Code of Conduct
Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 4687
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Kouros - silver shouldered.

Youíll be full beast mode next June 1st! Personally, I plan on doing a 6 spray day coming up soon. Call it a test. Call it insanity. Iíve been curious for a while about overspraying Kouros to see what happens. Maybe cause a tear in the space/time continuum?
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    You’ll be full beast mode next June 1st! Personally, I plan on doing a 6 spray day coming up soon. Call it a test. Call it insanity. I’ve been curious for a while about overspraying Kouros to see what happens. Maybe cause a tear in the space/time continuum?
    Haha, might have a good cloud going around for you a while!

I currently have 11 Kouros bottles, so this'll be 12 by the time it arrives if I haven't sold off any of my other ones. Kouros is my fav frag of all time. I... went overboard with hoarding it, but then again if I see a deal for it, I kind of can't help myself. lol.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

I currently have 11 Kouros bottles, so this'll be 12 by the time it arrives if I haven't sold off any of my other ones. Kouros is my fav frag of all time. I... went overboard with hoarding it, but then again if I see a deal for it, I kind of can't help myself. lol.
    Lol. I totally understand that. I never talk about backup bottles in my collection but I for sure have some. BTW, do you also collect the flankers? Sorry if the information is in your BN wardrobe. I havenít looked. I have Fraicheur, Eau de Sport, Tattoo, díEte 2002, Body and Silver. My favorite changes but Iíll say that Iíve been Tattoo as evening wear very much over the last couple months.

Grey Flannel - Epocha era. I think this is the first type that came out - or close to it. ~1976-1980?

Sticker isn't on bottle, but I'm kinda hoping it's inside of the bag. I'll check after it arrives, .

Yes...Epocha is the first release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Lol. I totally understand that. I never talk about backup bottles in my collection but I for sure have some. BTW, do you also collect the flankers? Sorry if the information is in your BN wardrobe. I haven’t looked. I have Fraicheur, Eau de Sport, Tattoo, d’Ete 2002, Body and Silver. My favorite changes but I’ll say that I’ve been Tattoo as evening wear very much over the last couple months.
    Space is a concern for me with the size and variety of my collection, plus the fact I have a condo and not a palatial manor with a vault dedicated to several lifetimes worth of fragrance storage, so I tend to keep most backups to 300-400ml or about three to four 3.4oz-2.5oz (double if 1.7oz or 50ml). I don't forsee using more than that of any one fragrance before civilization unravels and I'm looted by roaming war bands or climate change wipes out all life on earth.

oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

Lol. I totally understand that. I never talk about backup bottles in my collection but I for sure have some. BTW, do you also collect the flankers? Sorry if the information is in your BN wardrobe. I haven’t looked. I have Fraicheur, Eau de Sport, Tattoo, d’Ete 2002, Body and Silver. My favorite changes but I’ll say that I’ve been Tattoo as evening wear very much over the last couple months.
    Trying to get more into the user mindset instead of collector mindset. I've done a decent job so far. Mainly keeping things I actually love and enjoy myself. Wardrobe may be drastically different than it was a few years ago.

But at the moment, no I don't have any Kouros flankers. I did have Eau de Sport and Fraicheur. Kind of regret selling the Fraicheur.

Oh, I had Cologne Sport as well.

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Yes...Epocha is the first release.
    Nice, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Space is a concern for me with the size and variety of my collection, plus the fact I have a condo and not a palatial manor with a vault dedicated to several lifetimes worth of fragrance storage, so I tend to keep most backups to 300-400ml or about three to four 3.4oz-2.5oz (double if 1.7oz or 50ml). I don't forsee using more than that of any one fragrance before civilization unravels and I'm looted by roaming war bands or climate change wipes out all life on earth.

Oh, Kouros is an outlier as far as backup bottles - not the norm! I'd like to limit other backups to just 1, possibly 2. Kouros is my fav frag, so I pretty much hoard it whenever I see something I gotta have.

Space is also a concern, and a physical limitation - as I keep my stuff in a specific container. Bought another container before, but it didn't quite feel right, so I got rid of it (I let her have it, so she stores her papers and such in it now, haha). It somewhat keeps the impulse buying and such in check.
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Freed from BN Institution

Hasn't arrived yet, but I'll check after it does. I think the Eau de Toilette above or below Chanel for at least this style dates it a decent bit - I haven't researched much into vintage Egoiste, but did they start transitioning that in 94 or so? I'm not sure.
    I believe RoRo mentioned 1994 while Bavard recently stated 1995, he also stated 1997 a bit earlier.

The New York bottles will make the dating difficult since there's a different batch code system.

My 100ml bottle 'Paris' only is from November 1993. I bought it BNIB sealed, those are such a treat to have.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Chanel Pour Monsieur EdTC - love this stuff.

Interestingly - the newer labeled EdP is out of stock on their website. Don't tell me they pulled the plug entirely on Pour Monsieur for USA/NA market..?

Ah, okay. I should get my nose on No. 5 more, see if my opinion of it has changed - and the flankers.. heck.. feminine marketed fragrances in general. I'm really out of the loop on them unfortunately. :/

I actually didn't see Pour Monsieur when I visited the Chanel Boutique just recently. No Egoiste or Antaeus either.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

What would your total volume equate to now?

Basenotes Plus

If I run out of space, then Iíll give up whichever child of mine for adoption who is being a brat and then take over his room as more storage.

Being from the south, roaming war bands sounds way more exciting! I can picture it now... me with my sleeveless shirt and pot belly hanging out yelling, ďyeehaw. Here they come, maw! Hold my beer, hand me my AR, and yíall watch this.Ē

Trying to get more into the user mindset instead of collector mindset. I've done a decent job so far. Mainly keeping things I actually love and enjoy myself. Wardrobe may be drastically different than it was a few years ago.

But at the moment, no I don't have any Kouros flankers. I did have Eau de Sport and Fraicheur. Kind of regret selling the Fraicheur.

Nice, thanks

Oh, Kouros is an outlier as far as backup bottles - not the norm! I'd like to limit other backups to just 1, possibly 2. Kouros is my fav frag, so I pretty much hoard it whenever I see something I gotta have.

Space is also a concern, and a physical limitation - as I keep my stuff in a specific container. Bought another container before, but it didn't quite feel right, so I got rid of it (I let her have it, so she stores her papers and such in it now, haha). It somewhat keeps the impulse buying and such in check.
    I applaud your efforts. The user mindset is better overall for budgeting. The collector budget has no ceiling and can be dangerous. I actually recently looked at my collection and thinking that I really need to cull the herd down to owning just what I consider an 8/10 or better. There honestly is a lot that I enjoy smelling but never wear and donít know that I will anymore. Some folks might faint if they knew some of the items that sit untouched in my wardrobe.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    What would your total volume equate to now?
    Of just Kouros? Hmmm not sure, maybe somewhere around ~600 - 800ml.

I applaud your efforts. The user mindset is better overall for budgeting. The collector budget has no ceiling and can be dangerous. I actually recently looked at my collection and thinking that I really need to cull the herd down to owning just what I consider an 8/10 or better. There honestly is a lot that I enjoy smelling but never wear and don’t know that I will anymore. Some folks might faint if they knew some of the items that sit untouched in my wardrobe.
    Yeah, collection was over ~3x as big in the past - but I've learned and changed my ways a good bit. Trying to keep it more to loves, kind of ignoring 'compliment getters' and dumb reaches that don't really give me satisfaction. Ideally it'd just be stuff I truly love - that 8/10 is a good idea!

Pray tell of the untold goodies you have!
    All Hail King Kouros!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Nice, thanks

My outlier is Avon (of course) but it happened by accident. Diddy knows the story. $1 a bottle for deep vintages. Filled 3 backpacks.

If I run out of space, then I’ll give up whichever child of mine for adoption who is being a brat and then take over his room as more storage.

Being from the south, roaming war bands sounds way more exciting! I can picture it now... me with my sleeveless shirt and pot belly hanging out yelling, “yeehaw. Here they come, maw! Hold my beer, hand me my AR, and y’all watch this.”

I applaud your efforts. The user mindset is better overall for budgeting. The collector budget has no ceiling and can be dangerous. I actually recently looked at my collection and thinking that I really need to cull the herd down to owning just what I consider an 8/10 or better. There honestly is a lot that I enjoy smelling but never wear and don’t know that I will anymore. Some folks might faint if they knew some of the items that sit untouched in my wardrobe.
    Mad Max Fury Eau

Basenotes Plus

My outlier is Avon (of course) but it happened by accident. Diddy knows the story. $1 a bottle for deep vintages. Filled 3 backpacks.
    lol, as one does. It's easy to get carried away in this hobby. I only have myself to blame... I keep hunting for gems, ugh.
    All Hail King Kouros!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

lol, as one does. It's easy to get carried away in this hobby. I only have myself to blame... I keep hunting for gems, ugh.
    I do love me some Kouros though.

Basenotes Plus

Default Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Of just Kouros? Hmmm not sure, maybe somewhere around ~600 - 800ml.

Yeah, collection was over ~3x as big in the past - but I've learned and changed my ways a good bit. Trying to keep it more to loves, kind of ignoring 'compliment getters' and dumb reaches that don't really give me satisfaction. Ideally it'd just be stuff I truly love - that 8/10 is a good idea!

Pray tell of the untold goodies you have!
    I understand totally about the dumb reaches and all that. And 8/10 and above is my love term goal really. If my budget were actually higher and I had a cellar, Iíd likely curate a pretty Hednic-like (respectfully) collection. A museum essentially.

Every now and then Iíll slip thoughts on goodies across PM, and, even more rarely, in open on threads viewable to the public. A lot of what I have are the usual suspects for vintage lovers. Stuff that I got at really good prices or through the graciousness of others. But, there are a few goodies buried within the mix that people may not expect. My 8/10ís arenít always tethered to high prices. But my unicorns are frustratingly accurately called unicorns, as in good luck finding them or anything about them... which is why I donít mention them aloud for fear the one bottle left find it to unappreciative curious hands! Lol. So instead I say things easier to find, but that are still outstanding, like Bel Ami.

Mad Max Fury Eau
    Let me tell you all right now, in case ya donít know - if you want to find an Avon right for you, ZC is your hookup. Thereís a lot in the Avon collection thatís ok but wonít blow the doors off the competition. Then youíll come across something unexpected and ahead of its time like BOOM where did that come from! And itíll cost you the price of a McDonaldís hot apple pie.
    Last edited by Diddy; 11th June 2019 at 11:41 AM.

It's easy to get carried away in this hobby. I only have myself to blame... I keep hunting for gems, ugh.
    Tru dat.
    carven - Edited.jpg
    Currently wearing: Dunhill for Men by Dunhill

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Avon is just around the corner! I like apple pie, love apple strudel, and my favorite is apple crumble.

Avon is perfect for my needs, since I save the big bucks for my Guerlain fix. I’m not “done” yet.
    I'm gonna run riot on Guerlain one day and scoop up bottles of VdN, l'hB, AL'O, and the classic EdCs like Imperiale, but not yet.

Basenotes Plus

I understand totally about the dumb reaches and all that. And 8/10 and above is my love term goal really. If my budget were actually higher and I had a cellar, I’d likely curate a pretty Hednic-like (respectfully) collection. A museum essentially.

Every now and then I’ll slip thoughts on goodies across PM, and, even more rarely, in open on threads viewable to the public. A lot of what I have are the usual suspects for vintage lovers. Stuff that I got at really good prices or through the graciousness of others. But, there are a few goodies buried within the mix that people may not expect. My 8/10’s aren’t always tethered to high prices. But my unicorns are frustratingly accurately called unicorns, as in good luck finding them or anything about them... which is why I don’t mention them aloud for fear the one bottle left find it to unappreciative curious hands! Lol. So instead I say things easier to find, but that are still outstanding, like Bel Ami.

Let me tell you all right now, in case ya don’t know - if you want to find an Avon right for you, ZC is your hookup. There’s a lot in the Avon collection that’s ok but won’t blow the doors off the competition. Then you’ll come across something unexpected and ahead of its time like BOOM where did that come from! And it’ll cost you the price of a McDonald’s hot apple pie.
    Haha, feel free to slip me one of those PMs every now and then!

Now, to find some more 8+/10 dumb grabs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post

Grats!
    All Hail King Kouros!

[Whoops, meant to post in vintage SOTD! Original post moved!]

I did buy a mini of Roger & Gallet Santal. Nice soapy/floral with a light sandalwood touch.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Eau de Patou last night. I don't know what it is about that specific composition that makes my eyes roll back into my head every time...so wonderful. Makes me feel lighter.
    Oh god me too. It's that dirty/clean thing that only the French can do to perfection.

Which bottle style did you wind up buying, LJ?

Had food poisoning over the weekend and this is the first day I've felt safe exposing myself to a heavier scent without being at risk of further vomiting.
    Ouch. No fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Oh god me too. It's that dirty/clean thing that only the French can do to perfection.

Which bottle style did you wind up buying, LJ?
    I already had the bottle and misposted in to the bought today thread! But it's the frosted cone/cylinder bottle. Cool looking thing.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I already had the bottle and misposted in to the bought today thread! But it's the frosted cone/cylinder bottle. Cool looking thing.
    You're probably just still a little delirious.

Basenotes Plus

Grey Flannel - Epocha era. I think this is the first type that came out - or close to it. ~1976-1980?

Sticker isn't on bottle, but I'm kinda hoping it's inside of the bag. I'll check after it arrives, .

Haha wow, it arrived today and I actually did go and look inside the bag...

BOOM!

It actually was in the bag!! Woo
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Haha wow, it arrived today and I actually did go and look inside the bag...

BOOM!

It actually was in the bag!! Woo
    Awesome! Congrats on that. Iíll be curious to read your thoughts on how it smells versus other distributions.

Basenotes Plus

Awesome! Congrats on that. I’ll be curious to read your thoughts on how it smells versus other distributions.
    I smelled it from the bottle, but haven't applied it yet. Smelled good to me! I might do a kind of solo wearing first, and then another time mix it up with adding my Sanofi type.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

I smelled it from the bottle, but haven't applied it yet. Smelled good to me! I might do a kind of solo wearing first, and then another time mix it up with adding my Sanofi type.
    That reads like a good plan to me.

Basenotes Plus

Inspired by a local swamp monster....

Prince de Galles Sport

Preliminary impressions only: Crispy! Super buoyant, almost fizzy. This is one fine vetiver, maybe just a smidge sweeter than I usually like my vetivers, but that is balanced with some crunchy nutmeg. No soap in sight.

I see Cuney has been been wearing this one too. I'll take it for a full shakedown cruise this weekend.

Between this and the half-case of Florida Water, I've been on a bit of a cheapie binge. But at least I'll be able to douse myself lavishly in the summer heat without a twinge of conscience.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Inspired by a local swamp monster....

Prince de Galles Sport

Preliminary impressions only: Crispy! This is one fine vetiver, maybe just a smidge sweeter than I usually like my vetivers, but that is balanced with some crunchy clove. No soap in sight.

I see Cuney has been been wearing this one too. I'll take it for a full shakedown cruise this weekend.

Never heard of it. Do posts your thoughts post cruise.

As for me, a friend mentioned that she used to wear this but could not find it anywhere. She thinks it has been discontinued. Not sure. Anywhoo, I was able to snag a couple and I must say they are really nice but smell like reformulated versions.
    Any info on these Houbigants.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Any info on these Houbigants.
    I know squat about Houbigant, but I'll bet Grayspoole has the goods. She doesn't check in here much, you might want to PM her.

Pretty bottles, though.

Basenotes Plus

Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast