Code of Conduct
Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3470
    If not now, when?

Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Bought 4 vintage Creeds today. Yes, I already have them, but there was room for more. I'm a sucker for all 4 of them.

Vintage Tabarome

Citrus Bigarrade

Bois de Santal

Santal Imperial
    Bois de Santal! You lucky dog.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Chanel Cuir de Russie (EDT), and Bois de Iles (EDT).
    Great buys - vtg Cuir de Russie is a treat...
    Currently wearing: Idole de Lubin by Lubin

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    Attachment 96677
    Zealot!!! ... been thinking of you this afternoon at my 2nd-hand-shop :-) ...
    Whow, this is nice! It's a slightly turned bottle, but to my big surprise: the faint top notes, geranium, mossy, woody/musky whatever smell has some nice similarities to my also turned 2009 Lonestar Memories ... . I'm a fan.
    Awesome score!!! Congrats!!!

And my little score... A 1oz bottle of CPM concentree. I'd say early 90s (barcode, no green dot, and a short-ish list of ingredients) and I am a fan! Shares lots with the EdP but with more oakmoss! Heaven I tell you!!!

Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

The goodies in the below pic arrived today. The Sport de Paco Rabanne is a backup, just because. I havenít given the Lacoste mini nor the Prive a proper testing, so I will hold my comments on those for later. The Prive was purchased just as an inexpensive way to get an idea of what the fragrance represents. Plus I was looking for a soft and classy aftershave for moments when I needed something soft and classy. As example, like something for church. Anywho, Iím excited to try the Patou and the Lacoste.

Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Bois de Santal! You lucky dog.
    There's a full flacon of BDS still up for grabs for a whopping $1600!
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Bought 4 vintage Creeds today. Yes, I already have them, but there was room for more. I'm a sucker for all 4 of them.

Vintage Tabarome

Citrus Bigarrade

Bois de Santal

Santal Imperial
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Went a bit overboard this month and bought vintage bottles of YSL Y, Lutens Rose de Nuit, Chanel Cuir de Russie (EDT), and Bois de Iles (EDT).

Eeek! Broke, but smelling divine.
    Congrats on this vintage haul

Quote Originally Posted by nikonNUT View Post
    Awesome score!!! Congrats!!!

And my little score... A 1oz bottle of CPM concentree. I'd say early 90s (barcode, no green dot, and a short-ish list of ingredients) and I am a fan! Shares lots with the EdP but with more oakmoss! Heaven I tell you!!!

A nice find. Enjoy in good health

splash or spray me

Shipment du jour ...

Canoe Eau De Cologne spray by Dana

/Acey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha.....I loved Canoe when I was a young boy. I haven't smelled it in decades! Would love to smell it again.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    Shipment du jour ...

Canoe Eau De Cologne spray by Dana

/Acey
    A barbershop staple in vintage IMO
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    The goodies in the below pic arrived today. The Sport de Paco Rabanne is a backup, just because. I havenít given the Lacoste mini nor the Prive a proper testing, so I will hold my comments on those for later. The Prive was purchased just as an inexpensive way to get an idea of what the fragrance represents. Plus I was looking for a soft and classy aftershave for moments when I needed something soft and classy. As example, like something for church. Anywho, Iím excited to try the Patou and the Lacoste.

Man, I hope the Lacoste is in good shape. It really is a fab fragrance. Citrus, herbs, musk, oakmoss, with a beautiful cedar/tarragon-pairing. Distinct aromatic opening as well.
    Congrats on all of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!
    Currently wearing: Denim Musk by Denim

Ooops.. Spontaneous purchase, but too good to pass up. Vintage Sanofi-made Grey Flannel 4oz EdT.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Ooops.. Spontaneous purchase, but too good to pass up. Vintage Sanofi-made Grey Flannel 4oz EdT.

Good, you can join me in the group of people who actually like this fragrance (seems to get a lot of hate on BN for some reason)

Default Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Good, you can join me in the group of people who actually like this fragrance (seems to get a lot of hate on BN for some reason)
    Ha! Those guys must've only tried EA formulas (no offense, I had it myself), but can't beat the Sanofi and FFI versions. It's kind of a dark rose, but not potpourri, thankfully. I'm gonna go sharpen my trifork now..

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Ha! Those guys must've only tried EA formulas (no offense, I had it myself), but can't beat the Sanofi and FFI versions. It's kind of a dark rose, but not potpourri, thankfully. I'm gonna go sharpen my trifork now..

I actually get a lot of violet and a ghost jasmine note in this. I can see the rose, but to me, you have to really look for it.

Man, I hope the Lacoste is in good shape. It really is a fab fragrance. Citrus, herbs, musk, oakmoss, with a beautiful cedar/tarragon-pairing. Distinct aromatic opening as well.
    Congrats on all of them!

Thank you, my friend. I believe it in good shape. Perhaps not immaculate but good. The opening is a bright citrus, with some lime and other goodies. At risk of sounded stupid... clary sage? Citrus and sage? Lol. Maybe I should look it up. The oakmoss comes in rather quickly and the starts to settle in not much more time than the opening. The base is sweet and green with a somewhat balmy nature added from tonka or woods with something semi sweet. Iím doing a horrible job describing it, and my brain isnít fully awake. The fragrance very much reminds me of Carven Vetiver Dry but with a semisweet somewhat powdery accord added to the base. If you havenít tried the Carven, these two are close enough in nature that you would like it. Theyíre also close enough that if you have one you donít need to stress about obtaining the other as they sit in a similar space.

Thatís my Ďround 1í opinion on it. That may all change after I wear it more. Thanks again!

(seems to get a lot of hate on BN for some reason)
    Thatís only because it smells awful. Lmao. Now that Iíve said that, let me run my normal disclaimer: my claim is based off of whatís available to purchase in drugstores now. Not the vintage stuff. I know that Iíve smelled the vintage but itís been so very long that I wonít comment on it. Iíve been assured that the vintage is very different in the way it smells. The fresh dryer sheet smell is present but none of the harshness is present?

So I purchased a recent bottle a few years ago due to so many people stating how great it is. To me, I get a very nice and enjoyable dryer sheet type fresh accord that sits on top of a nasty wet ash tray note. Specifically, if youíve ever had to deal with them, the cigarette butt receptacles which are at places of business. Years ago I had one of those catch on fire at my office. I opened it up and put the fire out with water. Later I cleaned it out and got hit with a pungent unpleasant wet smokey ashy smell. Once I made that association with Grey Flannel, it was done. Iíve let others smell it, without giving them any of my thoughts, and theyíve all stated Ďashtrayí or Ďcigarette buttsí when describing it. So I feel like Iím not completely crazy.

Having said all of that, Iím not opposed to also purchasing a vintage bottle and trying it out. I just keep forgetting to buy one. I actually want to have a good experience with GF. This is a fragrance that, every time I read a trusted nose liking it, I wish I had a pleasant experience. I still keep that bottle I purchased though, as a reminder to trust my nose on what I like.

Do you also feel like whatís been told to me? That the vintage is a much different animal that current stuff?

See? This is a promising read. Thatís what I want to experience with it. So I need Sanofi or FFI. Is there a better one of those to get?

I have a mini that was gifted to me from Shycat, which is why I was unwilling to risk the new stuff. I wanted to buy what I had already gotten used to smelling.
    Got it. I look forward to your comments.
    I recently purchased a 3/4-full bottle and got lucky......it smells perfect, just as I remember it from back in the day.

Thank you, my friend. I believe it in good shape. Perhaps not immaculate but good. The opening is a bright citrus, with some lime and other goodies. At risk of sounded stupid... clary sage? Citrus and sage? Lol. Maybe I should look it up. The oakmoss comes in rather quickly and the starts to settle in not much more time than the opening. The base is sweet and green with a somewhat balmy nature added from tonka or woods with something semi sweet. Iím doing a horrible job describing it, and my brain isnít fully awake. The fragrance very much reminds me of Carven Vetiver Dry but with a semisweet somewhat powdery accord added to the base. If you havenít tried the Carven, these two are close enough in nature that you would like it. Theyíre also close enough that if you have one you donít need to stress about obtaining the other as they sit in a similar space.

Thatís my Ďround 1í opinion on it. That may all change after I wear it more. Thanks again!

Well said. It's clary sage, so you're right-on! Not much sweetness but I can see the powder and musk taking it in that direction.
    In regards to CVD, I think the Lacoste is deeper and has more going on. I'm almost certain that if you tried the spray-version of vtg Lacoste you can really tell that they are different. It's primarily a regular burst of lemon, lime and bergamot with herbs, oakmoss and musky cedar.
    I'm very glad that you like it, my friend.

Well said. It's clary sage, so you're right-on! Not much sweetness but I can see the powder and musk taking it in that direction.
    In regards to CVD, I think the Lacoste is deeper and has more going on. I'm almost certain that if you tried the spray-version of vtg Lacoste you can really tell that they are different. It's primarily a regular burst of lemon, lime and bergamot with herbs, oakmoss and musky cedar.
    I'm very glad that you like it, my friend.

TYSVM. I do indeed enjoy it. And I only considered trying it because of you. Your enthusiasm and good tastes are what led for me to try it.

WoooHooo! Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See? This is a promising read. Thatís what I want to experience with it. So I need Sanofi or FFI. Is there a better one of those to get?

Jacqueline Cochran is good too. I actually lucked up and found an original release Epocha (1977) set. This was another favorite in high school.

Cochran's label was on the bottle after Epocha around 1981 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Jacqueline Cochran is good too. I actually lucked up and found an original release Epocha (1977) set. This was another favorite in high school.

Cochran's label was on the bottle after Epocha around 1981 or so.

Thanks for this information!

Thanks for this information!

Sent ya something in PM.

TYSVM. I do indeed enjoy it. And I only considered trying it because of you. Your enthusiasm and good tastes are what led for me to try it.

Thank you for the kind words, my friend. I'm honoured

Oh, wow... So Epocha is deep vintage? I had no idea that Cochran made it as well. Great info, thx so much!
    Nice set, btw...

Oh, wow... So Epocha is deep vintage? I had no idea that Cochran made it as well. Great info, thx so much!
    Nice set, btw...

Thanks. My spray bottle is Sanofi. I sent my Jacqueline Cochran mini to someone here lol.

Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast