Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 90
  1. #1

    Default everyday use perfume purchase help please

    YSL la nuit 2 oz or prada amber pour homme or guerlain vetiver

    budget is 60 dollars max some suggestions please

  2. #2

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    I vote for Guerlain Vetiver

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    219,063

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Guerlain Vetiver
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #4

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    lots of love for guerlain vetiver .. waiting for a few more suggestions before i pull the trigger

  5. #5
    Super Member SteveInCNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    have never smelled prada amber pour homme so can't comment on that
    ysl la nuit, nice frag, don't know that I'd say necessarily appropriate for every day use.
    guerlain vetiver, clean, fresh, classic smelling fragrance. definitely appropriate for every day use.

    so- my vote- guerlain vetiver
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Guerlain Vetiver would be my choice.

    But... I'd choose Habit Rouge EdT or EdP before Vetiver!
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 1st December 2016 at 06:12 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    If you like Prada try Luna Rossa, it's fantastic! Good for every day use/any situation!

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Out of the three I'd pick Prada Amber...

    But, let me just throw out two more in your price range.

    Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee
    Lalique Hommage à L'Homme

    These are two of my favorites. Good luck!
    Currently wearing: Erolfa by Creed

  9. #9
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    CHI-BURBS
    Posts
    12,594

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    I'd go with Guerlain Vetiver out of those you have listed. Although, I've found Armani Code Sport to be a decent everyday fragrance that's under $60 and available widely.
    MadHat Scents

    Brineapple (Pineapple, Guava, Ylang Ylang, Marine Notes, Green Tea, Cade, Guaiacwood, Cedar Wood, Ozone) / Fur - (Vintage Musks, Woods, Leather) / Onsen Wood (Hinoki/Hiba/Cedar/Yuzu) / Winter XVI (Tree Saps, Extractions and Resins, Bois des Landes, Bourbon Vetiver, Spearmint, Frankincense & Myrrh) / L.O.M. Leather Oud Musk (Leather, Oud, Musk, Beeswax, Tobacco, Strawberry, Incense & Amber)

  10. #10

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurChanel View Post
    Guerlain Vetiver would be my choice.

    But... I'd choose Habit Rouge EdT or EdP before Vetiver!
    does guerlain vetiver come close to being good as Vetiver Roja Dove perfume or even half as good as there is lots of love for that one for those who have tried it

    either way going to pull the trigger on guerlain vetiver , thanks guys

  11. #11
    Basenotes Institution sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32,104

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Guerlain Vetiver

  12. #12

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    does guerlain vetiver come close to being good as Vetiver Roja Dove perfume or even half as good as there is lots of love for that one for those who have tried it

    either way going to pull the trigger on guerlain vetiver , thanks guys
    You have chosen wisely.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  13. #13

  14. #14

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Vetiver Guerlain by Guerlain 50 ml Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

    just ordered from fragrancex was 50 canadian dollars shipping included in that price

    is this perfume versatile enough to wear on airplanes when traveling guys

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Guerlain Vetiver is great, classic and a standard. I thoroughly enjoy it. However, for some reason, I'm feeling you would enjoy the Prada more. But GV is solid and I'm glad to have it. Yes you can wear GV on airplanes. Absolutely. Worst case scenario, you can just go easy on sprays. Enjoy your purchase of GV! [emoji4]

  16. #16
    Basenotes Junkie CollectorCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    La Nuit is more of an evening wear for me
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

  17. #17

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    I hope you like it! I'd say it is definitely a 'try before you buy' fragrance, I did not like it at all. But if you like vetiver in general you should be fine.

  18. #18

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Congrats for your choice, excellent everyday scent
    Currently wearing: L'Occitan by L'Occitane

  19. #19
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    12,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Excellent choice! Prada Amber would have been a great choice too. It's clean. Soapy but stylish. It's an anytime, anywhere sort of scent.

    La Nuit is a great scent, but it's not an everyday kind of thing. The name "Nuit" means night, and that's what it is. It's too dark and heavy for a daily wear in my opinion. I was on the train the other day sitting near somebody who was wearing it, and it was just too much for 8am.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    APOM
    Nio
    Curve
    Petit Matin
    Royal Oud
    Aqua Celestia
    Aqua Universalis
    Grey Vetiver
    Dior Homme
    Pomelo Paradis
    Bergamote Soleil
    1725 Casanova
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Reflection Man
    Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  20. #20
    Super Member HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I vote for Guerlain Vetiver
    This would be my choice as well. Very versatile in my opinion.

  21. #21
    Super Member HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    does guerlain vetiver come close to being good as Vetiver Roja Dove perfume or even half as good as there is lots of love for that one for those who have tried it

    either way going to pull the trigger on guerlain vetiver , thanks guys
    I own several Vetiver fragrances. Roja Vs. Guerlain they are similar for sure.. If you smell it up close the Roja wins, but I think for the price they are very similar and most people would really have to be paying attention and getting up close and personal to tell the difference.

  22. #22

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    I own several Vetiver fragrances. Roja Vs. Guerlain they are similar for sure.. If you smell it up close the Roja wins, but I think for the price they are very similar and most people would really have to be paying attention and getting up close and personal to tell the difference.
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancere...1658/r1/page/1

    the negative reviews are scaring me lol

  23. #23
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancere...1658/r1/page/1

    the negative reviews are scaring me lol
    If you're a vetiver fan, ignore the negativity. If you're not a vetiver fan, uh oh.

    Don't worry. This is a good fragrance. I stick by my initial response that I think you'd prefer the Prada, since it's just so dang easy to wear. But that doesn't mean that GV is not easy to wear. Just don't base your impressions of it on the first 5 minutes. Get to the drydown and then make final judgement.

    The plus side is that this fragrance is so universally liked you shouldn't have any trouble selling it should you not like it.

  24. #24

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    If you're a vetiver fan, ignore the negativity. If you're not a vetiver fan, uh oh.

    Don't worry. This is a good fragrance. I stick by my initial response that I think you'd prefer the Prada, since it's just so dang easy to wear. But that doesn't mean that GV is not easy to wear. Just don't base your impressions of it on the first 5 minutes. Get to the drydown and then make final judgement.

    The plus side is that this fragrance is so universally liked you shouldn't have any trouble selling it should you not like it.
    i love a perfume like david beckham instinct and that has vetiver in it

  25. #25

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    man i think u might be right with the prada thing , will be next on my list after this

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    i love a perfume like david beckham instinct and that has vetiver in it
    Uh oh.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

    Just messing with you. But IMO it's not going to strike you like the Beckham. GV does have a sharp note on initial blast, which is what I think some folks are catching and not letting go of... thus some of the negative reviews. But I've read your posts before and know that you make final judgement on the entire composition after a proper wearing. So I'm not worried. I bet that a minimum you'll think it's good. And I sincerely hope I'm right. Hey, this hasn't been around so long for nothing. It's quality juice.

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    man i think u might be right with the prada thing , will be next on my list after this
    I need to order another bottle actually. Someone smelled the bottle I had and loved it so much that I gave it to him. It was only half a bottle though. That was a few months ago, and this thread is making me want it back. [emoji23]

  28. #28

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Uh oh.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

    Just messing with you. But IMO it's not going to strike you like the Beckham. GV does have a sharp note on initial blast, which is what I think some folks are catching and not letting go of... thus some of the negative reviews. But I've read your posts before and know that you make final judgement on the entire composition after a proper wearing. So I'm not worried. I bet that a minimum you'll think it's good. And I sincerely hope I'm right. Hey, this hasn't been around so long for nothing. It's quality juice.
    i think i will like it too but now that u mentioned i am really feeling like prada can be my go to signature scent worthy just a feeling about but well see

  29. #29
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    i think i will like it too but now that u mentioned i am really feeling like prada can be my go to signature scent worthy just a feeling about but well see
    I guess ultimately I'd recommend you have them both anyways. They're different enough from each other that they don't really occupy the same space IMO.

    I look forward to reading your thoughts on GV!

  30. #30

    Default Re: everyday use perfume purchase help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I guess ultimately I'd recommend you have them both anyways. They're different enough from each other that they don't really occupy the same space IMO.

    I look forward to reading your thoughts on GV!
    thanks will let everyone know, fingers crossed i will like it .. can i ask which one u prefer or like better or is it neck and neck

Similar Threads

  1. Everyday warm weather perfume for your girl...
    By van1ty in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 9th November 2014, 10:58 AM
  2. Looking for an everyday perfume.
    By xninax in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th May 2011, 01:19 AM
  3. sexy everyday perfume
    By Kya in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th January 2009, 03:19 PM
  4. sexy everyday perfume
    By Kya in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 3rd January 2009, 12:58 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th July 2008, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000