Code of Conduct

Default Where to find batch code on older Pour Monsieur?

Hi folks,
    just got my parcel from a swap, included a vintage or at least older bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur. Just wanted to date it, but I can't find the batch code on the bottle (no box here). On my Chanel Cristalle EdP the batch code was quite hidden as well, so I thought I just ask for help... Found out that it should be engraved, unlike older bottles of e.g. HermŤs, where the code was painted on the bottle by hand, so easily got erased over time. So, it must be there somewhere?
    It smells different then the current formulation (I wouldn't have swapped it if the previous owner wouldn't asured that it does so) and the color of the liquid is different (yellowish instead of greenish like the current one). But that doeasn't help to date the bottle.
    "A small joke (admittedly a subject of debate) became an affair of state, a fart became a tsunami" (Oliver Kalkofe)
    Currently wearing: Shatha al Oudh by Rasasi

Default Re: Where to find batch code on older Pour Monsieur?

Quote Originally Posted by NebelGeÓst View Post
    So, it must be there somewhere?
    Not necessarily. The older Chanel bottles often don't have a batch code (I'm looking at mine now, and there's nothing visible on the bottle itself).

Thank you. I checked it in daylight and still haven't found a batch code. So to date it roughly, I must research since when Chanel started to engrave batch codes. AFAIK Pour Monsieur was relaunched in secand half of the 1980's, the first edition came in a completely different bottle. So it can't be older than late 80's. But according to some vintage bloqs bottles in the 80's should have had batch codes, that's why I thought I'm just blind...
    "A small joke (admittedly a subject of debate) became an affair of state, a fart became a tsunami" (Oliver Kalkofe)

Always be smelling

Post the pic of bottle and box. Lots of Chanel Heads here who could then help
    Currently wearing: R by Rťvillon

I have no box unfortunetaly, but I make pictures when I get home from work.. Or maybe tomorrow before I leave for work.

- - - Updated - - -

Today I talked to a Chanel SA I know. She's working for Chanel for more than one decade now and she said, she never seen a Pour Monsieur cap like this before, which means either it is really old or it is fake. the shiny silver thing is not attached to the bottle but is part of the cap. Sorry for the poor quaity of the pictures but I guess they should be good enough to at least be able to tell if it's fake or not.
    There's no sticker at the bottom, the Chanel lettering is relief-like, not stamped. The sprayer is pretty broad, but it seems like old bottles often had such sprayers.
    The top notes smell like they often do with older bottles, they are not turned but you smell that they have changed (if you know what I mean?), the base is very nice. So, beside the top notes, if it is a fake I at least like it better than the current original

WP_20161216_004.jpgWP_20161216_001.jpgWP_20161216_002.jpgWP_20161216_003.jpg
    Last edited by NebelGeÓst; 16th December 2016 at 06:45 PM.

Anyone able to narrow down the production date?

that is definiately not fake. I have a few bottles like that and it smells glorious. It's either 80s or 90s I guess. I have some bottles that say "spray cologne" as well. (see the 2nd bottle, no date on it however..), the first bottle you see (green juice) is dated 2001 and it has that Chanel Pour Monsieur fold out paper that the older ones have). The older spray bottles seems to have had a different spray mechanism that the current, and the shiny silver band is attached to the cap and not the bottle (hangs on better IMO).
    20150924_184247.jpg
    Last edited by vertatre; 15th January 2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: this and that

Thanks for sharing your Pour Monsieur collection
    We are getting closer. So 80's or (early I guess) 90's. And yes, the cap sits good on the bottle, much better than the ones from many new bottles (including some magnetic ones!).