Code of Conduct
Page 169 of 180 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 5398
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Ooh this is nice. A spray is even better. I knew you had trouble with the top of Derby. How do you feel now ?
    I'm learning to love the clove-rich top of Derby over time. It's true that I liked the opening of the vintage Derby aftershave more than the vintage edt. But over time, the richness of the edt comes out in the development, and I like it more.

I also recently got into another clove fragrance, vintage Coty L'Origan edt, so I'm becoming a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    That's a fantastic acquisition, congrats!!
    Thank you so much, Sisyphus. It sounds like you're a Guerlain fan, and you're wearing Heritage today?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Guerlain Derby

Attachment 108455

I won an eBay auction for this. I have had vintage Derby on the brain since the Scotch and Perfume party when the base had been so good.

I came close to coughing up $450 for a bottle at one point, so missing out on that one has worked out for the best. Following the Derby ads, I had seen one go really quickly recently in a "Buy it Now" for about $400. That put me even more on the case. I was wishing I had gone for that one - it was the Listerine style bottle, perfectly pristine looking.

The juice in the eagle bottles often looks darker. I like that look. The box has some scuffs, but it seemed like I was spraying it for the first time. I think I put in my max bid as $351.

I have been losing a bunch of auctions recently. So many. This time, someone else bid up to $350. The bid I had put in several days before the end of the auction won!

The first wearing from the new bottle was great.

It took me a long time to get used to the opening of this. I tried vintage Derby for the first time back in 2014, and only finally got a bottle five years later. I've been on a Guerlain collecting kick, and this one was crying out to join the collection.
    Congratulations!!! Nice find. Some day I would love to add a bottle to my collection.
    I need to find a mini or sample. I don't think I would blind buy such an expensive treasure. Cheers!
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Derby

Attachment 108455

I won an eBay auction for this. I have had vintage Derby on the brain since the Scotch and Perfume party when the base had been so good..

Brilliant stuff, Bavard

I was absolutely thrilled when I snagged my vintage bottle just recently. I'm in great company

Guerlain Derby

Attachment 108455

I won an eBay auction for this. I have had vintage Derby on the brain since the Scotch and Perfume party when the base had been so good.

I came close to coughing up $450 for a bottle at one point, so missing out on that one has worked out for the best. Following the Derby ads, I had seen one go really quickly recently in a "Buy it Now" for about $400. That put me even more on the case. I was wishing I had gone for that one - it was the Listerine style bottle, perfectly pristine looking.

The juice in the eagle bottles often looks darker. I like that look. The box has some scuffs, but it seemed like I was spraying it for the first time. I think I put in my max bid as $351.

I have been losing a bunch of auctions recently. So many. This time, someone else bid up to $350. The bid I had put in several days before the end of the auction won!

The first wearing from the new bottle was great.

It took me a long time to get used to the opening of this. I tried vintage Derby for the first time back in 2014, and only finally got a bottle five years later. I've been on a Guerlain collecting kick, and this one was crying out to join the collection.
    Ya got it ! Congrats.

One day...I'll have a big boy not only the miniature !

ENJOY IT <3.
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !

Basenotes Plus

Thank you so much, Sisyphus. It sounds like you're a Guerlain fan, and you're wearing Heritage today?
    Yes indeed. Well Heritage was yesterday, today it's Jicky. Have mostly curent formulations though, only Habit Rouge I have in vintage condition. Regarding vintage, right now I'm mostly eying for Jicky and Mouchoir de Monsieur.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk

Currently wearing: Aramis 900 by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents View Post
    Congratulations!!! Nice find. Some day I would love to add a bottle to my collection.
    I need to find a mini or sample. I don't think I would blind buy such an expensive treasure. Cheers!
    There are some mini's around. With your collection, a mini is all you would ever get to wearing, I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Brilliant stuff, Bavard

I was absolutely thrilled when I snagged my vintage bottle just recently. I'm in great company
    Thanks, Jon. I have Habit Rouge in that same ribbed bottle. I love a ribbed bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleanu View Post
    Ya got it ! Congrats.

One day...I'll have a big boy not only the miniature !

ENJOY IT <3.
    Thanks, Deleanu. There are so many fragrances I just have as a miniature: Eau Sauvage, Ebene de Balmain, Oscar de la Rente Pour Lui, No. 5 parfum, etc.

Basenotes Plus

Yeah I think it is about time I start selling some stuff off. It's great to get to try all these fragrances but once you have so many it's hard to decide which one to wear. I usually just grab what I have out front in the closet. I still have most of my collection in totes when I remodeled the computer room.

Yeah I think it is about time I start selling some stuff off. It's great to get to try all these fragrances but once you have so many it's hard to decide which one to wear. I usually just grab what I have out front in the closet. I still have most of my collection in totes when I remodeled the computer room.
    You're in a position of strength to get your wardrobe just how you want it.

Basenotes Plus

I know what you mean. I’ve got stuff that I haven’t sprayed in several years. I often dream of culling down my collection to less than 100 that I adore. And then I back off. I mean, it’s hard to get rid of my babies.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I know what you mean. I’ve got stuff that I haven’t sprayed in several years. I often dream of culling down my collection to less than 100 that I adore. And then I back off. I mean, it’s hard to get rid of my babies.
    It is! I do have a bunch of backup bottles i could cull though. There are several I can live without too

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan View Post
    Very nice!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I’m excited to try these. At first sniff the Woodhue isn’t as woody as I expected and the Tigress has some nice warm spices. The other 2 in the Quartette are Act IV and Aphrodisia. These are all new to me.
    C1A0C428-3F25-4D2D-AA63-6DB569675F77.jpg
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Givenchy III by Givenchy

I’m posting this here because usually this is a place to show our triumphs, but they don’t always work out that way. I bought this Avon Yorkie full of Topaz (which is arguably NOT as cute as my dog, Penny) but the fume was stanky and not in a good way. Guess I’ll look for another bottle of the legendary Topaz that is intact. Penny likes the little dog bottle though.
    797892E2-3361-46C5-BE5D-923D24A0EAB8.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Currently wearing: Phileas by Nina Ricci

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    I bought this Avon Yorkie full of Topaz (which is arguably NOT as cute as my dog, Penny) but the fume was stanky and not in a good way. Guess I’ll look for another bottle of the legendary Topaz that is intact. Penny likes the little dog bottle though.
    There's no argument: Penny is much cuter. (And apparently smells better, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    There's no argument: Penny is much cuter. (And apparently smells better, too.)
    Now that you mention it .. she really does!

Basenotes Plus

Default Vintage Fragrances I bought today

It is! I do have a bunch of backup bottles i could cull though. There are several I can live without too
    See? When you say stuff like “backup bottles” it makes me think you have something I need to acquire!

I’m posting this here because usually this is a place to show our triumphs, but they don’t always work out that way. I bought this Avon Yorkie full of Topaz (which is arguably NOT as cute as my dog, Penny) but the fume was stanky and not in a good way. Guess I’ll look for another bottle of the legendary Topaz that is intact. Penny likes the little dog bottle though.
    Pic of the year!

Basenotes Plus

I’m excited to try these. At first sniff the Woodhue isn’t as woody as I expected and the Tigress has some nice warm spices. The other 2 in the Quartette are Act IV and Aphrodisia. These are all new to me.
    I've seen a lot of Faberge quartettes in my time, but never one with Act IV -- usually that slot is filled by Straw Hat or Flambeau. In fact, I've never heard of Act IV; what does it smell like?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    See? When you say stuff like “backup bottles” it makes me think you have something I need to acquire!

Pic of the year!
    Whachu need man? Hahaha what's sad is Id probably want to work out a trade instead of sale! Hehehe it's a sickness I do believe! Ha

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I have yet to reach that point, but am coming upon it soon.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

Whachu need man? Hahaha what's sad is Id probably want to work out a trade instead of sale! Hehehe it's a sickness I do believe! Ha
    Next thing ya know we’re all, “I’ll see your Moschino and raise you a Bel Ami...”

We’re hopeless.

Freed from BN Institution

I just saw your wardrobe, I would get overwhelmed if I owned that many bottles. Having a difficult time deciding what to wear is never good and that's why I don't try to own too many bottles with the exception of backups. I've already rotated out a fair number of bottles from my own collection.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

My dog wouldn't stay still long enough for a pose like this.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I've seen a lot of Faberge quartettes in my time, but never one with Act IV -- usually that slot is filled by Straw Hat or Flambeau. In fact, I've never heard of Act IV; what does it smell like?
    Just got my Quartette today so I haven’t had a chance to test the Act lV or Aphrodesia yet. I think this specific group of four is due to age. Flambeau came out in 1955 while all the others, including Straw Hat were out by1950. Below is a pic of a Quartette that has the same group of 4 and has the gold script on the bottles like mine has that is absent in later Quartettes. There are several similar ones selling now, and others without the script that include Flambeau and so must be post 1955.. I believe this box style with the fancy Faberge lettering precedes the Quartette box I have but probably just barely. I’d actually like to try Flambeau and Straw Hat but for now I opted for the more vintage Tigress and Woodhue. We’ll see if that was a good choice after I see how they’ve held up.
    980C9126-F89F-404C-9E94-E6F4B3E11357.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Plus

9-10-19.jpg
    Not pictured: sample of Creed Baie de Genièvre Feuilles de Canneliers.

Basenotes Plus

9-10-19.jpg
    Ah, Z-14, probably my all-time favorite men's cheapie. Though I do prefer Elsa Peretti's pinch bottle; it just feels so good in the hand.

In that tiny photo format, I mistook the Pinaud for a bottle of hot sauce.

9-10-19.jpg
    Hopefully you'll enjoy Baie de Genievere, that is worth securing a bottle of. So is Bois Du Portugal and Vintage Tabarome.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Hopefully you'll enjoy Baie de Genievere, that is worth securing a bottle of. So is Bois Du Portugal and Vintage Tabarome.
    He has Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve so he does not need Vintage Tabaorome
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Page 169 of 180 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast