Code of Conduct

Thread: Apple Note

Default Apple Note

Hello guys.
    What aroma chemicals could a use to create a apple note?

Tanks.

Default Re: Apple Note

Ethyl Acetoacetate, Diethyl Malonate, Manzanate, Prenyl Acetate, Verdox, Applelide, Galaxolide, Tonalide.

from JC Ellena, simply : Fructone, hexyl acetate, geraniol. You just need to find amounts... It is one from his "Summary of odors" (I don't know if my translation is very right)

I will come back here, I remember he wrote something about green and red apple...

Basenotes Member

manzanate, apple oliffac, butyrate ethyle (for red), caproate ethyle, heptenoate ethyle, salicilate cis 3 hex, acetate cis 3 hex.....

I already mentioned Manzanate, along with other chemicals that actually smell of Apples (rather than generally green or fruity).

oooops ! sorry !

I was thinking about my post, and just imagined the formula I posted first : it's wrong !

Se Jean-Claude Ellena published that :

-Simplest apple accord : Fructone + benzyle acetate
    -Green apple : Fructone + benzyle acetate + hexenol Z-3
    -Yellow apple : Fructone + hexyle acetate +benzyle acetate
    -Red apple : Fructone + allyle caproate + hexyle acetate

Fructone + hexyle acetate + geraniol is for creating pear smell, by JCE.
    JCE says these are base formulas, minimalistic, they have to be "fine-tuned" with other materials.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    I already mentioned Manzanate, along with other chemicals that actually smell of Apples (rather than generally green or fruity).
    well david, my mistake i didnt see manzanate on your post. but is not a competition and the post says to " to create an apple note" hence the chemicals i said.

and btw, Prenyl Acetate, Tonalide and Galaxolide, hardly smells like apple...you can use them to create an apple scent, like you can you Caproate Ethyle and all other i said.

Prenyl Acetate, Galaxolide and Tonalide were all present in Woodleigh Green Apple products of the 80's. And I agree it is not a competition.

In addition, maybe alpha damascone?
    I suppose much depends on what kind of apple note one wants to replicate. Some of the pink apples we get in England have a very rosy-floral smell.
    Is Pomarose still captive? I've read that is one of the key apple materials used in DKNY's Delicious series (the ones in the apple-shaped bottle).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EOChemist View Post
    replies.

EOChemist, since you are picking up a nearly three year old thread, maybe some constructive and positive knowledge based on your own experiences is more relevant to improve the conversation. You've only made three comments here since you joined in the past four years. How much more can you add to our discussions?

Blog Entries

Ruskin is not here anymore, he can t hear you, eochemist... But you can try dropping him a pm...
    Anyway i am very interested in the apple scent in the top notes of dorinia sa e ...it is the perfect apple note... Anyone knows what kind of chemical is it?

Maybe the damascones? I know from the SDS that Dorinia includes at least beta-damascone.

alpha damascone also can help it. I think its smell is close to Verdox. and add little of Styrallyl Ac also can be considered.

Comment in violation of code of conduct has been removed, please refrain from name-calling/insults.

Dear Jano
    Regarding the Red Apple blend that you mentioned : Fructone + allyle caproate + hexyle acetate, did you try to blend they one time? If yes could you share in what proportion ?
    thanks
    kind regards

Hi Cliveli,
    I'm sorry, I didn't try the blend because I don't have allyle caproate, but I do have ethyle butyrate with a typical pineapple note, like a very mature fruit with that butyric smell found in some overriped fruits(pineapple, kiwi...). But I don't know if it can effectively replace allyle caproate in JC Ellena's original blend...

Here are some "old-timers" in perfumery who can easily give you advices, above in this thread are given a list of ACs that seem to do the job, in blends of course...
    Take a look at damascones for long lasting apple peel effect, and very powerful, so be careful with damascones...

best regards

Hello it is possible to have about the proportions of each raw materials ? Thank you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmasta View Post
    Hello it is possible to have about the proportions of each raw materials ? Thank you
    Learn how to do your own research on TGSC. This is the link to search through the demonstration formula archive, I am sure you will find some Apple formulas there:
    http://www.perfumersearch.com/index....id=12&Itemid=9

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Learn how to do your own research on TGSC. This is the link to search through the demonstration formula archive, I am sure you will find some Apple formulas there:
    http://www.perfumersearch.com/index....id=12&Itemid=9
    Thank you !