Code of Conduct

Default Getting way too sweet perfumes. Help?

Hope this is the right section to post about it. So, Hey! I got hooked on the idea I could make my own scent a couple of days ago, since then I bought 12 essential and fragrance oils and a 1 liter bottle of 43 degree alcohol [vodka]

Basically I have this: musk, basil, jasmine, lavender, cinnamon, vanilla, grapefruit, orange, lemon, patchouli, ginger and passion fruit.

I`ve tried it first like 70 percent alcohol and 30 percent essential oils which was about 30 mil. of vodka and 4.5 mils of essential oils. [a LOT of drops] which got me only to extremely sweet and girly scents.

Then, to stop wasting precious and expensive alcohol I started using 5 mils of vodka with 5-15 drops of essential oils, I`ve removed the citrus from my mixtures because I hate sweet perfumes or "sporty" perfumes but I still could not find that smell I like and instead I ended up with SIMILAR sweet smells, like I`m doing the same thing, when I`m actually not. I know the perfume changes its scent with time but if I don`t like it now I def. will not like it after a month.

Is there something that I`m doing wrong? I really like Black Suede Touch from Avon, I`ve been using that for years and I tried making it but I miss 3 ingredients and in my country they are really hard to find.

Can someone point me to a recipe to only the ingredients that I have to make like a dark, mysterious perfume like Black Suede Touch? Also does anyone have any tips that might help me in my adventure? Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Getting way too sweet perfumes. Help?

You may want to try posting in this forum:

http://www.basenotes.net/forums/15-Fragrance-DIY
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    3 Latest Videos: Guerlain - L'Homme Ideal EDT / Amouage - Silver Man / BOIS 1920 - Verde di Mare
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store
    Currently wearing: Speakeasy by Frapin