Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
    Dependent

Default Papillon Perfumery, Mugler and Dior are the big winners in 2016 Basenotes Awards

We are finally announcing after much delay, the winners of the Basenotes Reader Awards 2016. At the end of last year, we asked you to vote for your favourite fragrances of that year. The results are as follows.

Read the rest of the article here

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Papillon Perfumery, Mugler and Dior are the big winners in 2016 Basenotes Awards

Glad to hear about Twisted Lily.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Papillon Perfumery, Mugler and Dior are the big winners in 2016 Basenotes Awards

Good stuff. In the story itself it says Habit Rouge Dress Code won Best Flanker though?

Hmmm . . . . The linked article says Chanel No.5 is the Hall of Fame winner.

Sauvage sweeps all before it. Can't wait to try my sample and provide a full review.

Hello

There was a few errors in the main awards article caused by late night copying and pasting. All should be correct now. sorry

Basenotes Plus

Thanks Grant. Interesting results. I'm imagining a Basenotes couple out for the evening, doused in Salome and Sauvage. The air surely would be shimmering behind them like jet exhaust (© Turin/Sanchez).

I have a neglected sample of Salome languishing somewhere in my box of dreams, thanks for the reminder!

It shall be tomorrow's SoTN.

ETA: It's stunning! Skanky but in a really good, well blended old school kind of way. Shares something with Jubilation 25.
    Last edited by Anastasia Beaverhausen; 2nd October 2016 at 10:09 PM.

Missing Oakmoss

Ah, Salome! I think I'll wear that today. Love it.

Always be smelling

Sauvage for men, while Salome for ladies ????
    I don't get it.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

It's good to see Salome getting some recognition.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Five

1. G F Trumper Eucris Edp
    2. YSL Pour Homme
    3. Chanel Pour Monsieur
    4. Armani Eau Pour Homme
    5. Monsieur De Givenchy
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Guerlain best house?
    Thats like saying Nokia make the best phones.
    Last edited by Wild Gardener; 1st October 2016 at 09:19 AM.

Great to see the house of Papillon getting recognition, as they've produced some terrific compositions.

But... SAUVAGE? You're kidding. I'm shocked. I thought Basenotes men had better taste than that.
    Click HERE for sales of: YSL KOUROS (vintage), CHANEL Antaeus A/S (vintage), Hermes Equipage, CHANEL Egoiste (vintage), Carven Vetiver, and many others!
    Currently wearing: Salvador by Salvador Dali

Thank you, Grant! I've been so curious about the outcome!

Yes, Sauvage in first place for the gents is puzzling. But that could be viewed as maybe the majority of BN guys are not as weird as us gals, lol. And one must remember that there are far fewer women here to vote in the first place. Salome probably got a good share of male votes too, and may well be one of the few new feminines a lot of guys tried. Word of mouth did great things for Salome; it had (and still has) so much buzz.

Thank goodness my Dior-lovin' mister turned his nose up at Sauvage, though. I wish I could smell something good in these ambrox bombs (as they aren't going away) but they actually hurt my sinuses:( Not an allergic reaction, just enough of an irritant to make we want to move away from the scent ASAP.
    Currently wearing: En Avion by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Gardener View Post
    Guerlain best house?
    Thats like saying Nokia make the best phones.
    Hey! I have a Nokia 105 and it's fantastic: fits in my skinny-jeans' pocket, battery lasts forever, and it even has a flashlight :)

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post

Yes, Sauvage in first place for the gents is puzzling. But that could be viewed as maybe the majority of BN guys are not as weird as us gals, lol. .
    Actually the other way around. Liking Salome is not weird ;)
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Of course you're absolutely right, epapsiou! What was I thinking? We couldn't possibly be the weird ones:)

As for Salome, I have to admit I still haven't tried it. That will be remedied soon enough, though. What I can say is how impressively it sold itself! Just amazing how this one caught fire among perfume lovers. I did think their Tobacco Rose was quite good and I expect I'll be impressed by Salome as well, even if it turns out to be too much for me.
    Currently wearing: En Avion by Caron

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    As for Salome, I have to admit I still haven't tried it. That will be remedied soon enough, though. What I can say is how impressively it sold itself! Just amazing how this one caught fire among perfume lovers. I did think their Tobacco Rose was quite good and I expect I'll be impressed by Salome as well, even if it turns out to be too much for me.
    I agree with you about Tobacco Rose. It's one of the best balanced roses I've ever smelled, it's like standing in the middle of a rose garden under a drizzling rain. Anubis is wonderful to me, as well, though I understand why some people hate it - it's as much a concept as a fragrance. But Salome! It smells so good (in that long-lasting, heavy animalic/floral/indolic way that many of the best vintages do) that it grabbed the headlines. I bought a backup bottle right after receiving my first one, fearing that future restrictions might cramp its style.

Blog Entries

Sauvage?!?!?!? 2016 must have been an aweful year in men's perfumery for Sauvage to come out on top.

don't deceive with belief

Sauvage?

BN has lost all its credibility..........

^ I prefer to say Basenotes "went off line for a bit." ;)
    Click HERE for sales of: YSL KOUROS (vintage), CHANEL Antaeus A/S (vintage), Hermes Equipage, CHANEL Egoiste (vintage), Carven Vetiver, and many others!
    Currently wearing: Salvador by Salvador Dali

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Sauvage?!?!?!? 2016 must have been an aweful year in men's perfumery for Sauvage to come out on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Sauvage?

BN has lost all its credibility..........
    Not really. Just more of the same.

In 2011, Bleu de Chanel won also. Wildly popular dreck wins quite regularly.

http://www.basenotes.net/awards/2011
    Last edited by Scarce; 11th October 2016 at 08:39 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Whoop Whoop. Twisted Lily get's some love. Stamatis is a great person that will work with you. Twisted Lily has their excellent 10 piece custom sample set. I generally add 2 or 3 more in case they are out of the ones I selected . They send me those on top of the 10 . With samples being at $4 a piece, that's like $50 dollars. You can't ask for more than that. Fast delivery, friendly services. No wonder they made the list.

Basenotes Plus

Beckham Beyond has 1 positive and 2 neutral reviews and won an award?

How can one do the basenotes awards of 2016 in 2016...this should be done in january 2017...!

+ Reply to Thread