Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Rasasi Reference thread

Having very limited experience with the offerings of this house I thought it might be a good idea to have a place that everyone could share their impressions.

I personally have only sampled 2 releases but found them both to be exceptional.....especially at their price point.

Al Wisam Day
    This is closet to Silver Mountain Water I have tried. I own Mancera Wild Fruits, Bond Hamptons, Al Rehab Silver, and Montale Boise Fruite. I also own Silver Mountain Water. I must say that Al Wisam Day is the absolute closest to the original and every bit as good....may actually be better

la yuqawam
    An Amazing alternative to Tuscan Leather for a fraction of the cost

I've heard good things about others in the lineup. Please let us know your experiences....what you liked.....what you didn't.....let's hear it!

Default Re: Rasasi Reference thread

I own the two you mentioned and I pretty much agree exactly with your assessment of them.

I have another two also:

I think Faqat Lil Rijal is amazing.. It's probably my favourite from Rasasi at the moment. My favourite oud fragrance for a very reasonable price. I've bought an extra few bottles just incase it becomes difficult to find at any stage. Heres to hoping it doesn't.

I also have Oud al Mubakhar.. which I found somewhat disappointing.
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 8th November 2016 at 01:47 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Excellent idea!

Same assessment I have with your 2 DD.

Faqat Lik Rijal has now been added to my list.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Such excellent timing!

I was just spending the past couple hours researching Rasasi fragrances. For fun, I'm going to blind buy a bunch of them from beautyspin.

After reading reviews/discussion, thus far, I'm pretty set on Rasasi Pour Lui (zebra on package... this is supposed to bear some Aventus similarities),
    Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi Leo (supposed to be a take on Jubilation XXV), Al Wisam Day (SMW similarities?) and Khaltat Al Oudh.

I'm looking forward to reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurChanel View Post
    I own the two you mentioned and I pretty much agree exactly with your assessment of them.

I have another two also:

I think Faqat Lil Rijal is amazing.. It's probably my favourite from Rasasi at the moment. My favourite oud fragrance for a very reasonable price. I've bought an extra few bottles just incase it becomes difficult to find at any stage. Heres to hoping it doesn't.

I also have Oud al Mubakhar.. which I found somewhat disappointing.
    Just ordered
    Faqat Lil Rijal Based on your Recommendation
    Also ordered:
    Xtraordinaire Musky
    Erga
    I will update when they arrive

Dependent

I have Rasasi Aromatic Xtraordinaire, it always gets alot of compliments and has great performance. I think its compared to Silver Mountain water, but Im not sure, Ive only smelled SMW once. Its a really good scent, its hard to find though, you might be able to get it on amazon. Not rasasi but also check out Afnan arabian gems, its apparently a clone of fico di almalfi, really amazing scent worth checking out for fig based. Both have a high end scent.

Basenotes Junkie

I ordered my first Rasasi from beauty spin for $7. It arrives tomorrow.

I got Khaltat Al Oudh EDP. Really excited to try it out.

I have smelt almost all popular items from this house, and some of them are really good.
    Personally, I like (may be in the same order) and own the followings:

LaYuqawam
    Dareej
    Yazan
    Tasmeem
    Attar Al Mohabba
    Mahyouba

Has anyone tried Rasasi pour Lui 9453? Apparently a Jubilation XXV clone?!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

My favourite is Chastity Men. It reminds me of Minotaure but is not an exact analogue.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Duel by Annick Goutal

Have 10ml samples of La Yuk and Tobacco Blaze. Didn't care for either. Screechy, cheap, synthetic, rubbing alcohol. In my opinion, naturally.

Am in no hurry to try any of their other offerings.
    No live organism can continue for love to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.

Rasasi Rumz al Rasasi with Leopard : Nice Jubilation like sweet oudy frag. blackcurrant, red berries , incense I can detect
    Rasasi Rumz al Rasasi with Zebra : Very nice Aventus clone !
    Rasasi Rumz al Rasasi with Crocodile: This is a new one. I hope someone tries.

Quote Originally Posted by khuss21 View Post
    Has anyone tried Rasasi pour Lui 9453? Apparently a Jubilation XXV clone?!
    Yes I have It and there is another one online which has a different number. It has a crocodile on the box.
    You are talking about the leopard one.
    I would say it is similar to JUBXXV but sweeter. Not as oudy and complex. Good frag though.

I must add that Faqat Lil Rijal is really nice. I have Al Wisam Day in the mail as we speak. I can't wait to try it. I would also like to try Chastity Men.

Difficult to find a better gourmand EDP in the price category of Tasmeem

Two came in Today!

Erga I have Chez Bond, Aspen, and Cool Water and this is absolutely the closest thing I've encountered to GIT. Awesome bottle too....kinda flips open like a Zippo.

Faqat Lil Rijal this smells like a $300 Rose/Geranium Oud. I can't believe something like this can be produced at this price point.

Both blind buy Worthy in my opinion

Still Waiting on Xtraordinaire Musky

I'm so impressed with this house so far....thrilled to have found it
    Last edited by Dandydude; 12th November 2016 at 12:49 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    Two came in Today!

Erga I have Chez Bond, Aspen, and Cool Water and this is absolutely the closest thing I've encountered to GIT. Awesome bottle too....kinda flips open like a Zippo.

Faqat Lil Rijal this smells like a $300 Rose/Geranium Oud. I can't believe something like this can be produced at this price point.

Interesting on Erga. I thought Tres Nuit by Armaf was a dead ringer.

Awesome feedback on everything! Thanks!!! Looks like some I need to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Interesting on Erga. I thought Tres Nuit by Armaf was a dead ringer.

Awesome feedback on everything! Thanks!!! Looks like some I need to get.
    Never tried that one but I'm really digging Erga

Basenotes Plus

Never tried that one but I'm really digging Erga
    You can try Tres Nuit at the perfume shop at Tanger in Gonzales. And then if you like it, you can order online for half the price.

What would you guys recommend out of these 2 being closer to GIT?
    Tres Nuit
    Egra

and whats the final verdict on Extroadinaire Aromatic if anyone has tried?

Quote Originally Posted by equil1brium View Post
    What would you guys recommend out of these 2 being closer to GIT?
    Tres Nuit
    Egra

and whats the final verdict on Extroadinaire Aromatic if anyone has tried?
    Again... I can only comment on Erga as that's the only one I have tried personally. I find it to be closer to GIT than Cool Water and Chez Bond and I couldn't imagine anyone being disappointed with it at all..... especially at the price point.

I'll add that if Diddy says Tres Nuit is a "Dead Ringer" For GIT you can safely assume it's quality stuff.

I haven't tried Xtraordinaire Aromatic but have Xtraordinaire Musky on the way and will report when it gets here

Faqat Lil Rijal I can't believe something like this can be produced at this price point.
    Seconded!

I'm glad to hear you liked it. Definitely one of the best value for money fragrances I own.

Absolutely fantastic. I love it.

Seconded!

I'm glad to hear you liked it. Definitely one of the best value for money fragrances I own.

Absolutely fantastic. I love it.
    Agreed! This would be good at any price point

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    My favourite is Chastity Men. It reminds me of Minotaure but is not an exact analogue.
    Just ordered Chasity based on this post.

I also pulled the trigger on Royal Blue and Hawas

I'm going to buy a few more based on the recommendations in this thread.

I'm thinking. Tasmeem. Chastity Men. Not sure about Egra as I have plenty of CW/GIT "clones" as it is.

Extroardinaire Musky sounded appealing once I heard the MI similarity..

Basenotes Plus

Again... I can only comment on Erga as that's the only one I have tried personally. I find it to be closer to GIT than Cool Water and Chez Bond and I couldn't imagine anyone being disappointed with it at all..... especially at the price point.

I'll add that if Diddy says Tres Nuit is a "Dead Ringer" For GIT you can safely assume it's quality stuff.

I haven't tried Xtraordinaire Aromatic but have Xtraordinaire Musky on the way and will report when it gets here
    With Tres Nuit, please don't pay more than $30-40usd for it. Cause it can easily be found for that price. If you are considering paying $70 and up for it, then my opinion is to just purchase GIT from an online discounter and get the very thing that it's trying to copy. Mythrol may argue that Tres Nuit is even better than GIT because of it starting off a hair less sharp. It's solid. It's not the only thing out there that does it, but it one for sure.

Basenotes Plus

I got about a dozen Rasasi scents but need to revisit them again. On the top of my head is Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba, a sweet fruity woody Oud. It's very nice on women and perhaps confident men.

Two came in Today!

You took my word for it on Faqat Lil Rijal so what the hey.. it's only fair I should take yours on Egra!

Gonna order a bottle tonight.. I've seen some negative reviews on other websites. But if you say it's close to GIT I'll give it a whirl.

I'm gonna get Tasmeem also based on Ken_Russell's recommendation. Sounds like something I'll like.

Any others worth grabbing, guys? Not looking anything crazy priced.. Just the usual ones in say the 10-40-ish range.

I see they have luxury ranges going up to maybe 150+.. If their 20 juice is this good I can only imagine what their 150 juice is like.
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 12th November 2016 at 07:28 PM.

You took my word for it on Faqat Lil Rijal so what the hey.. it's only fair I should take yours on Egra!

Gonna order a bottle tonight.. I've seen some negative reviews on other websites. But if you say it's close to GIT I'll give it a whirl.

I'm gonna get Tasmeem also based on Ken_Russell's recommendation. Sounds like something I'll like.

Any others worth grabbing, guys? Not looking anything crazy priced.. Just the usual ones in say the 10-40-ish range.

I see they have luxury ranges going up to maybe 150+.. If their 20 juice is this good I can only imagine what their 150 juice is like.
    It's definitely not GIT but it is closer than Cool Water and Aspen for sure. I think it's closer than Chez Bond as well.

If you like Silver Mountain Water you should really give Al Wisam Day a whirl.....super solid

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    Such excellent timing!

I was just spending the past couple hours researching Rasasi fragrances. For fun, I'm going to blind buy a bunch of them from beautyspin.

After reading reviews/discussion, thus far, I'm pretty set on Rasasi Pour Lui (zebra on package... this is supposed to bear some Aventus similarities),
    Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi Leo (supposed to be a take on Jubilation XXV), Al Wisam Day (SMW similarities?) and Khaltat Al Oudh.

I'm looking forward to reading this thread.
    Same here! I am probably going to blind buy Pour Lui really soon.

Dependent

I think I may have to pick up Faqat Lil Rijal based on the replies here, I may also blind by crocodile, but honestly I don't even know what its a clone of so it might be a waste of money without knowing exactly yet.

Dandydude, Aromatic Xtraordinare is really good. I didn't really remember what Silver Mountain Water smells like but it gets compared alot to that. It has a really high quality smell and great performance, its very unique.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast