Code of Conduct
Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 4098
  1. #3841
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Have yet to try the vintage version of that one. Honey&patch is such a sexy combo. Congrats!
    Thank you sir!

  2. #3842
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,608

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Attachment 100552

    Heaven.......
    Congrats! It's a classic.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3843
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congrats! It's a classic.
    Thank you hednic!

  4. #3844

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    20190416_182040.jpg

    2003 perhaps

  5. #3845
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,310

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    I absolutely love it, and as mentioned previously owned and wore it back in the 80's.
    The key for me is the slightly dirty honey and patchouli in the drydown. Profoundly sexy.
    Contender for the strongest scent I've ever experienced, I sprayed the back of my hand early-evening, and smelled it clearly the next morning after a shower.
    A must-try, and ideally must-have, for any vintage fan.
    A perfect summary. I love it but do wear it sparingly.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  6. #3846
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    A perfect summary. I love it but do wear it sparingly.
    I agree Diddy. I find it almost overwhelming at times.
    And to think that back in the day I used to spray it with abandon and go out for the evening..............

  7. #3847
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,990

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    I agree Diddy. I find it almost overwhelming at times.
    And to think that back in the day I used to spray it with abandon and go out for the evening..............
    I still spray vintage Givenchy Gentleman with abandon and go out. One of the comments I've had is that someone liked it because it wasn't too strong. It was strong enough for her to smell, I think she just liked it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    I absolutely love it, and as mentioned previously owned and wore it back in the 80's.
    The key for me is the slightly dirty honey and patchouli in the drydown. Profoundly sexy.
    Contender for the strongest scent I've ever experienced, I sprayed the back of my hand early-evening, and smelled it clearly the next morning after a shower.
    A must-try, and ideally must-have, for any vintage fan.
    Well said!

    Gentlemen.jpg

  8. #3848

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    ^Yeah, I actually don't find GG overwhelming once it's had 15-20 minutes to settle down. A lot of big notes are jostling for position in the very early stages, but the base is a subtle (for a scent of this type) animalic glow.

    Edit to add:
    I still remember when my then girlfriend now wife smelled it for the first time on me. It was one of the first "risky" by reputation vintage scents I wore around her - a decent application. We were watching a movie, and she immediately curled up on a chest and commented that I smelled amazing. If I'm wearing something she thinks is too strong, even if she likes it, she will let me know.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  9. #3849
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    ^Yeah, I actually don't find it overwhelming once it's had 15-20 minutes to settle down. A lot of big notes are jostling for position in the very early stages, but the base is a subtle (for a scent of this type) animalic glow.
    "Animalic glow" is perfect.

  10. #3850

    Oviatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,882

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Vintage Equipage. I always forget how much I love this.
    Unknown.jpg
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: 1770 by Yardley

  11. #3851
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I still spray vintage Givenchy Gentleman with abandon and go out. One of the comments I've had is that someone liked it because it wasn't too strong. It was strong enough for her to smell, I think she just liked it.



    Well said!

    Gentlemen.jpg
    Seems like we have the exact same bottles my friend.

    IMG_3693.jpg

  12. #3852
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,990

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Seems like we have the exact same bottles my friend.

    IMG_3693.jpg
    Do you notice a difference between them, or do you have a preference for one? I notice a slight difference, but I don't really have a preference - maybe the older bottle that says France on the label, but just barely.

  13. #3853
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Do you notice a difference between them, or do you have a preference for one? I notice a slight difference, but I don't really have a preference - maybe the older bottle that says France on the label, but just barely.
    To be honest I find them exactly the same, although I must admit I haven't done a side-by-side, which perhaps I should.
    I'm just going from memory.
    In any event, I find this scent almost intoxicating.

  14. #3854
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,990

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    To be honest I find them exactly the same, although I must admit I haven't done a side-by-side, which perhaps I should.
    I'm just going from memory.
    In any event, I find this scent almost intoxicating.
    Side by side, they can develop at a slightly different rate, but they're just about the same.

    I had a sample of this Armani from PureCaramel, and it was impressive, so I've gone for a bottle. I think Basenoter Mumsy also likes this one.

    Armani.jpg

  15. #3855
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Side by side, they can develop at a slightly different rate, but they're just about the same.

    I had a sample of this Armani from PureCaramel, and it was impressive, so I've gone for a bottle. I think Basenoter Mumsy also likes this one.

    Armani.jpg
    An ex of mine wore this (was there an EdP and Parfum as well?) back in high school.
    It's gorgeous.

  16. #3856
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,990

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    An ex of mine wore this (was there an EdP and Parfum as well?) back in high school.
    It's gorgeous.
    There's definitely a parfum. There's one of those (at a decent price) on eBay right now too. Now I'm thinking about it. I love the bigger volumes, so I love edt's and edp's. And I love sprays, so I love them even more. Still, parfums can be so fun, even as splashes, with the thicker richness in the smells.

    Looking at it again, the edt is listed as 82%, the parfum is 76%. It's not that much different. The price per ml for the edt is so much better.

    Still, this is a great price ($50), and my girlfriend will love having the two versions, especially one that she can travel with, so I went for it too:

    I hope she'll wear it. That would be amazing. Otherwise, I can rock this one myself.

    Parfum 1.jpg

    Parfum 2.jpg

  17. #3857
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    There's definitely a parfum. There's one of those (at a decent price) on eBay right now too. Now I'm thinking about it. I love the bigger volumes, so I love edt's and edp's. And I love sprays, so I love them even more. Still, parfums can be so fun, even as splashes, with the thicker richness in the smells.

    Looking at it again, the edt is listed as 82%, the parfum is 76%. It's not that much different. The price per ml for the edt is so much better.

    Still, this is a great price ($50), and my girlfriend will love having the two versions, especially one that she can travel with, so I went for it too:

    Parfum 1.jpg

    Parfum 2.jpg
    VERY nice.............
    50 bucks seems extremely reasonable.
    If I recall my ex wore the parfum.
    Heady stuff.

  18. #3858

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Found this little coffret for a fair deal !

    57092748_2226596267654543_5678893242960052224_o.jpg
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

  19. #3859
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleanu View Post
    Found this little coffret for a fair deal !

    57092748_2226596267654543_5678893242960052224_o.jpg
    Very nice When was this from approximately?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  20. #3860
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Finally got all the Antaeus's (Antae-I?) gathered up...



    all date to between 1999 and 2001...

  21. #3861
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonNUT View Post
    Finally got all the Antaeus's (Antae-I?) gathered up...



    all date to between 1999 and 2001...
    Do you plan on looking for an earlier formulation as well?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  22. #3862
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Do you plan on looking for an earlier formulation as well?
    Honestly, no. A wise old dragon <cough> told me that their is a good chance that the earliest batches have wilted.

  23. #3863
    Super Member thekelleybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Eau de Joy, vintage from 1982, and sealed to boot!
    Screenshot_20190417-212510~2.jpg

  24. #3864

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Very nice When was this from approximately?
    ~ early-mid 70's, arround that time, I think ?
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

  25. #3865
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by thekelleybelle View Post
    Eau de Joy, vintage from 1982, and sealed to boot!
    Screenshot_20190417-212510~2.jpg
    Very nice. Never sampled this fragrance before.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  26. #3866
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,608

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonNUT View Post
    Finally got all the Antaeus's (Antae-I?) gathered up...



    all date to between 1999 and 2001...
    Well done!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  27. #3867

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by thekelleybelle View Post
    Eau de Joy, vintage from 1982, and sealed to boot!
    Screenshot_20190417-212510~2.jpg
    I love the House of Beethoven..


  28. #3868
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,227

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    I love the House of Beethoven..

    Omg it just dawned on me haha... 'eau de joy' ~ 'ode to joy' (lightbulb moment). Clever remark there, sir


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

  29. #3869
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,990

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Partial tester of Sous le Vent. I love a spray.

    Sous le Vent.jpg

  30. #3870
    Dependent AlanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,100

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    IMG_7780.jpg

    Absolutely stunning........




Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Today I bought September 2016
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 30th September 2016, 09:42 PM
  2. Today I bought: August 2016
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 1st September 2016, 09:02 PM
  3. Today I bought: May 2016
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 555
    Last Post: 2nd June 2016, 04:59 AM
  4. Today I bought May 2016
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 1st June 2016, 04:52 AM
  5. Today I Bought May 2016
    By Scentologist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd May 2016, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000