Code of Conduct

Thread: DIY in India?

Cool DIY in India?

Hello everyone!

The DIY bug recently bit me and after a lot of struggle in procuring the raw materials and with the help of online tutorials, I was able to make my own Aventus clone .

Next step is Tom ford Tuscan Leather or ADG depending on what materials I am able to procure...

I am thinking, in order to benefit everyone going down this route, it might be a good idea to maintain a list of various raw material/essential oil/attar oil suppliers in India.

If anyone's interested, I'll publish a publicly accessible google doc and share the link here.

Default Re: DIY in India?

Alright, here is the list of vendors I have procured some aroma chemicals from. Will add suppliers of essential oils/attars soon.

I'll keep updating it as and when appropriate. If anyone would like me to add some vendor to the list, let me know. If somebody would like to maintain/contribute to the list, drop me a message and I will add you as an editor.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ebirbal View Post
    Alright, here is the list of vendors I have procured some aroma chemicals from. Will add suppliers of essential oils/attars soon.

I'll keep updating it as and when appropriate. If anyone would like me to add some vendor to the list, let me know. If somebody would like to maintain/contribute to the list, drop me a message and I will add you as an editor.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Thanks . Will check out with the guys if they can deliver 100 ml.

Hello Everyone!
    Newbee here, lurking for a very long time and joined recently. Started DIY with few essential oils.
    Wanted to procure few ACs but none of the companies I've contacted would sell smaller quantities (about 50ml). Tried calling the vendors listed in the above excel, but no response.

How do you guys procure smaller quantity ACs? Any pointers would be helpful.

TIA,
    Jagan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ebirbal View Post
    Hello everyone!

The DIY bug recently bit me and after a lot of struggle in procuring the raw materials and with the help of online tutorials, I was able to make my own Aventus clone .

Next step is Tom ford Tuscan Leather or ADG depending on what materials I am able to procure...

I am thinking, in order to benefit everyone going down this route, it might be a good idea to maintain a list of various raw material/essential oil/attar oil suppliers in India.

If anyone's interested, I'll publish a publicly accessible google doc and share the link here.
    Hi ebirbal - Thanks for sharing the file.

Could you share the formulation for the Aventus clone?

Quote Originally Posted by jsganti View Post
    Hello Everyone!
    Newbee here, lurking for a very long time and joined recently. Started DIY with few essential oils.
    Wanted to procure few ACs but none of the companies I've contacted would sell smaller quantities (about 50ml). Tried calling the vendors listed in the above excel, but no response.

How do you guys procure smaller quantity ACs? Any pointers would be helpful.

TIA,
    Jagan

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ebirbal - Thanks for sharing the file.

Could you share the formulation for the Aventus clone?

What part of India are you in? I know a place in Hyderabad who sells in small quantities - but its a physical shop and they don't ship anything online. There used to be a site called cgherbals.com that had some compounds but they shut shop last year.

My Aventus clone wasn't too close to Aventus and I gave up after a while.

If you'e looking for an ADG clone however, I posted a file in another thread that has the mid and base notes close to ADG. Here is the direct link to it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing the formula.

I'm from Hyd, but also live in Bengaluru.
    Do you know any vendor in Bengaluru who would sell in small quantities?

Unfortunately I don't.

However what I understood from my local vendor is his typical customers are small time (read cottage) industries that make all kinds of home toiletries - soaps, agarbattis, room fresheners, local odonil type products, etc. They buy these aromatic compounds for use in their own formulations. So if you google or search on justdial/sulekha/etc for "industrial aromatics" or related words you might get lucky.

Alternatively, ask the manufacturers of aromatic compounds in Bangalore if they have a retail distributor. That's how I landed on my vendor - an ambroxan manufacturer (from Bangalore I think) gave me the number of his reseller in Hyd. So something like that might work for you too.

A bigger challenge has been getting ethanol. Damn near impossible to get someone to sell you ethanol because of the obvious possible misuse. After a lot of pleading I was able to get someone so sell me methanol. Not the best thing, but ok for experimentation.

Welcome to the DIY section; sorry about your wallet