Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sources For Decants in UK

Looking at my collection I have far too many full bottles of designers (YSL, D&G etc) but really want to start dabbling into niche but don't want to pay for full bottles (I don't have the space!)

So I am looking for somewhere in UK that fellow UK Basenoters have used recently and can vouch for that has a good range of niche fragrances that I can try before buying a full bottle. Any suggestions?

Cheers all.

Dependent

Default Re: Sources For Decants in UK

I’ve started using fragrancesamplesuk.com, it is run by YouTube reviewer greggieboy76. Probably has the biggest range, but main reason I use them is that they offer free delivery on all orders. The others charge between 2 and 3, even on orders of less than 3. That makes it way too expensive. You can get Creed samples delivered for less than three quid with this site.

The trouble with buying samples is that you have to buy a load just to justify the postage cost. When that happens you invariably end up buying a load of crap you don't actually want so this site takes that problem away. Highly recommend them mate.
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 10th September 2016 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I’ve started using fragrancesamplesuk.com, it is run by YouTube reviewer greggieboy76. Probably has the biggest range, but main reason I use them is that they offer free delivery on all orders. The others charge between 2 and 3, even on orders of less than 3. That makes it way too expensive. You can get Creed samples delivered for less than a quid with this site.

The trouble with buying samples is that you have to buy a load just to justify the postage cost. When that happens you invariably end up buying a load of crap you don't actually want so this site takes that problem away. Highly recommend them mate.
    Excellent choice, highly recommended. I've recently noticed that beautyspin.co.uk offer loads of reasonably priced 2ml samples across an immense range and they too are worth looking at if you're planning on splurging.

I've used a few different sites over the years, but now I'm using fragrancesamplesuk.com too. I've made a few orders so far and the service has been top notch!
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Excellent choice, highly recommended. I've recently noticed that beautyspin.co.uk offer loads of reasonably priced 2ml samples across an immense range and they too are worth looking at if you're planning on splurging.
    Is postage free with Beautyspin for decants as well. I have used Beautyspin lots for full bottles so do trust them.

Basenotes Plus

https://www.scentsamples.uk.com/

Used them many times without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    Is postage free with them for decants. I have used Beautyspin lots for full bottles so do trust them.
    No, you still have to pay 4 for the DPD delivery which is why I only use them when I want to purchase a load of samples. I was unaware of their UK presence until recently as I thought they were only a stateside operation and only came across them when looking for someone that stocked the entire Mancera range to try out.

Huge amount of decants though, everything from cheapies to niche.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    https://www.scentsamples.uk.com/

Used them many times without any problems.
    Agreed 100%. I've used Scent Samples probably close to a hundred times by now. Never had a single problem. Fantastic service. Extremely professional. Super fast despatch and First Class post (it's free on orders over 10) Very quick to help if you need to amend your order or anything. Highly recommended. I've used basically every sample service in the UK and to my findings Scent Samples has been my favourite. It has become my "go to" sample store. Patrick seems like a great guy and very passionate and knowledgeable about fragrances. I'm surprised he isn't on here. Maybe he is.

Anyways, I can't recommend them highly enough. 10/10 every time.
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 10th September 2016 at 10:21 PM.

Another vote for scentsamplesuk, and I've also used Perfumista. Both great.
    Currently wearing: Chrome Pure by Azzaro

Used all of the ones mentioned here, never had any problems with any. Ordered a few things from Beautyspin and always add a few samples as well. It pays to shop around as there's often quite a difference in price for certain things....

Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    Another vote for scentsamplesuk, and I've also used Perfumista. Both great.
    I've used Perfumista also, just on a few occasions when ScentSamplesUK didn't have the scent I was looking for though. They don't have a huge inventory but they do have some rare/discontinued scents which is nice. I agree they are another good choice. Postage is a little slower in my experience and you have to pay for it if I remember correctly? ScentSamplesUK wins on all counts for me. It's gonna sound like I work for them now. I assure you I don't. I just think they're a great samples store. Saved me fortunes. Its pretty difficult to get a good samples store in the UK and alot of the time before I started using ScentSamples I was forced to blind but alot of expensive bottles. After ScentSamplesUK I'd say maybe Perfumista or GreggieBoy76's eBay. Greg's is good too. He seems like another really nice and very helpful guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    No, you still have to pay 4 for the DPD delivery which is why I only use them when I want to purchase a load of samples.
    They're currently doing a free delivery offer if you order four or more niche samples if anyone is interested. Or at least they were last week. I got some Sel de Vetiver off them as ScentSamplesUK (or anywhere else in the UK for that matter) didn't have it.

I have used fragrancesamplesuk.com a bit. Never had a issue. Quick delivery and the prices are great. Good to have decant sample service in the UK with quick delivery and offer some unique stuff. Highly recommended!

I've recently come across Bloom Perfumery in London, which exclusively focuses on the higher-end niche brands such as Imaginary Authors, Parfumerie Generale, and Olfactive Studio.

https://bloomperfume.co.uk/sections/...genders=forhim

They do samples of all fragrances, plus seasonal sample packs. They also offer a subscription service for 120 per year, which includes 6 samples per month.

For more widely-available niche brands, I also second Beautyspin (which is great for those harder-to-find designer and drugstore fragrances)
    Last edited by EasyToAssemble; 11th September 2016 at 07:18 PM.

Hello guys. It's Greg here from https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/ a.k.a greggieboy76. Hope it's cool to post in here. Just wanted to say thanks to all those that mentioned
    my site. I actually quit my job to run it full-time, so I need all the support I can get. I'm going to set up a Basenotes discount code later, I'll post it in the correct place, but will paste it here too. Thanks again guys, really appreciate it!

http://www.roullierwhite.com

Not so much for decants but they sell samples of everything they stock.

Blog Entries

Les Senteurs are good for stuff you can't get anywhere else, although they can be pricey & will only send 4 samples at a time, in compliance with the Royal Mail regs. Great service though, & fast.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Terra Mia by Carthusia

Blog Entries

Palmolive, thanks for the tip about Beautyspin; l was also unaware of their presence in the UK until now.

l can't seem to find samples or decants on their site, though; only bottles or sample sets. How do you find samples there, please?

ETA: found 'em!
    Last edited by teardrop; 12th September 2016 at 08:54 AM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Terra Mia by Carthusia

scentsamples sprayers have always broken/being problematic for me :/ go with perfumista.

Have always had great service from Scentsamples.uk.com and also more recently since Greg started his site Fragrancesamplesuk.com.

Cheers for the Beautyspin tip too, I didn't realise they did samples. Good to have a few options as they all carry different lines.

I have a code running 'BASENOTES10' if any of you guys want to try anything.https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/

Cheers

Greg

Ordered a handful of samples from FrangrancesamplesUK on Friday, paid 0.50p for express shipping and they arrived this morning in a funky little bag. Will definitely be using again! Really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    Ordered a handful of samples from FrangrancesamplesUK on Friday, paid 0.50p for express shipping and they arrived this morning in a funky little bag. Will definitely be using again! Really impressed.
    Glad you are happy - many thanks :-)

We now have close to 500 fragrances to sample at www.fragrancesamplesuk.com Please take a look :-)

Many Thanks

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    We now have close to 500 fragrances to sample at www.fragrancesamplesuk.com Please take a look :-)

Many Thanks

Greg

Hey Greg - used the site in the past. Are there any plans to get more Jo Malone fragrances in? Or Shay & Blue? Many thanks

Gentlemen and all readers, selling is against the rules on this forum. Posts by a shop are an abuse of the site. I've reported this to the moderators. Please avoid this thread and don't bump it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyToAssemble View Post
    I've recently come across Bloom Perfumery in London, which exclusively focuses on the higher-end niche brands such as Imaginary Authors, Parfumerie Generale, and Olfactive Studio.

https://bloomperfume.co.uk/sections/...genders=forhim

They do samples of all fragrances, plus seasonal sample packs. They also offer a subscription service for 120 per year, which includes 6 samples per month.

For more widely-available niche brands, I also second Beautyspin (which is great for those harder-to-find designer and drugstore fragrances)
    I've used Bloom for samples on several occasions and there is always leaks/faulty bottles. When you're paying 5 for 1ml of something and what's left in the bottle can't even be reached by the sprayer, it's pretty disappointing. You can email with your concerns, you won't hear anything back. For that reason, I've always purchased my full bottles elsewhere.

I also found their prescription service repetitive. You can easily end up with double samples.

There's a new(?) vendor called Scent City:

https://www.thescentcity.com/

They have a limited selection of rather niche brands, but the value of the samples is good from what I can see (cheaper and 0.5ml more for Ex Nihilo than Les Senteurs for example), and the delivery is tracked and free. Furthermore, it lets you select two complimentary samples when you check out.

I've placed an order for the aforementioned brand today and, and will report back if I remember.

In the meantime, has anyone else found any new shops / vendors that are good for samples and decants in the UK?

Scent City have been around for a while. I bought my bottle of Enchanted Forest from them a few years ago. They were quite generous with samples after I bought my bottle.