Code of Conduct

Default Creed Virgin Island Water VIW - Coconut intensive batch?

Hi,

I'm planning on purchasing the largest bottle of Creed VIW which is the 17 oz. flacon bottle ; however, I'm trying to find the strongest coconut intensive batch possible if I'm going to spend all that money..

I would appreciate if anyone who has a very strong coconut batch (less lime) would post their batch number.

Creed Virgin Island Water is my signature scent and it's the only scent I enjoy wearing year round.; however, I noticed some recent batches appear to be extremely heavy on the LIME note, and barely have any coconut.

I also noticed my older batches of VIW have clear juice.....like water. While some of the newer batches have a green tint to the juice.

Many thanks in helping me locate a strong coconut batch of VIW instead of the suffocating LIME note that overpowers the scent.
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 7th December 2016 at 08:39 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed Virgin Island Water VIW - Coconut intensive batch?

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind my asking, what has been the best price you have found on that size?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

It's 15% off now through Dec 10th at the Creed Boutique.

They use to sell them at BeautyEncounter for less when they had them in stock many moons ago.

Perhaps if you bought it internationally with a good exchange rate you could do very well.

The USD / CAD is around 32% premium.

Find me the coconut!

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    It's 15% off now through Dec 10th at the Creed Boutique.

They use to sell them at BeautyEncounter for less when they had them in stock many moons ago.

Perhaps if you bought it internationally with a good exchange rate you could do very well.

The USD / CAD is around 32% premium.
    I asked because Incenza has the 17oz. for 350 Euros or $376 which is about $261 dollars cheaper than one could get it at the Creed boutique with the 15% discount. Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already know. https://www.boutique-parfums.fr/6-pa...de-parfum.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you Hednic!

That's fantastic. That would save me a lot of money. I wonder if there are any additional coupons that can be used?

With the Creed Boutique you can select a specific batch. I'd be curious to know what batch Incenza has.

It says $420 euros on that link.

Best wishes.

Thank you Hednic!

That's fantastic. That would save me a lot of money. I wonder if there are any additional coupons that can be used?

With the Creed Boutique you can select a specific batch. I'd be curious to know what batch Incenza has.

It says $420 euros on that link.

Best wishes.
    You have to register and then they deduct the VAT from the price for US customers bringing it to 350 Euros.

I have a newer 17oz Flacon which has the green tinge to it and it is batch number 15W01. It definitely has a bit more of a lime smell to it and infect when I first smelled it I thought there was something wrong with the batch though now that it's sate for a while its decent. I also have a 2.5oz bottle which is batch 13T01 (I know not really going to help as probably long sold out for any major retailer) but it is very strongly coconut (and clear, no green).

Jeff
    Canadians, please visit my splits page linked below for CREED splits, shipped from Canada so no exchange rate, no duty at the border and no international shipping rates!! Prices in Canadian Dollars!! Now have Aventus 17N01 ready to be split!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/427...e-rate-no-duty!!

Thank you hednic and burke58. You guys are the best.

man ill be following this thread. I used to love VIW so much but i really dislike lime in fragrances and it has become a lime dominant fragrance to me.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Hi,

I'm planning on purchasing the largest bottle of Creed VIW which is the 17 oz. flacon bottle ; however, I'm trying to find the strongest coconut intensive batch possible if I'm going to spend all that money..

I would appreciate if anyone who has a very strong coconut batch (less lime) would post their batch number.

Creed Virgin Island Water is my signature scent and it's the only scent I enjoy wearing year round.; however, I noticed some recent batches appear to be extremely heavy on the LIME note, and barely have any coconut.

I also noticed my older batches of VIW have clear juice.....like water. While some of the newer batches have a green tint to the juice.

Many thanks in helping me locate a strong coconut batch of VIW instead of the suffocating LIME note that overpowers the scent.
    Updating my post above. Did you end up making a purchase? I purchased a bottle from Amazon that is very balanced, on the verge of being coconut dominant. the batch number is 16a01. I am really happy with the purchase and it seems they have finally figured out the lime coconut balance again.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

OK I just got the 16a01 batch today and it does have a very light green color.... I remember sampling this at Nordstrom (which has the clear juice) and I instantly fell in love with the smell.... Coconut and lime well blended together.... It was a must buy so I bought it thru fragrancenet.com .... Got a bottle in the mail today .... Sprayed it on me...and this has a Lime blast.... I barely detect the coconut until the drydown.... Do i need to let this age? I really want that coconut... This isn't the smell I felt in love with.... Opening had so much lime right at you... Worse yet.... The one i sample had better performance
    Last edited by rickyv166; 15th March 2017 at 10:31 AM.

The tester that I had was really coconut heavy to my nose. Batch was 15R01.

Basenotes Plus

I've been wearing my 13T01 batch (light green tinge juice), heavy on coconut and rum, and easily 8+ hours longevity and good projection, been wearing it in the -15C weather the past few days and surprisingly the thing cuts through cold like a champ, while I was shoveling snow in the blistering cold I kept getting this tropical smell wafting back and forth, and then realized was my VIW.

Does anyone with a 16a01 batch experience the big lime? Should I return this? I read from other threads that they got a perfect balance on this batch.... But I get straight up lime?? What should I do?? (sorry if I sound like I'm going nuts but this smells like lime juice on the opening)

Pics below is my bottle with batch code.... Just in case if it's authentic.... I buy it from fragrancenet

Last edited by rickyv166; 15th March 2017 at 02:28 PM.

The sample I once tried from the Creed Boutique last year dried into a coconut suntan lotion smell. I got very little lime and wish very much to be able to smell a lime-dominant version of this. I don't know why people are complaining. I would have figured a lime-dominant version would be the 'preferred' one. I think I'm the exception here because in Las Vegas a coconut suntan lotion smell is EVERYWHERE in the summer, but if I could get a great lime in there then I could really like this one. I ultimately 'passed' on Virgin Island Water because the drydown on my skin smelled like coconut suntan lotion. That's not really exotic to me, but I bet to people in Europe it could be a bigtime fragrance note.
    Currently wearing: Royal Water by Creed

Basenotes Plus

I would also actually prefer a little bit more lime in this as the coconut is just very overpowering, but I don't care either way since I like coconut anyway and I think VIW is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm also surprised rickyv166 that your 2016 batch doesn't come in the blue cap, I thought the newer bottles come in the blue cap. The word in the community is that the blue cap has strong lime. But really my theory is this (and this goes for fragrances in general, not just Creed), the older the fragrance gets the less pronounced the top notes become, whether it'd be that the top notes changed due to oxidation or part of it just dissipated into thin air, so some times it really isn't the problem with the batches, but solely because the newer bottles you get have much livelier top notes because they are new and very likely the top notes are still very much in tact, and in turn the bursting lime appears to be stronger in the newer batch, but in actuality it's just that the top notes in the older bottles are no longer as strong, thus made it feel like the coconut coming out a bit too soon and too strong.

Same goes for Aventus and most other fragrances. I've tested various batches of Aventus (new and old), and the older bottles seemed to be smokier while the 2016 batches have strong pineapple openings, it just seems that the top notes diminish or change with time.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    I would also actually prefer a little bit more lime in this as the coconut is just very overpowering, but I don't care either way since I like coconut anyway and I think VIW is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm also surprised rickyv166 that your 2016 batch doesn't come in the blue cap, I thought the newer bottles come in the blue cap. The word in the community is that the blue cap has strong lime. But really my theory is this (and this goes for fragrances in general, not just Creed), the older the fragrance gets the less pronounced the top notes become, whether it'd be that the top notes changed due to oxidation or part of it just dissipated into thin air, so some times it really isn't the problem with the batches, but solely because the newer bottles you get have much livelier top notes because they are new and very likely the top notes are still very much in tact, and in turn the bursting lime appears to be stronger in the newer batch, but in actuality it's just that the top notes in the older bottles are no longer as strong, thus made it feel like the coconut coming out a bit too soon and too strong.

Same goes for Aventus and most other fragrances. I've tested various batches of Aventus (new and old), and the older bottles seemed to be smokier while the 2016 batches have strong pineapple openings, it just seems that the top notes diminish or change with time.
    Thanks for the input..... And people on the Aventus forum say that the pineapple strong batches tend be the weak performer... I do own Aventus but got the smokey woody batch which Is a good strong batch of 2016... But Virgin island is straight lime the opening like someone literally poured pure lime juice on me but I felt it didn't last long like the one on the sample/tester (maybe it's just me... Going to retest it sometime) ..... But I will hold on the bottle tho... I hope it does change for the better over the year.... I mean lime is good but it is super strong and dominant on my bottle lol... As for the color caps it was blue before but they changed it to silver years ago
    Last edited by rickyv166; 15th March 2017 at 06:08 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I have the same bottle as you, same cap and same green tinge (but mine is a 75ml). I just did a research on VIW, and it seems pre 2013 had the blue cap, mine just so happen to be a 2013 batch and has the silver cap. Maybe hunting down a blue cap bottle and compare it with yours. I do get a strong lime on first spray, but it goes right to coconut very quickly, I actually wished the lime lasted longer, so it seems that our perceptions are often different.

But yeah, let your bottle settle and oxidize a bit, skin chemistry plays some factor too. Nonetheless, a very beautiful scent!

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    I do get a strong lime on first spray, but it goes right to coconut very quickly!
    Yes, my sample did the same thing last year! It smelled EPIC upon smelling the opening and then in about 35 minutes......the lime is all but gone and the coconut dominates, then after 3 hours the coconut loses its "freshness" and starts smelling oily like a suntan lotion (which could just be my skin chemistry clashing with it). So, yeah, if I could have that opening smell the same over the morning spray lifespan. It's a fragrance that I don't want to change at all. That's primarily why I passed on it.

I haven't smelled the recent formulation of VIW, but I generally agree that amping up the lime too much would make it much less attractive, if that's what happened.

So...

For those looking for a nice coconut note who either can't find the right VIW batch and don't have the patience to fool around with batches in the first place, I'll suggest Diptyque Philosykos. The oil-based version in particular has a beautiful, warm, greenish-coconut presence.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 16th March 2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Off-Basenotes Decant Sales!

"It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Updating my post above. Did you end up making a purchase? I purchased a bottle from Amazon that is very balanced, on the verge of being coconut dominant. the batch number is 16a01. I am really happy with the purchase and it seems they have finally figured out the lime coconut balance again.
    I ended up paying full retail (15% off actually for Christmas) at the Creed Boutique for their last 2 super-large 17 oz. flacons of VIW from the year 2013. The juice is clear white, and the coconut is dominant.

I could have saved hundreds online; however, I love the coconut in VIW and can't stand the lime--intensive versions.
    I'd rather wear nothing at all than that nauseating, overpowering heavy lime.

I would be thrilled if Creed introduced a new fragrance called Creed Coconut.

Also, the 2007 introductory batches of VIW were EPIC regarding the coconut scent. Similar to the pineapple and oakmoss notes in the first Aventus release.
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 16th March 2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I haven't smelled the recent formulation of VIW, but I generally agree that amping up the lime too much would make it much less attractive,
    Agreed.

However, the white coconut in VIW is quite different than the green coconut in Philosykos.

They're both quality scents.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    The tester that I had was really coconut heavy to my nose. Batch was 15R01.
    Interesting. I will have to try batch 15R01

I love the "suntan lotion" natural-white coconut note, and Creed does it better than all the synthetic offerings from their competition.

VIW has been my signature scent since 2007.

Interesting. I will have to try batch 15R01

I love the "suntan lotion" natural-white coconut note, and Creed does it better than all the synthetic offerings from their competition.

VIW has been my signature scent since 2007.
    It's so cool when someone finds a signature scent that isn't some typical one picked on here. If I lived anywhere else but Vegas (except maybe the Caribbean), I would likely love VIW. I just smell coconut suntan lotion all the time in the summer and it's just 'worn out' on me since I've lived in Vegas nearly all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I asked because Incenza has the 17oz. for 350 Euros or $376 which is about $261 dollars cheaper than one could get it at the Creed boutique with the 15% discount. Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already know. https://www.boutique-parfums.fr/6-pa...de-parfum.html
    That is a very nice price. Any way to set the website to english? haha. I guess when you buy from there, you can't choose batches. With how much aventus batches varies... it is a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    That is a very nice price. Any way to set the website to english? haha. I guess when you buy from there, you can't choose batches. With how much aventus batches varies... it is a gamble.
    Seriously though, ANY batch Creed makes is worth those prices at Incenza. I have to really resist spending. Those flacon sizes are ridiculously within reach financially. Way too tempting.

Basenotes Plus

Schnitter - I use the Chrome browser and I can right click/Translate to English.
    Makes it easier