The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Hah! Nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Ah. I guess one of those rare reformulation decisions that I agree with
    I used to call this one "Mr. Microphone" growing up.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Aramis 900 by Aramis

Default Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur in pictures

Thanks folks.
    Any more info on Tsumara ? I know nothing.
    Oh and tried the Cochran version yesterday. No Moss. Very similar to 5 star version I have.
    Well, info is scarse but I do know they still exist making consumer products. They are a division of Tsumura & Co. which is a pharmaceutical company, and they are actually still based in Secaucus, NJ.
    Don't know if they still make perfumes, but I know that the frags they made, for other houses as well as their own, were for sure top quality.

Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Dependent

I have brought this up several times, but imo Cardin A Man's Cologne is a totally different fragrance from Pour Monsieur, which makes sense since neither the box nor bottle say "Pour Monsieur" anywhere.

I don't like PCPM as I don't like birch tar "leather". A Man's Cologne has no smoky "leather" and nicely restrained patchouli, with gorgeous lemony citrus up top. In between? A nearly identical accord to Old Spice deodorant, a clean vanilla with very little powderiness.

A Man's Cologne is a real masterpiece of classic men's colognes! I came upon it totally by chance in a vintage sale and have bought more. Unfortunately, some of my collection suffers from degraded citrus. The ravages of time are sometimes unavoidable! But still very wearable.

My guess would be the fragrance started under Pierre Cardin, then moved to Swank, then J Cochran, then Tsumura, then Aladdin, and finally Five Star. My ten yr-old Five Star smells very good and pretty much as I remember it from when I was 12. (It was the first fragrance I ever had, gifted to me by my parents for xmas.)

I was gifted a bottle of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur last year when I was not into fragrances (had a wardrobe of 2 or 3 if you count Pierre Cardin). I did not think much of it and kept it aside in my bathroom shelf (I know. I know).
    Over the past year I did reach for it often as a deodorant since it was the only frag in the bathroom shelf (everything else stays in cool dark place). I have started liking it and so got a couple of vintages. As expected, vintage shines brighter than current formulation but current version has the same soul and all is not lost. Vintage has Oakmoss and SW that is missing in current formulation but otherwise current is a good approximation.
    I just posted this on the Male forum that I have a Five Star bottle that was part of a gift set that does list oakmoss as an ingredient on the back of the box.. Now I want to compare it to vintage to see how far off it is. Looks like there might be more than one Five Star version, unless they all are actually the same and the oakmoss is not listed..

PCEDC.JPG
    Currently wearing: Performance by Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    My guess would be the fragrance started under Pierre Cardin, then moved to Swank, then J Cochran, then Tsumura, then Aladdin, and finally Five Star. My ten yr-old Five Star smells very good and pretty much as I remember it from when I was 12. (It was the first fragrance I ever had, gifted to me by my parents for xmas.)
    Cool parents
    In Europe it was Pierre Cardin, then Coty and now, as of last year, InterParfums.

Nobody puts POLO in the corner!