Code of Conduct
Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116
Results 3,451 to 3,470 of 3470

Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Well, maybe not THAT much of a difference . EA made the violet a bit sharper. To my nose it's a bit more sharp/edgy and greener GF with a woodier base to compensate for the moss.
    Sanofi's version is smoother. Extremely well-balanced. The only change they made, was turning down the violet a notch. Great stuff, man. Congrats!
    Thank you my friend! If itís smoother, thatíll definitely be a plus. Canít wait to try it. Iíd like to get a hold of some older stuff one day. Iíll stay on the lookout. GF is one of those fragrances that a lot of noses I respect love. Then when I finally bought it (EA version) I was disappointed. A very nice dryer sheet note over ashtray disappointment. Surely my nose must be defective if Paul Kiler views it in such regard that itís been an inspirational scent to him! But tastes differ, and one must trust their own nose. So I wrote it off. Then a friend reached out to me and explained that I need to get Sanofi or earlier for me to really appreciate GF. Which has ultimately led to this point today. And I certainly appreciate all of the feedback from you friends! Iíll report back my impressions once it arrives.

Side note: Iíve read that the EA versions lose sharpness and improve greatly with time once theyíve been used and then allowed to sit and mature for a long time, like 2-3 years. Is this true? If so, I need to revisit my EA bottle. Maybe itís better in the last few months and will be much better by next year? Or is this just crazy talk?

Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Thank you very much my friend! I read somewhere that even the newer stuff like I have loses itís sharp harsh edge. Is this true? Apparently the EA gets much better after being exposed to oxygen and left to sit for a long time. What are your thoughts on that?

Actually I've never tried the current

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yea thatís it. I jokingly have referred to it as a tobacco intense version of Montana Parfum díHomme. I hate saying that in a way because I donít want to mislead folks on what to expect. But itís a mix of green and dry tobacco with a similar type freshness added. The opening 15 minutes or so are intense and nearly ďsharpĒ. But it settles in very nicely. If youíve enjoyed any of Remy Latourís offerings, I would think this falls in line as well. Itís a 90ís Remy with an 80ís vibe to me. I donít wear it that often. However every time I do wear it I enjoy the dry down and think I should wear it more often. This little champ of a fragrance wonít dethrone any of the normal hyped and unicorns presented on forums but worth a consideration for anyone interested in the low cost Remy Latour lineup.

Edit: I ended up sticking with it as my SOTN.

Is your bottle in the wooden box?

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Actually I've never tried the current

Then consider your nose saved!

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Is your bottle in the wooden box?

Yes, the bottle like a block of cigarillos on end that sits inside the wooden box. If you get it and for some reason hate it, just reach out to me and weíll find it a home. With you being a vintage lover, I donít see how you would hate it. Just keep in mind that it has an intense Ďmixedí tobacco opening that take about 15 minutes or so to before it settles in real nicely.

Then consider your nose saved!

Yes, the bottle like a block of cigarillos on end that sits inside the wooden box. If you get it and for some reason hate it, just reach out to me and weíll find it a home. With you being a vintage lover, I donít see how you would hate it. Just keep in mind that it has an intense Ďmixedí tobacco opening that take about 15 minutes or so to before it settles in real nicely.

You'll know when I get it

Side note: Iíve read that the EA versions lose sharpness and improve greatly with time once theyíve been used and then allowed to sit and mature for a long time, like 2-3 years. Is this true? If so, I need to revisit my EA bottle. Maybe itís better in the last few months and will be much better by next year? Or is this just crazy talk?

I believe that's true. I bought my EA bottle back in '15, and I most certainly did not like it. At all. It smelled stiff. And sharp in a harsh way. Today I enjoy it immensely. It smells stronger and more defined. Still sharp, but an apropriate green sharpness.
    In addition to that, the juice has darkened considerably in color to an amber. Interrestingly, all EA bottles of GF, even currents, do that.
    So you hold on to your EA bottle, my friend
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!
    Currently wearing: Denim Musk by Denim

I believe that's true. I bought my EA bottle back in '15, and I most certainly did not like it. At all. It smelled stiff. And sharp in a harsh way. Today I enjoy it immensely. It smells stronger and more defined. Still sharp, but an apropriate green sharpness.
    In addition to that, the juice has darkened considerably in color to an amber. Interrestingly, all EA bottles of GF, even currents, do that.
    So you hold on to your EA bottle, my friend
    Well thatís interesting about EA, and VERY promising indeed. I actually had one friend tell me that Iíd had been better off buying a used half full bottle than the brand new one I had gotten to reacquaint with GF. Seems that friend was correct, in a way we didnít understand at the time. Thanks for that feedback, very much.

Basenotes Plus

My Valentine's present!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Well that’s interesting about EA, and VERY promising indeed. I actually had one friend tell me that I’d had been better off buying a used half full bottle than the brand new one I had gotten to reacquaint with GF. Seems that friend was correct, in a way we didn’t understand at the time. Thanks for that feedback, very much.

This is good news
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by starblind View Post
    my valentine's present!
    S*c*o*r*e* !!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    S*c*o*r*e* !!
    I KNOW! I still can't believe he bought me this! It took me a day to work up the nerve to open it.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Mitsouko Parfum 8ml Black and Gold box.
    Vol de Nuit 93ml Black and Gold box.
    I'll need receive to examine them to see where they lie in the 1990's to 2000 era

.Attachment 96965Attachment 96967
    Congrats on these
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    My Valentine's present!
    Please do let us know what you think of it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    My Valentine's present!
    Yes, very nice indeed! A great scent. I wish it wore as well on me as it does my wife. Also, Iíve always liked the simple elegance of the Chanel bottles.

Default Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Well thatís interesting about EA, and VERY promising indeed. I actually had one friend tell me that Iíd had been better off buying a used half full bottle than the brand new one I had gotten to reacquaint with GF. Seems that friend was correct, in a way we didnít understand at the time. Thanks for that feedback, very much.

My pleasure and you're most welcome!
    In many cases, used is good. 'Cause everytime you spray, air gets mixed into the juice and helps macerate/soften up the compounds, and along with the oxidation of the air already inside the bottle, strengthens the bottles content. That's what I believe anyway, and there must be something to that. Same thing has happened with my '14 Polo EdT, a '15 Kouros EdT my Dad has, as well as my '14 Boss #1 EdT and ofcourse my GF. Even a current Parfums Prestige Brut EdT I had (the clear spray-bottles w/ concave sides) did it. As if the Kouros', Boss' and Brut's weren't awesome enough to begin with
    Too many isolated incidents for it to be coincidential, imo.

Sorry for the rant LOL

My pleasure and you're most welcome!
    In many cases, used is good. 'Cause everytime you spray, air gets mixed into the juice and helps macerate/soften up the compounds, and along with the oxidation of the air already inside the bottle, strengthens the bottles content. That's what I believe anyway, and there must be something to that. Same thing has happened with my '14 Polo EdT, a '15 Kouros EdT my Dad has, as well as my '14 Boss #1 EdT and ofcourse my GF. Even a current Parfums Prestige Brut EdT I had (the clear spray-bottles w/ concave sides) did it. As if the Kouros', Boss' and Brut's weren't awesome enough to begin with
    Too many isolated incidents for it to be coincidential, imo.

Sorry for the rant LOL
    Donít be sorry at all. Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Arrived an hour ago:
    Jaguar for Men (pre-barcode, 2.5oz) and early-1990s Grey Flannel (Sanofi, 4oz) + shower gel.

Arrived an hour ago:
    Jaguar for Men (pre-barcode, 2.5oz) and early-1990s Grey Flannel (Sanofi, 4oz) + shower gel.
    Nice! The early 90ís GF is also what Iím expecting to receive. Did you have trouble finding it? On fleecebay, a lot of times itís difficult to know exactly because many sellers donít show the bottom of the bottle.

Nice! The early 90ís GF is also what Iím expecting to receive. Did you have trouble finding it? On fleecebay, a lot of times itís difficult to know exactly because many sellers donít show the bottom of the bottle.

Well, then you're in for at treat. It's finger-lickin' good!
    The Jag's from Germany and the GF from France.
    Because I live in Denmark, I'm primarily being shown european results (and 'rest of the world' secondary) on cheeseBay. A lotta EA bottles (new+older) and then a handfull of Sanofis, one or two FFI and zero Cochrans and Epochas.
    I imagine results in the US are vast (on all frags) but I'm not shown those, unfortunately.

Well, then you're in for at treat. It's finger-lickin' good!
    The Jag's from Germany and the GF from France.
    Because I live in Denmark, I'm primarily being shown european results (and 'rest of the world' secondary) on cheeseBay. A lotta EA bottles (new+older) and then a handfull of Sanofis, one or two FFI and zero Cochrans and Epochas.
    I imagine results in the US are vast (on all frags) but I'm not shown those, unfortunately.
    While not exactly Ďvastí, there are over 30 listings shown for Grey Flannel in US. Mostly EA. One of them is an FFI set (edit: and I have an FFI bottle already en route), which Iím not particularly interested in since Iím focusing on Sanofi and older. And there are a couple older ones, both of which I think are overpriced and one being in very poor condition. One day Iíll get my hands on older stuff. No rush though. It will happen when it happens. As always, I appreciate your feedback.

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116