Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Tried the new Zadig & Voltaire This is Him! EXCELLENT

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    In my books, Dunhill Icon doesn't fit there, but that's certainly a matter of personal taste.
    Icon is more deserving of such status than This Is Him! (if only by virtue of being more distinctive), but that's just me!

Nevertheless, both are superior designer scents, but I wouldn't put either in a hall of fame. I like Joy Amin's reviews, but I am often puzzled by the scents that win his affection. But I'm often puzzled by other people's tastes in general, as my own tastes are no doubt puzzling to others.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    But I'm often puzzled by other people's tastes in general, as my own tastes are no doubt puzzling to others.
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Icon is more deserving of such status than This Is Him! (if only by virtue of being more distinctive), but that's just me!

Nevertheless, both are superior designer scents, but I wouldn't put either in a hall of fame. I like Joy Amin's reviews, but I am often puzzled by the scents that win his affection. But I'm often puzzled by other people's tastes in general, as my own tastes are no doubt puzzling to others.
    I think Dunhill Icon is quite good too, and worth buying, especially at the low price. But it's not really my thing, with the Neroli and its more classical structure. But I also think 95% of what I smell is either crap or so redundant as to be not worth consideration. The incense of This is Him is just more appealing to me and is something I'd wear far more.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

I just wanted to say, that Icon won't fit in the mentioned environment of Antaeus, Kouros, Interlude Man etc. as it's not "daring" and a very mass appealing scent.