Code of Conduct
Page 51 of 202 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 6040
o
  1. #1501
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Sorry about that. I believe this Land thing is my fault.
    This is why I stopped writing positive reviews on HTF stuff until I already owned a bottle. Already shot myself in the foot on several instances where somebody snarfed up every decent eBay listing or the scalpers doubled prices after a glowing review.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  2. #1502
    Super Member munch357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Alfred Sung Homme


    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

  3. #1503
    Basenotes Junkie Cevenol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto, Bahia, Languedoc
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Sorry about that. I believe this Land thing is my fault.
    Good job! Lol
    Currently wearing: Infusion de Rose by Prada

  4. #1504
    Basenotes Junkie Cevenol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto, Bahia, Languedoc
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    This is why I stopped writing positive reviews on HTF stuff until I already owned a bottle. Already shot myself in the foot on several instances where somebody snarfed up every decent eBay listing or the scalpers doubled prices after a glowing review.
    This one was in store, never bought any vintage online, ebay or otherwise so far except Insense.
    Was 80 CAD, so many deals round here I could kill on ebay but I have no interest in that, rather let the next lucky guy enjoy
    Currently wearing: Infusion de Rose by Prada

  5. #1505
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,363

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Sorry about that. I believe this Land thing is my fault.
    Well, we have to blame somebody. You're officially an Influencer, and you didn't even have to start a YouTube channel to get there.

    I just gave up and ordered a mini. Might as well make sure I'm really in love with it before jumping into the maelstrom.

  6. #1506
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cevenol View Post
    This one was in store, never bought any vintage online, ebay or otherwise so far except Insense.
    Was 80 CAD, so many deals round here I could kill on ebay but I have no interest in that, rather let the next lucky guy enjoy
    To that point, I have an amusing story to share: I will concede finding old 50ml spray bottles of original Chaps, Kouros and (comparatively unknown) Scott McClintock for literally under $5USD at a Pike Place Market rummage shop here in Seattle. Each one of those in those sizes unused goes over $100 on eBay, and the Chaps over $200. I've actually paid MORE for the vintage Avon this same shop had than these three combined. I couldn't help but feel little horns poking up on my head as I walked away with $400+ in vintage juice for the price of a meal at Denny's.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  7. #1507
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,965

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    To that point, I have an amusing story to share: I will concede finding old 50ml spray bottles of original Chaps, Kouros and (comparatively unknown) Scott McClintock for literally under $5USD at a Pike Place Market rummage shop here in Seattle. Each one of those in those sizes unused goes over $100 on eBay, and the Chaps over $200. I've actually paid MORE for the vintage Avon this same shop had than these three combined. I couldn't help but feel little horns poking up on my head as I walked away with $400+ in vintage juice for the price of a meal at Denny's.
    Ah, Denny's. What a great place to pile on some calories at the end of a night of drunken debauchery on the town. So awful, in so many ways. And yet, so right. Haven't ate at one in forever... nor a night like that in as long. Almost as life saving as a Waffle House. Now THAT is one classy joint.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  8. #1508
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Ah, Denny's. What a great place to pile on some calories at the end of a night of drunken debauchery on the town. So awful, in so many ways. And yet, so right. Haven't ate at one in forever... nor a night like that in as long. Almost as life saving as a Waffle House. Now THAT is one classy joint.
    I'd still take the vintage frags over Waffle House, sorry. XD
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  9. #1509
    in civet est veritas
    AceyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Culver City, raised ATL
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy
    Now THAT is one classy joint.
    If you were shooting for sarcasm ... it didn't work.

    The truth is "The Awful Waffle," as some lovingly refer to it, takes good care of their employees (benefits, promotion opportunities, etc.) unlike most other national fast food chains and it's reflected in the customer experience. If you wonder why you'd see the same faces at a place for ten-plus years, it's because reasons.

    And as someone who worked on a 24/7/365 job for a decade, I appreciate their quality and consistency vis-a-vis their menu (a style I happen to love anyway). I ate many a Thanksgiving meal (and a few Christmas dinners) at Waffle House and am not ashamed to say so.

    /Acey

    p.s. I have some vintage juice enroute from overseas but will hold off details until in hand. Hint: CHANEL.
    Last edited by AceyMan; 7th April 2018 at 03:50 AM. Reason: p.s.

  10. #1510
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,363

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Almost as life saving as a Waffle House. Now THAT is one classy joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    If you were shooting for sarcasm ... it didn't work.
    I've seen some wacky arguments on Basenotes, but -- a Waffle House shootout? Seriously?

    I think I'll go see what's shaking in the Aventus subforum. Maybe they've scattered & smothered some new batch codes.

  11. #1511
    Basenotes Junkie Cevenol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto, Bahia, Languedoc
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Sorry about that. I believe this Land thing is my fault.
    Very very nice Eps! I'm really digging it
    Currently wearing: Infusion de Rose by Prada

  12. #1512
    Basenotes Junkie Cevenol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto, Bahia, Languedoc
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    To that point, I have an amusing story to share: I will concede finding old 50ml spray bottles of original Chaps, Kouros and (comparatively unknown) Scott McClintock for literally under $5USD at a Pike Place Market rummage shop here in Seattle. Each one of those in those sizes unused goes over $100 on eBay, and the Chaps over $200. I've actually paid MORE for the vintage Avon this same shop had than these three combined. I couldn't help but feel little horns poking up on my head as I walked away with $400+ in vintage juice for the price of a meal at Denny's.
    Sweet, never had a 5, 10 bucks story...just plenty of in stores good deals. I love the dusty corners and what you got behind, under, up there, in the back type situation. The hunt is part of the fun. As in today, I was like Yesss!!
    Currently wearing: Infusion de Rose by Prada

  13. #1513
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I've seen some wacky arguments on Basenotes, but -- a Waffle House shootout? Seriously?

    I think I'll go see what's shaking in the Aventus subforum. Maybe they've scattered & smothered some new batch codes.
    Your level of shade-throwing is God-tier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cevenol View Post
    Sweet, never had a 5, 10 bucks story...just plenty of in stores good deals. I love the dusty corners and what you got behind, under, up there, in the back type situation. The hunt is part of the fun. As in today, I was like Yesss!!
    That's how I got my Monsieur Jõvan. A mall fragrance kiosk had it marked for like $30 and had it for a decade behind boxes of Jõvan Sex Appeal. The poet shirt Englebert Humperdink clone on the box gave it away to me. Stuff goes for silly prices online.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  14. #1514
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I've seen some wacky arguments on Basenotes, but -- a Waffle House shootout? Seriously?

    I think I'll go see what's shaking in the Aventus subforum. Maybe they've scattered & smothered some new batch codes.
    Nicely done
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Genny (original) by Genny

  15. #1515
    Basenotes Plus

    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    VINTAGE BOIS DU PORTUGAL

    Creed scents are nice, however Bois Du Portugal and Baie de Genievre are particularily impressive. Mature scents.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Tabac Blond by Caron

  16. #1516
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    I had been keeping an eye out for YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration. Tonight I found one that I thought I'd take a chance with.

    YSLPourHomme.jpg

  17. #1517
    Basenotes Junkie Cevenol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto, Bahia, Languedoc
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    B2DCBF49-62D9-4629-8394-A7CA50361C9D.jpg


    Added to my 30 ml mini well worth the big bottle, great stuff
    Currently wearing: Infusion de Rose by Prada

  18. #1518
    Basenotes Plus
    jsccna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Nice haul. Should last you this lifetime
    Thank you mate

  19. #1519
    Basenotes Plus
    jsccna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today


  20. #1520
    DOCPSYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Ah, Denny's. What a great place to pile on some calories at the end of a night of drunken debauchery on the town. So awful, in so many ways. And yet, so right. Haven't ate at one in forever... nor a night like that in as long. Almost as life saving as a Waffle House. Now THAT is one classy joint.
    Mr. Diddy,

    I read a story recently about some drunken dude went in to a waffle house at 3 am. He found the two staff members asleep in one of the booths so he made his own breakfast. "What a country" "Only in Merica".
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

    Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

  21. #1521
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,965

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    Mr. Diddy,

    I read a story recently about some drunken dude went in to a waffle house at 3 am. He found the two staff members asleep in one of the booths so he made his own breakfast. "What a country" "Only in Merica".
    That's hilarious! That drunken dude could've been me, on more than one occasion!

    And I suppose I should let the cat out of the bag here... I truly have nothing against Waffle House.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  22. #1522
    Dependent
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Internet Tubes
    Posts
    6,624

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Ah, Denny's. What a great place to pile on some calories at the end of a night of drunken debauchery on the town. So awful, in so many ways. And yet, so right. Haven't ate at one in forever... nor a night like that in as long. Almost as life saving as a Waffle House. Now THAT is one classy joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    I read a story recently about some drunken dude went in to a waffle house at 3 am. He found the two staff members asleep in one of the booths so he made his own breakfast. "What a country" "Only in Merica".
    Ha ha!!! That reminds me... In my younger years I had to spend a little bit of time in Columbus, OH. There was no better (and by that I do mean "worse") place to go at 3am while drunk than a local joint called Tee Jaye’s for a big hot piping plate of their famous Barnyard Buster. They are so known for it that even their restaurant is really referred to as "Barnyard Buster" - and even their web site is barnyardbuster.com, not anything based on "Tee Jaye’s" :-) If you visit their web site they don't do the dish any justice with the photo. In real life, the plate is twice the size, and there's probably a good half a gallon of country sausage gravy on top of everything. So wrong... yet soooooooo good. It pretty much guaratneed that if you downed this monstrosity, any notion of drunkedness and not feeling too good would go away. It had magical powers of absorbing all alcolohol from your system. By 4am you were good as new and could drive yourself home. Ah, memories...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  23. #1523
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,363

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    That's how I got my Monsieur Jõvan. A mall fragrance kiosk had it marked for like $30 and had it for a decade behind boxes of Jõvan Sex Appeal. The poet shirt Englebert Humperdink clone on the box gave it away to me. Stuff goes for silly prices online.
    Had to Google that one.

    Haha! He looks like Poldark.


  24. #1524
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Had to Google that one.

    Haha! He looks like Poldark.

    Gary Puckett was my second choice but Egglebreak HumptyDump is more fun to type. Similar to that Bendabrick Cucumberbatch fellow.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  25. #1525
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    tumbleweeds here.
    Something to make the day exciting

    https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/f...deep.html?_r=3
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Genny (original) by Genny

  26. #1526
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    tumbleweeds here.
    Something to make the day exciting

    https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/f...deep.html?_r=3
    IMG_20180411_121404_645.jpg

    Considering you are trying to sell yours, this probably won't do, but here goes.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  27. #1527
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,475

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    IMG_20180411_121404_645.jpg

    Considering you are trying to sell yours, this probably won't do, but here goes.
    Mine would have been better
    MegaMav was the one who turned me to this.
    Plummy tobacco
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Genny (original) by Genny

  28. #1528

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Not today, but these have arrived in the last 2 weeks, or since I made my last post in this thread

    Polo Green, Cosmair
    Bogart Furyo
    Balenciaga Pour Homme
    Maxim Pour Homme
    Drakkar Noir
    Puig Sybaris

    april-haul.jpg

  29. #1529
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,098
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Mine would have been better
    MegaMav was the one who turned me to this.
    Plummy tobacco
    I got a 4.2 for the same price as your 2.5. Sorry, I am a slave to a bargain but I agree, plummy tobacco and booze is yummy.

    Quote Originally Posted by sproaty View Post
    Not today, but these have arrived in the last 2 weeks, or since I made my last post in this thread

    Polo Green, Cosmair
    Bogart Furyo
    Balenciaga Pour Homme
    Maxim Pour Homme
    Drakkar Noir
    Puig Sybaris

    april-haul.jpg
    Looks like literally note-for-note you've been studying our daily wears and reviews. Good job! Sneak some Ho Hang Club and Salvador Dali Pour Homme into that stash if you haven't already and thank Epapsiou after you do!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  30. #1530

    Default Re: Vintage Fragrances I bought today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Looks like literally note-for-note you've been studying our daily wears and reviews. Good job! Sneak some Ho Hang Club and Salvador Dali Pour Homme into that stash if you haven't already and thank Epapsiou after you do!
    I may have been influenced by here quite a bit! >_>
    Have done a fair bit of researching and just gone for things with high praise based on what I do like
    I have a small mini of Dali PH and have found a vintage 100ml on ebay for what seems like not TOO much but I have overdone it with fragrance buys lately and need to acquaint myself with my recent buys before getting more




Page 51 of 202 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Today I bought September 2016
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 30th September 2016, 09:42 PM
  2. Today I bought: August 2016
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 1st September 2016, 09:02 PM
  3. Today I bought: May 2016
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 555
    Last Post: 2nd June 2016, 04:59 AM
  4. Today I bought May 2016
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 1st June 2016, 04:52 AM
  5. Today I Bought May 2016
    By Scentologist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd May 2016, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000