and tight...and depending on the persons midriff and torso, this could look a bit weird.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Vol de Nuit by Guerlain

Although routinely shaving armpits and having some (2-3, probably 4 at most) in the wardrobe, never worn them so far and will probably not bring myself to wear them anytime soon

Back in the younger years. Special Forces in the Military~

I don't wear them now, and I would never shave my armpits. The way i see it, is tank tops look good if you got the physique to wear them. And if you do, I'm sure shaving your pits would make it look clean. I mean, when I use to wear them, it was because I was making a statement for every chick around to see my body and how hard I worked to achieve this structure. It was no accident. I don't have a lot of armpit hair, so I never thought of shaving them. Sounds like serious irritation. Good luck!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I'm 48. That ship has sailed. But when I was 20...look out! I wore thin strapped low cut tanks! I was tan and fairly (for me) ripped. Had to win me a woman! It worked. Tank tops and biker shorts (and jamz) was all it took. It was a simpler time.

Constantly in summer in Japan. Just so damn hot. I wear tank tops more in middle age than I did in my teens or twenties. I agree that it helps if you look like your lift or at least work out.
    I trim armpit hair but more for hygiene reasons. Deodorant works better and it's easier to keep clean and prevent BO.

Trivia fact for the day - nobody has ever managed to use the phrase "Sun's out, guns out" without sounding like a total tosser.
    Touched by his noodly appendage 😇
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Trivia fact for the day - nobody has ever managed to use the phrase "Sun's out, guns out" without sounding like a total tosser.
    Gosh - haven't heard that expression since I was in my teenage years growing up in the NYC area!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

some garment types really require a minimum amount of positive physique
    for swap/sale:

I still do - if I'm working outside and it's hot. Even if I'm running errands and stuff, I don't care, I'll wear them then. It all depends on the weather...

Being Scottish, it didn't occur to me that this thread would be about sleeveless t-shirts. I was thinking "Oh, I have a lovely cashmere wool Etro tank top, looks good over a grey shirt."

For the record, I've never worn a non-woolen tank top (or shaven my pits.)
    Last edited by Suspended; 3rd September 2016 at 09:15 AM.

Only in gym when really hot and never smaller sizes, right size or bigger when available

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Stetson by Stetson

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    Being Scottish, it didn't occur to me that this thread would be about sleepless t-shirts. I was thinking "Oh, I have a lovely cashmere wool Etro tank top, looks good over a grey shirt."

For the record, I've never worn a non-woolen tank top (or shaven my pits.)
    In Australia we traditionally called them singlets, even when not made to be worn as an undergarment, but my understanding is that in the US singlet means something like this

A wrestling singlet (or simply singlet) is a one-piece, tight-fitting, colored uniform, usually made of spandex/lycra, or nylon, used in amateur wrestling. The uniform is tight fitting so as not to get grasped accidentally by one's opponent, and allows the referee to see each wrestler's body clearly when awarding points or a pin. Unlike judo, it is illegal to grasp an opponent's clothing in all styles of amateur wrestling.
    Touched by his noodly appendage 😇
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

In Australia we traditionally called them singlets, even when not made to be worn as an undergarment, but my understanding is that in the US singlet means something like this

Correct.

I trim armpit hair but more for hygiene reasons. Deodorant works better and it's easier to keep clean and prevent BO.
    Ditto.

Shave armpits? Yes. Wear tank tops? No. The gym eludes me.

I like when women do! No, I don't generally wear them - probably most appropriate for the gym or beach. And trimming the under arm is not a bad idea.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

I don't like to wear it ever. Even for beach or gym I like the old and good t-shirts. I don't know why, but I don't think I or anyone else is dressed well wearing it. The person can be wearing very nice shoes, shorts, jeans or anything else, the damned piece always makes me think something is not good in that look. My brother has a lot of nice ones, but I always think there's something strange when he wears them. On the other hand, I like them for girls. Maybe something to discuss in a therapy. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding armpits I have once shaved them. What an awful experience! Never gonna do that again! Just trim and it's all good, keeps everything hygienic.
    Last edited by Beck; 21st March 2017 at 01:36 AM.

Think I did once as a teenager but not since. It's too closely related to the undershirt/wifebeater look.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I have a few that I wear during the summer, mainly skating or going to the beach. A Volcom one I bought:

And a friend is an Arbor rep so I was given these that are super comfy:

I don't shave my armpits, though. They're not that hairy to begin with and I don't use anti-antiperspirant (just regular deo) so the hair that is there isn't an issue.
    Currently wearing: Five by Bruno Fazzolari

No tank tops for rulopbo...

Shaved underarms, but my goal is not being ultra shaved all the time... my goal is have it ultra short there... I shave it, because my Gillete/Braun machine grabs the skin in there...

The cheast to the breastbone gets the gillete/Braun treatment... belly, nothing...

A little down below gets also the Gillete/Braun treatment, with the round marbles shaved, due to the machine grabbing the skin in there... (which by the way is very painful)

Nothing on the legs...

IMO this is the best combo... however, younger girls tend to prefer the shaved legs... but I don´t take their advice on this...

you need sleeve tattoos to wear them nowadays imo

Only in the privacy of my own home or as an undershirt. I venture into the People of Walmart lane when I wear one outside the house.