Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes. The best there is?

I don't like TdH EDT, but I like the flanerk Eau Tres Fraiche.... I like that flanker A LOT.

As for similar to TDH... maybe Dunhill Icon? doesn't smell the same or a copy of it, but it is another "dirty" citrus frag very nicely blended. I like Eau Tres Fraiche better than the dunhill anyway.

I can relate. I also slipped right into the fragrance hobby through the TdH pathway. Do explore the three versions EdT, parfum & Eau tres Fraiche. And buckle up, you're in for a hell of a ride!

My absolute favorite. That and Aventus. Like someone already said, in its genre and price range, TdH is unmatched. Eau Tres Fraiche is also very good. Being a flanker and fresh doesn't help its popularity on these forums.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

The opening chapter was very promising, but then the scent became rather "insisting"and refused to go away. But good for you if it work's well on your skin. I tend to like the lighter ones anyway.

don`t like this cologne, but yes is well made and a future classic in men colognes .

try Pontevecchio Nobile 1942.
    Top 5: Pontevecchio Nobile 1942, Le Seducteur Micallef, Great Jones Bond º9, Augusto Mazzolari, Jean Pascal Homme

I'm so tempted to blind but the Fraiche as a present to myself for Xmas!!

Blog Entries

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone can be found for just over the price of TdH and is an excellent orange/woods combo. Try it if you want comething different enough to be unique but still with all your preferred notes.

Quote Originally Posted by davmay View Post
    No need, you can walk into any major department store and inhale it with ease. Many times should you choose, I did

The flanker was decent to me but not different enough to warrant buying a full bottle, it isn't as good as the original, the composition isn't as crisp and there is something tucked away in the mix that becomes evident after a few wears that really throws a spanner in it. I do however think you'd really like Bentley Infinite Intense as mentioned previously - its similar yet different enough to warrant a sniff and at £30 for 100ml is worth taking a punt on in comparison to the £60/125ml for ETF.

a) by Terre pure parfum
    Glorious Bastards
    Opium pour homme edp
    Rive gauche
    Knize ten
    M7 fresh
    M7

I can't answer any of your questions.

I love Terre D'Hermes though.

My favorite 'suit" scent for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by davmay View Post
    Fraiche is a nice flanker. It has more citrus notes to me, but the projection and longevity is poor, imo. You have to overspray this one or it becomes a skin scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't feel like making another thread for this scent. Just sprayed this as I got a 15 mL sample as well as 3 other Hermes fragrances for Christmas. WOW so that's what that smell is!! Extremely familiar, been looking for this one for about 10 years (since it's release)!!! This is not a sexy or seductive scent at all imo, but it smells extremely masculine, rigid and militant and also very dominant. I also don't think I'm old enough to wear this casually, but I think maybe one or two sprays will be perfect for work.

Terre D'Hermes is my favorite fragrance; if I only had one, it would be Terre. A close second for me is Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee; similar in feel, only with lime instead of orange. Of course, fragrance is a very subjective thing, but I could get along very nicely with just these two.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Current Hermes Poivre Samarkande bests Hermes current TDH EDT and EDP as it reminds me of the finesse that existed in the first years of TDH offering.
    It is similar in that it uses a considerable volume of ISO E Super as a canvas to float Jean Claude Ellena watercolour vision that is appealing to a wide section of the population.
    Take this with a grain of salt as I am a professed Vintage and "Search for the Original Intent" nutter.

Hey PureCamel, if you happen to see this, do you know how I can find a bottle of TdH from the first year or two of production? It's not so easy as with others, as there's no factual consensus on whether there even WAS a reformulation to begin with. With some frags, like Polo Sport, an infant could pick out the differences. Not sure that's the case with TdH.