Code of Conduct

Question Art of Shaving Sandalwood Price ?

I know this is a controversial scent, personally I really like it. But I am a bit concerned about the shifting prices of the bottles. I have chased around bottles of Sandalwood and now its turns out it is being sold for 18.75 on the AoS website. Does anyone have any insight on why this happened? Could it be a drastic reformulation? Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 10.14.17 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-08-29 at 10.09.09 AM 1.jpg

Default Re: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Price ?

Quote Originally Posted by saulus View Post
    I know this is a controversial scent, personally I really like it. But I am a bit concerned about the shifting prices of the bottles. I have chased around bottles of Sandalwood and now its turns out it is being sold for 18.75 on the AoS website. Does anyone have any insight on why this happened? Could it be a drastic reformulation? Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 10.14.17 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-08-29 at 10.09.09 AM 1.jpg
    Per another thread here on the topic it's been discontinued and it looks like they're clearing out old stock. I'm glad I saw this as I just snagged a bottle at that price. I suggest stocking up while you can, especially at this price point.

I will definetly take your suggestion, hehe.

What makes the scent 'controversial'?

I personally like it, but I've read some users get a medicinal and harsh vibe form it. I just realized it has overall good reviews though, so probably not a good choice for description.

Actually, I do have an idea of why the price was cut. When I bought my AOS Lemon, I asked the clerk on the phone if they were discontinuing the fragrances and she said "No, we're just getting new stuff in".

Now, I don't know if it means new fragrances and in new scents or if they had a huge inventory of Sandalwood and Lemon that was nearing their "expiration date", in the eye of the company. I guess we'll see. Right now, take advantage of the great deals!

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Quote Originally Posted by Riallus View Post
    What makes the scent 'controversial'?
    I was curious about that also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

They had a full bin of both of the scents when I was back up north at the AoS outlet in Rosemont IL a couple weeks ago. I bought the Sandalwood, but after testing it more thoroughly, I realize that I don't care for it.

I'm not sure about the Lemon, but according to the store manager, the sandalwood is being discontinued and a "new" version of Sandalwood is going to replace it.

I'll probably stash it away and hope for a price appreciation in a year or so and try and sell it....
    Last edited by XentMaster; 30th August 2016 at 01:27 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Wow, awesome. Thank you! Just ordered a bottle. <$26 shipped.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

Glad I procrastinated on this one. Picked one up as well...for a great price.

Thanks for all your insight, hope you all take advantage of the sweet price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to go wrong for the clearance prices. If you don't care for them, just store them away. People on Ebay will want them soon enough or you can trade them, when people start clamoring for "vintage" AOS Sandalwood.

Unreal. A month ago this was hard to find and never listed for under $55.

Thank you for posting the sale, I just picked up a couple bottles as I enjoy this one very much.
    Currently wearing: Wild Fruits by Mancera