Code of Conduct

Thread: Eric Buterbaugh

o

Default Eric Buterbaugh

Through perfumeshrine, I became aware of the brand Eric Buterbaugh. Has any of our californian bners tried?

The guy apparently is a famous florist in Los Angeles. The webpage contains an article
    http://ebflorals.com/pages/about
    which gives some info. Of interest, they're open to admitting they're using Firmenich ("famed")-including, it appears from the BN directory-Morillas. They also admit that the perfumers didn't spend much time developing the perfumes (a fact which is given a positive spin: some of the big brands do hundreds of modifications, so that the essence of what the perfumer did is lost-but we haven't).

Below is also an ad with Paltrow, Ritchie, and Moore, indicating that this part of the budget was substantial. (though it's not clear the ad is for the perfumes, it looks more for the floral business, which is certainly lucrative).

The 7 floral perfumes are actually listed in the BN directory, with only one review.

cacio

Default Re: Eric Buterbaugh

I have heard nice things about them, but they are pricey and not widely distributed, so that may be why no one has talked much about them.

Basenotes Junkie

Reviving an old thread as Eric Buterbaugh recently became available at my local SAKS. Still very little on line about the brand. Is anyone who has tried them able to post any thoughts?

Basenotes Plus

I own Apollo hyacinth and Oud Orange Flower and they are excellent, the whole collection is well crafted made by some of the best perfumers in the industry, strongly recommend it.

Thanks for the info. A hyacinth has certainly my attention, there are so few of them around and I like the smell.
    I'll have to look for them as well. I hope they don't cost as much as his actual flowers.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Thanks for the info. A hyacinth has certainly my attention, there are so few of them around and I like the smell.
    I'll have to look for them as well. I hope they don't cost as much as his actual flowers.
    They are not cheap, they also change the presentation since before they came on a refillable bottle and now they come with a sprayer, I don't know if that means they reformulated them or not.

They have them at Saks here in Chicago. I've sniffed Fragile Violet on paper and thought it was nice, but I haven't tried it on skin.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Need to seek them out by the Saks near me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Need to seek them out by the Saks near me.
    This flew under your radar?, this is a new one, Hednic give it a try since they are one of the best kept secrets. As I mentioned before their black bottles are extremely well done.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    Hednic give it a try since they are one of the best kept secrets. As I mentioned before their black bottles are extremely well done.
    I will try them the next time I'm there.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I will try them the next time I'm there.
    I'm kind of surprised you don't have the luxury box already! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'm kind of surprised you don't have the luxury box already! LOL

This looks like a bespoke presentation. I'd love to smell them, but they're probably out of my league...