Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2017

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    seems I own quite a few with Galbanum.

Going for Infusion d'Iris by Prada
    Donna, I love love love this fragrance, and ALL of it's siblings. They are beautiful.

Finally syncing in, with Bois d`Orage

The power of bleu

I don't have many scents with the galbanum note ... I'm not a big fan, it would seem. That being said, I adore Bandit, with its galbanum note that seems to run through the entire life of the scent.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

I regret missing the Galbanum sync - it's one of my favourite notes. I may end up wearing galbanum this week though, for the South America sync, for which I have very few ideas. I thought of going the ingredient route, for which there's tolu balsam, and the apparently misnamed peru balsam, but then the weather may not be appropriate for a balsamic fragrance. So I may decide to take inspiration from the Amazon rainforest, and wear something green, though I don't know if I have anything green or moist enough for it. Hmm....
    Currently wearing: Light My Fire by By Kilian

I am going to go for Peru Balsam as well.

I don't do the heady white florals and or fruits when I think of South America.

Etro Heliotrope has it so that will be mine.
    DONNA

I almost blind bought Still Life in Rio by Olfactive Studio a few weeks ago and am kicking myself for not doing so. I'm still thinking of ideas, so I'm anxious to hear what others are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

I went with my sample of Incense Noir by Ava Luxe. This was a free sample with my last Ava Luxe order. The notes are Black agarwood, Australian sandalwood, Ebony, Birch tar, Ceylon cinnamon bark, Copaiba balsam, Orris extract, Myrrh, Balm of gilead, Peruvian balsam, Brazilian vetiver, Vanilla. I'm smelling the birch tar & lots of balsam with a bit of agarwood at the moment.

Blog Entries

l had a few ideas about notes for this one:

Coffee notes to denote Brazil.
    Grassy notes for the pampa regions.
    Horsey notes for the gauchos of Patagonia.

For myself l'm displaying a distinct lack of imagination & wearing Brasil Dream.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ghost by Ghost

In the absence of any real idea of what smells even vaguely South American, I too have gone with the tolu balsam note - Tokyo Spring Blossom by 4160 Tuesdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Art is a lie that tells the truth” - Pablo Picasso
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

In sync with Flora Nymphea AA GURLAIN. South America with wild nature,springs and Amazonio river reminds me of this scent. Nymphes the little mythical creatures living and dancing around springs and rivers.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph .
    Best to all.
    LOVE IS BEST http://sophiloves.simplesite.com/429114763
    " I think part of my success as an editor came from never worrying about a fact, a cause, an atmosphere. It was me—projecting to the public. That was my job. I think I always had a perfectly clear view of what was possible for the public. Give 'em what they never knew they wanted." DiANA VREELAND
    Currently wearing: Cabochard by Grès

in a fragrant coma always

I'm going with Verde by Nest. It's green. It's the closest thing to wear for the theme, that isn't packed up to move. Besides, I haven't done a synch-fri in awhile so, it's my lame attempt...
    blah, blah, blah...
    Currently wearing: Héliotrope Blanc by Piver

Hi everyone. I love the "Around the World in eighty sprays" series. Not only is it a great name, but it really challenges me to go into the "Friday synch makes you think" state of mind which in turn makes me really think about my collection, including samples.

So today exactly that happened, someone mentioned coffee and I found my way back to an old sample of Coze by Perfumerie Generale. Its still in good condition. Coze is an unusual fragrance with notes of coffee and tobacco, hemp and cedar amongst others. I'm not always keen on coffee notes in fragrance but this one is very nice.

Now I DO love rosewood, often called Brazilian Rosewood. It's very present in Chanel Egoiste, in Penhaligons Elixir and in Habit Rouge by Guerlain. So later I'll dig out my vintage mini of Egoiste, and I also have a decant of Habit Rouge so I'll have a wee look at that too.
    Last edited by Foustie; 11th August 2017 at 01:21 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I was at a loss for this week until I read Chypre and Teardrop's excellent suggestions. Thank you both!

I chose Parfums de Nicolai Sacrebleu. Wearing this sumptuous fragrance conjures a vision of a soignée woman who has just returned home after a night of dancing. She has just kicked off her heels, discovers a decadent dessert in the fridge, and dives in with gusto, still in her finery and heedless of it.

Notes include mandarin, red fruits, carnation, tuberose, jasmine cinnamon, frankincense, patchouli, sandalwood, peru balsam, tonka bean

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Barbara Bui by Barbara Bui

Smellcheck

Bahiana by MPG.

Viva Salvador!

Notes: Brazilian orange, caipirinha limon, mandarin, tagette, green leaf, rosewood, gaiac wood, elemi, amber, musk, coconut

(Somewhat related: a thread about an Argentinian perfume house)
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/311...mery?p=4178558
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 11th August 2017 at 04:01 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Horsey notes? I'll be wearing Arabian Horse by PG of course with it's Horses Mane.

http://www.happi.com/issues/2014-06-...ragrance-world
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

I felt hopeless about the South American sync until teardrop opened my mind to some possibilities. Then I remembered my bottle of Blue Agava & Cacao. A little internet research revealed that the agave plant also grows in South America, not just Mexico where blue agave is used for tequila, and of course there's the cacao. According to the Jo Malone description, Blue Agava & Cacao is inspired by the rhythms of Latin music. So there you go, I had a South American beauty residing in my wardrobe all along!
    Currently wearing: Patch Flash by Tauerville

I'm going with CH Man as an homage to Carolina Herrera's Venezuelan heritage.

May join in by wearing La Martina Hombre

I've decided to wear Vol de Nuit, for its peru balsam note and its green notes evoking the rainforests of the Amazon. It seems especially apt for the sync as Antoine de Saint-Exupery's book "Vol de Nuit", for which it was named, was set in South America.
    Currently wearing: Light My Fire by By Kilian

Finally synced in with La Martina Hombre

The power of bleu

I googled "plants native to South America" and Queen of the Night or Cereus hildmannianus ssp. uruguayanus jumped at me. I remembered that I had seen Queen of the Night flower listed in the notes for Dior Addict. Some notes pyramids list night blooming cereus, so I will assume they are the same thing. I think it might be that Queen of the Night note that weaves in and out of the vanilla, keeping it just a little off-guard and making it mysterious. Not to mention dead sexy.

I really like Dior Addict, it is the reason I became the perfumista that I am today. I was on a plane home from a cruise vacation out of Puerto Rico, the lady who sat next to me smelled SO good! I had to ask what she was wearing and she answered Dior Addict. I researched Addict on a whim and accidentally found myself in the old Perfume of Life boards. I was blown away and found myself in a whole new world of fragrances I had never heard of. It kind of snowballed after that.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I googled "plants native to South America" and Queen of the Night or Cereus hildmannianus ssp. uruguayanus jumped at me. I remembered that I had seen Queen of the Night flower listed in the notes for Dior Addict. Some notes pyramids list night blooming cereus, so I will assume they are the same thing. I think it might be that Queen of the Night note that weaves in and out of the vanilla, keeping it just a little off-guard and making it mysterious. Not to mention dead sexy.

I really like Dior Addict, it is the reason I became the perfumista that I am today. I was on a plane home from a cruise vacation out of Puerto Rico, the lady who sat next to me smelled SO good! I had to ask what she was wearing and she answered Dior Addict. I researched Addict on a whim and accidentally found myself in the old Perfume of Life boards. I was blown away and found myself in a whole new world of fragrances I had never heard of. It kind of snowballed after that.
    Great story, shades!
    Currently wearing: Patch Flash by Tauerville

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Great story, shades!
    Totally!

Dior Addict also helped me get into fragrance. I'm not sure how it happened, but my wife and I bought a bottle in the store, and it became my favorite scent on her. I've squirreled away more than a lifetime supply of vintage. Now I know where old mystery NIB bottles come from!
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

What would I wear if I were to dress in drag....

I don't know. I've actually known a few drag queens over the years (my college roommate worked at a drag bar). Sometimes we'd go over and catch a show. It was quite the experience, and we always had a great time. However, if I were to take inspiration from my experiences, I'd probably wear something loud and over the top (like Carnal Flower, which I own and wear occasionally). However, I'm going to be in a very, very serious training for work all day Friday, so I really can't wear something with nuclear performance. I might have to wear something safe yet marketed towards females during the day and then bust out the Carnal Flower at night.

I have quite a few fragrances which are considered by guys on here as masculine. So I have a wide choice.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I think I will wear Poison
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Amber Aoud by Roja Dove

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Tomorrow might be a good day to wear No.5 to work...maybe some lipstick and my girlfriends underwear too. Go big or go home, right?

Smellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Go big or go home, right?
    Well, the underwear might be a teensy bit TMI.

I've narrowed mine down to three and will decide based on my mood when I wake up:

Declaration Essence (if I need spicing up)
    Parfum d'Habit (if I need dressing up)
    Le Troisieme Homme (if I need smartening up)

Always be smelling

Samsare vintage edp
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit.

don't deceive with belief

I always miss the synchs, but I'm in for tomorrow! I plan to use some of my samples, so these are probably the most femme stuff I have -

Lipstick Rose
    La Parfum de Therese
    Passion
    Misia
    Superstitious
    Ostara
    Odalisque

I get to pick two - SOTD and SOTE.

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast