Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Creeds

Default Re: New Creeds

Well, it is all true - official info on Viking and White Amber in TFWA Cannes report:
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Cann...ions-8613.html

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Thank you so much Jakub! No doubt now
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    And in a typical poorly executed fashion, they send the "brand representative" to a show to promote/sell the product, without even telling them what's in the bottle...

"From Creed, the novelty was Viking, a masculine fragrance full of virility and what seemed to me as oakmoss. I am not sure since the brand representative was not informed about the product and samples were nowhere to be seen."

LOL....? or CRY.....?
    This is typical. Not even their boutique counter sales people have the fragrances memorized for notes and often don't even have their written material references ready. The fact of the matter is that the VAST MAJORITY of buyers just casually smell a fragrance and judge it on the spot and they never ask what the notes are. This forum of hobbyists are about 0.00001% of the people who even give a shizzle.
    Last edited by tspencer; 13th October 2016 at 11:57 PM.

Blog Entries

And in a typical poorly executed fashion, they send the "brand representative" to a show to promote/sell the product, without even telling them what's in the bottle...

"From Creed, the novelty was Viking, a masculine fragrance full of virility and what seemed to me as oakmoss. I am not sure since the brand representative was not informed about the product and samples were nowhere to be seen."

LOL....? or CRY.....?
    LOL, you beat me to it. They P.R. a new frag, send a rep who doesn't know the product, and didn't bring samples....
    53369-demotivator-facepalm.jpg
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

I guess the lack of interest about Erwin Creed shows that a signed bottle, even among enthusiasts is not given even a passing care. Interesting. What about Tom Ford signing a bottle? Would that be a bigger draw?

I'm just fired up about that new one from Alyssa Ashley!
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Looks good! Salty oceanic that might rival erolfa
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by OneBlueSummer View Post

It will be 4oz launch w/ 250 500ml to follow.

TopSki: Black Currant, Bergamot, Pink Pepper

Heart's That Beat as One: Fruity Notes, Driftwood, Salt, Rose

Bu, BA, Base: Ambergris, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Sea Notes
    I was interested until I saw Sea Notes. I don't think I've ever liked a fragrance that contained Sea Notes.

Except for the Sea Notes, this kind of sounds like Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I hope there's no iodine or seaweed notes. I also hope it's not too salty.

Other than that, I'm intrigued.
    Yeah, that would suck if it contains those notes. That's usually the case when it comes to Sea Notes though.

LOL....? or CRY.....?
    Perhaps they did that on purpose?

User of Toilet Water

So it is 50ml/1.7oz. In their 75ml shaped bottle. Forget about notes, I want to hear prices. I think I said it before: 75ml prices (at least) for a 50ml bottle. That's my prediction (hope I'm wrong though.)

Worthless quote on White Amber from the writer of the article: "But what really impressed me was White Amber from the collection Les Royales Exclusives."

At least with Viking we get a guess on a note. With White Amber, nothing, but he was impressed by it! Feminine or masculine?
    Last edited by Bangkok Hound; 14th October 2016 at 04:10 AM.
    Currently wearing: Bois de Cédrat by Creed

Viking:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Black Currant, Pink Pepper
    Heart Notes: Fruity Notes, Driftwood, Salt, Rose
    Base Notes: Ambergris, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Sea Notes

This has a lot of the same notes as Aventus (bergamot, black currant, "fruity" notes, rose, ambergris, oak moss). I wonder what kind of fruity notes they will be? I just hope it doesn't have "fishy" sea notes. Considering it's Creed, I doubt it will. Sounds pretty interesting to me, actually.

This is allegedly launching in the first quarter of 2017. If it's 275 € for a 120 ml bottle, that looks to be about 25 € more than the 4 ounce bottle of Aventus.

The picture of the bottle looks to be a larger 120 ml bottle in the shape of the 75 ml. I would love that personally. I have always liked the shape of the 2.5 oz bottles over the 4 oz bottles.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, St James of London, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Viking:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Black Currant, Pink Pepper
    Heart Notes: Fruity Notes, Driftwood, Salt, Rose
    Base Notes: Ambergris, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Sea Notes

This has a lot of the same notes as Aventus (bergamot, black currant, "fruity" notes, rose, ambergris, oak moss). I wonder what kind of fruity notes they will be? I just hope it doesn't have "fishy" sea notes. Considering it's Creed, I doubt it will. Sounds pretty interesting to me, actually.

This is allegedly launching in the first quarter of 2017. If it's 275 € for a 120 ml bottle, that looks to be about 25 € more than the 4 ounce bottle of Aventus.

The picture of the bottle looks to be a larger 120 ml bottle in the shape of the 75 ml. I would love that personally. I have always liked the shape of the 2.5 oz bottles over the 4 oz bottles.
    cant wait

Notes sound great to me. Looking forward to it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Notes sound great to me. Looking forward to it.
    Notes sounded great to me too!

I just wish the bottle isn't red like that
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Mmm...I love the red.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, St James of London, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

first 5 things that come to mind with vikings:

1) Pillaging and burning villages to the ground
    2) Big feasts of mead and ale and food
    3) Log fires burning for warmth
    4) Sailing the sea
    5) Big strong warriors

Now looking at the "possible" bottle, i dont see anything referencing the sea besides a ship, though thats red. Youd assume that something salty smelling and aquatic would be in a blue, or sea coloured bottle.

The red to me strikes me as what is going on inside the vikings hut.

I imagine now that the creative team tried to create the image of...

"A horde of vikings have spent the day pillaging and hording, they return back to their home succesful. Inside the hut with the festivities going on the vikings are gathered, you can still smell the burning fire smoke in their beards and in their clothes with a sweaty animalic backnote. The smell of their drink is in the air along with spice from the feast on offer...Our creed fragrance will capture that essence."

Top notes: Coriander, Cumin, pink pepper, bergamot

Middle notes: Cedarwood, Malt, Rose, Cloves

Basenotes: Ambergris, Musk, Oud, Amber, Vanilla, Civet, Oakmoss

EDIT - Just seen the notes posted above, i replied to the first page of this thread before notes were displayed...i wasnt to far off what i imagined!
    Top 10

1. Nasomatto - Pardon
    2. Hermessence - Ambre Narguile
    3. Bond no.9 - New Haarlem
    4. Creed - Aventus
    5. By Kilian - Back to Black
    6. By Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Acqua Di Parma - Mandorlo di Sicilia
    8. YSL - la Nuit de L'homme EDP
    9. Mancera - Aoud Black Candy
    10. Serge Lutens - Bois du Vanille

Blog Entries

It's red b/c an ad exec heard that red was the easiest color to pick out of a line of various colored bottles...Stop signs are red, traffic lights are red...
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]

This is the difference between expectation and hope. I had hoped for something a little out of the ordinary with a Viking-inspired fragrance. Not sure exactly what. But this was the expectation. A slight but safe wrinkle on a proven success. I won't say that I'm necessarily disappointed, since I haven't smelled this yet. I just had my fingers crossed that they would come out of left field with this one. Dior can make Leather Oud. Creed's most daring offering remains Acier Aluminum

Am I the only one that finds the bottle design with the red to be ghastly? You'd think a company with as much money as Creed could hire a graphic designer to come up with something that seems less squished. The boat is off to the side weirdly, with the red making it hard to see any of the labeling (at least from what I've been able to see so far).

Regardless, it sounds like a fairly interesting scent. I must admit though, I haven't stayed up to date with their releases the last few years. It just never seemed like many of them were worth the time to seek them out and try a sample.

Blog Entries

First of all I love Creed and enjoy most of the scents, though not a big owner over the years...with that preface..

I'm waiting on the "history" of this scent. "This scent is inspired by Erik the Red (thus the bottle), the founder of Greenlands first Norse Settlement. This scent was originally made for Erik's family, who survived in the Norse colonies until the 14th and 15th centuries. They wore it to hide the smell of bloodshed and war. We kept it in a secret vault until now and wanted to inspire the "explorers" of the 21st Century. We think someone in Roxette wears it."
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    First of all I love Creed and enjoy most of the scents, though not a big owner over the years...with that preface..

I'm waiting on the "history" of this scent. "This scent is inspired by Erik the Red (thus the bottle), the founder of Greenlands first Norse Settlement. This scent was originally made for Erik's family, who survived in the Norse colonies until the 14th and 15th centuries. They wore it to hide the smell of bloodshed and war. We kept it in a secret vault until now and wanted to inspire the "explorers" of the 21st Century. We think someone in Roxette wears it."
    Somehow they will spin Napoleon into the tale...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post

I just wish the bottle isn't red like that
    Really? I kind of like it.

i love that red,it mean blood, and viking were bloodthristy btw creed was missing a red color::

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Really? I kind of like it.
    Me too!

Please tell me you're into marketing. If not, you've missed your calling. Glad to see that the original screenshot was not a fake. The red works for me - let's see how it fades over time...
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Please tell me you're into marketing. If not, you've missed your calling. Glad to see that the original screenshot was not a fake. The red works for me - let's see how it fades over time...
    Lol...I must have missed my calling. I know I did because law sure hasn't been something I loved!

I like the red bottle also fwiw.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Plus

Wow, Creed, really...? REALLY...???

First they tried to claim they've been making fragrances since the 1700's (they really started in 1972, as a tailor shop, fragrances didn't emerge until much later). Now they claim they've made this for someone in the 14th century and just "kept it a secret" for 600 years...? Yeah, sure. Totally believable. I'll buy that for a dollar.

It's hard to like Creed when every chance they get, they spin the history like Trump spins politics. I wish they just stopped with the nonsense and hired a new, more believable marketing company to do their writeups.

EDIT: I had to look it up... It's not 600 years they've added to Creed lineage - it's more like 1000+, seeing as Erik the Red died circa 1003. Creed - JUST STOP IT, it's not believable whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Wow, Creed, really...? REALLY...???

First they tried to claim they've been making fragrances since the 1700's (they really started in 1972, as a tailor shop, fragrances didn't emerge until much later). Now they claim they've made this for someone in the 14th century and just "kept it a secret" for 600 years...? Yeah, sure. Totally believable. I'll buy that for a dollar.

It's hard to like Creed when every chance they get, they spin the history like Trump spins politics. I wish they just stopped with the nonsense and hired a new, more believable marketing company to do their writeups.

EDIT: I had to look it up... It's not 600 years they've added to Creed lineage - it's more like 1000+, seeing as Erik the Red died circa 1003. Creed - JUST STOP IT, it's not believable whatsoever.
    I love the passion....but I made it up!! I need to write them to hire me on.
    --Ben Hogan