Code of Conduct
Page 146 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 4711

Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Chanel - Egoiste (hopefully. and vintage?)

Can anyone give any more info on this one? I've never bought a bottle of Chanel second hand as I'm terrified of fakes. But I figure this may be a vintage Egoiste tester, which wouldn't be as likely to be faked, plus it's a 50ml which may be even more non-likely to be faked.

Is this indeed a vintage Egoiste, from how it appears? Rough idea on date?

Others with more expertise will hopefully chime in but based on the "Eau de Toilette" lettering above Chanel it's probably mid to late 90's if I was guessing.
    Any time you see "Eau de Toilette" above CHANEL, it's vintage. Can't always go by a batch code because some older Chanel bottles don't even have them.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    1995-ish made-in-USA Egoiste.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Others with more expertise will hopefully chime in but based on the "Eau de Toilette" lettering above Chanel it's probably mid to late 90's if I was guessing.
    Any time you see "Eau de Toilette" above CHANEL, it's vintage. Can't always go by a batch code because some older Chanel bottles don't even have them.
    Awesome, thank you both! Didn't pay much for it - may end up passing it along to someone else who appreciates Egoiste more than myself. Then again, I'm eager to try it and see if my mind is changed.. I've only owned (and smelled, as far as I'm aware) modern stuff.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

1980s ish Caron Pour Un Homme
    NIB

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    1980s ish Caron Pour Un Homme
    NIB
    Ooooh, grats! I love vintage Caron Pour Un Homme. Any pics?
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Ooooh, grats! I love vintage Caron Pour Un Homme. Any pics?
    Thank you.

7CD0D332-677E-4BAC-A049-FB782BC4BF94.jpg

Basenotes Plus

I’m not real sure when it’s from. Any ideas?

No bar code.

Basenotes Plus

I’m not real sure when it’s from. Any ideas?

No bar code.
    Awesome, you went for the Les Plus Belles Lavandes flanker - which essentially smells the same. But I'm not sure if they used a higher concentration and/or quality of lavender or what. Not entirely sure of the difference myself, despite owning both, haha.
    Yours is ~1970 at the absolute earliest (due to having the double 'C' instead of crown logo), up to perhaps early/mid 90's at the absolute latest because of no bar code that I can see.
    So yeah, it's a wide range, but somewhere maybe 1970-1995.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Awesome, you went for the Les Plus Belles Lavandes flanker - which essentially smells the same. But I'm not sure if they used a higher concentration and/or quantity of lavender or what. Not entirely sure of the difference myself, despite owning both, haha.
    Yours is ~1970 at the absolute earliest (due to having the double 'C' instead of crown logo), up to perhaps early/mid 90's at the absolute latest because of no bar code that I can see.
    So yeah, it's a ride range, but somewhere maybe 1970-1995.
    Thank you! I don’t know the difference either. I enjoy the contemporary version and Sport version, so I figure vintage would be much better as always.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you! I don’t know the difference either. I enjoy the contemporary version and Sport version, so I figure vintage would be much better as always.
    Sure! Good stuff, .

Also, get a decant/atomizer bottle if you don't already have an empty new one. I don't recall any of this flanker coming in spray format, only splash.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Satan himself couldn't have thought of a more perfect premise for a scent.

I bought a vintage clear-bottle 2 oz. splash of the EdP today, hoping for the Mysore sandalwood beauty.

Basenotes Plus

Sure! Good stuff, .

Also, get a decant/atomizer bottle if you don't already have an empty new one. I don't recall any of this flanker coming in spray format, only splash.
    Yes splash. Good tip.

Basenotes Plus

Grey Flannel - Epocha era. I think this is the first type that came out - or close to it. ~1976-1980?

Sticker isn't on bottle, but I'm kinda hoping it's inside of the bag. I'll check after it arrives, .

Last edited by ILikePeeps; 10th June 2019 at 02:44 AM.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Can anyone give any more info on this one? I've never bought a bottle of Chanel second hand as I'm terrified of fakes. But I figure this may be a vintage Egoiste tester, which wouldn't be as likely to be faked, plus it's a 50ml which may be even more non-likely to be faked.

Nice get. Nothing looks amiss to me.
    I don't recall seeing a 50ml Chanel tester before, but maybe the bottle you bought was a "store tester", as opposed to an official Chanel tester. Just a theory.

I've seen it said that Chanel is one of the most counterfeited brands when it comes to fragrances, and yet I have seen very few fakes in the 8+ years I've been paying attention. Now, it could just be that I don't know a fake when I see one. But no, I actually think it's harder to produce a convincing fake than some would have you believe.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Nice get. Nothing looks amiss to me.
    I don't recall seeing a 50ml Chanel tester before, but maybe the bottle you bought was a "store tester", as opposed to an official Chanel tester. Just a theory.

I've seen it said that Chanel is one of the most counterfeited brands when it comes to fragrances, and yet I have seen very few fakes in the 8+ years I've been paying attention. Now, it could just be that I don't know a fake when I see one. But no, I actually think it's harder to produce a convincing fake than some would have you believe.
    Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, there's a bunch of fakes out there, especially Chanel. I do see sketchy listings all the time with Chanel, and I pretty much actively avoid them. I browse here and there sorting by newly listed and saw this Egoiste pop up.

I figure Egoiste is one of the least likely to be faked out of the more mainstream Chanel's, and in a 50ml size as well.

I'll see how it smells after it arrives, that might put the concern to rest!

Oh, that's also a thing with fake Chanel's - they're such a highly faked product that some of them have gotten pretty darn good at making them, which is annoying. Haha
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Grey Flannel - Epocha era. I think this is the first type that came out - or close to it. ~1976-1980?

Sticker isn't on bottle, but I'm kinda hoping it's inside of the bag. I'll check after it arrives, .

All I know is Sanofi becomes wearable for me, and JC distributed even more so. So with that, I’ll say congrats.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, there's a bunch of fakes out there, especially Chanel. I do see sketchy listings all the time with Chanel, and I pretty much actively avoid them. I browse here and there sorting by newly listed and saw this Egoiste pop up.

I figure Egoiste is one of the least likely to be faked out of the more mainstream Chanel's, and in a 50ml size as well.

I'll see how it smells after it arrives, that might put the concern to rest!

Oh, that's also a thing with fake Chanel's - they're such a highly faked product that some of them have gotten pretty darn good at making them, which is annoying. Haha
    Which fragrances are we talking about?
    I imagine the Allure line might be more of a problem.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    All I know is Sanofi becomes wearable for me, and JC distributed even more so. So with that, I’ll say congrats.
    Thanks! My only personal experience so far may be with the modern EA stuff, and then with my Sanofi bottle. I think I received a 1oz FFI or something that was in the wrong box a little while back... maybe it was EA in an FFI box, can't remember.

But yeah, this will be the oldest one yet - got it for a song also, as kind of expected of Grey Flannel. Shame it doesn't have more hype in the frag community, it's great stuff!

The mainstream stuff like No. 5, Bleu de Chanel, Coco whatever - these might be the biggest ones to be careful on.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

The mainstream stuff like No. 5, Bleu de Chanel, Coco whatever - these might be the biggest ones to be careful on.

Ah, Bleu de Chanel is another one I can see being a problem.
    I have seen some fake No.5s -- mostly by "Chenel".

I guess I've seen one or two phony COCOs, but the fakery was so obvious it just gave me a chuckle. I'm talking about the '84 release. The later flankers might be a different story.

Freed from BN Institution

Is this indeed a vintage Egoiste, from how it appears? Rough idea on date?

Thats the exact same one that I have for one of my bottles. I find it rather odd that there weren't many with the New York on the bottle.

What does the batch code say at the bottom? My bottle apparently had its code rubbed off.

I found a bottle in the sales thread hear that is claimed by the seller as vintage. Is there anyway to verify the batch year by just the bottle itself?

Using ROLS guidelines 5601 corresponds to Januaury 1996, April 2004, or August 2012.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Eau de Nyonya by Auphorie

Freed from BN Institution

[QUOTE=ILikePeeps;4643421]Thanks! My only personal experience so far may be with the modern EA stuff, and then with my Sanofi bottle. I think I received a 1oz FFI or something that was in the wrong box a little while back... maybe it was EA in an FFI box, can't remember.

But yeah, this will be the oldest one yet - got it for a song also, as kind of expected of Grey Flannel. Shame it doesn't have more hype in the frag community, it's great stuff!

I would like to think so as well.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Eau de Nyonya by Auphorie

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Thats the exact same one that I have for one of my bottles. I find it rather odd that there weren't many with the New York on the bottle.

What does the batch code say at the bottom? My bottle apparently had its code rubbed off.

I found a bottle in the sales thread hear that is claimed by the seller as vintage. Is there anyway to verify the batch year by just the bottle itself?

Using ROLS guidelines 5601 corresponds to Januaury 1996, April 2004, or August 2012.
    Hasn't arrived yet, but I'll check after it does. I think the Eau de Toilette above or below Chanel for at least this style dates it a decent bit - I haven't researched much into vintage Egoiste, but did they start transitioning that in 94 or so? I'm not sure.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Hasn't arrived yet, but I'll check after it does. I think the Eau de Toilette above or below Chanel for at least this style dates it a decent bit - I haven't researched much into vintage Egoiste, but did they start transitioning that in 94 or so? I'm not sure.
    I noticed it has a code imprinted in dot matrix on the bottom, starting with the letter "P". This is a common feature of US-made Chanel fragrances of this era.
    It's probably the only code you're going to find.

Basenotes Plus

I noticed it has a code imprinted in dot matrix on the bottom, starting with the letter "P". This is a common feature of US-made Chanel fragrances of this era.
    It's probably the only code you're going to find.
    Ooh, did not know that. But that's a sign it's indeed legit, yes? Pretty new to the whole second-hand Chanel stuff, hah
    All Hail King Kouros!

Wearing Perfume Right Now

But that's a sign it's indeed legit, yes?
    It absolutely does not look fake.

You seem so worried though, it's tempting to ponder some devilish counter-fitters selling partial bottles and using the correct batch coding for Chanel's US operations.

Some people get themselves so worked up about fakes, they continue saying the bottle is fake after they've received it, and start insisting that the counterfeiters are also gifted perfumers.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard
    Some people get themselves so worked up about fakes, they continue saying the bottle is fake after they've received it, and start insisting that the counterfeiters are also gifted perfumers.
    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
    --Saul Bellow, writer, Nobel laureate (1915-2005)

Lovely. Congrats! Can't find epocha edition anywhere. And don't have US-address
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Me as well, but for a bottle of Chanel No.5 parfum extrait.
    Grats! Pricey?

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    It absolutely does not look fake.

You seem so worried though, it's tempting to ponder some devilish counter-fitters selling partial bottles and using the correct batch coding for Chanel's US operations.

Haha, I've just kind of had it pounded in my head over the years to not buy Chanel second-hand. But I've gotten pretty used to scouring and buying up vintages that I've become pretty comfortable with that. Guess I'm easing more into the Chanel side of things specifically.

I'm pretty comfortable with the purchase, don't have much reason to believe this particular one is a fake (due to age/size/fragrance). Once I smell it, doubt may diminish as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Lovely. Congrats! Can't find epocha edition anywhere. And don't have US-address
    Thanks! Yeah I think this is the first or only 2nd time that I've seen Epocha. It went for a really low price, so that's nice as well.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Pour Monsieur EdTC - love this stuff.

Interestingly - the newer labeled EdP is out of stock on their website. Don't tell me they pulled the plug entirely on Pour Monsieur for USA/NA market..?

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    ILikePeeps, I haven’t bought it yet! I’m on the hunt for one. Sniffing around this forum for helpful tips.
    Ah, okay. I should get my nose on No. 5 more, see if my opinion of it has changed - and the flankers.. heck.. feminine marketed fragrances in general. I'm really out of the loop on them unfortunately. :/
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Kouros - silver shouldered.

All Hail King Kouros!

Page 146 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast